Author Topic: Cosmic Revelations and Enslavement for the Damisa-Sarki Coate's Black Panther  (Read 618338 times)

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
Re: Reparations and Revolution for the Damisa-Sarki Ta-Nehisi Coates' Black Panther
« Reply #1230 on: September 09, 2016, 06:02:38 am »
Thanks for sharing Wakandan.

So Wakandan men enslaved Wakandan women. This is the kind of writing that gives retcon a bad name. Coatesverse Panther leaves little room for doubt of his coming out this story line heroic or victorious. A  half dozen or so dangling plot devices to choose from and  Coates chooses to manifest this.

Yea I tried to stay middle road and look at it from both sides but Coates has made that Impossible. He is so set in his agenda that he will do whatever in his story, phuck current continuity, let's bring up stuff that's been retconned/ never existed in the 50 years bp had been around, let's prop up WOC (a Good Thing) by stomping on black men instead of uniting them both and propelling then forward. I am 100% certain Gay's story is going to makes things 150% worse.

This Story is so out of touch with What Bp is all about its sickening

100% with you man. 100%.

I am actively afraid of World of Wakanda. I am DREADING that book.

If this is the "Wakanda" and "Black Panther" I have to endure for 60 issues.... I am not sure I will be around much. Where is the breaking point where you just give up and move on?

Yay for back issues I guess

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Reparations and Revolution for the Damisa-Sarki Ta-Nehisi Coates' Black Panther
« Reply #1231 on: September 09, 2016, 12:47:16 pm »
I'm still wondering why anyone is suprised at what Coates has done to the BP mythos?

I said this was going to happen even before the first Coates penned BP issue dropped.

A lot of heads called me out for supposedly being a negative nancy.

What say you now?

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #1232 on: September 10, 2016, 07:44:19 am »
Ok... Zenzi has me curious. I feel like there is more to her. Her power is too weak in the grand scheme of things to be this big bad super villain to fight at the end.

We have seen and been told that she not only "reveals" peoples emotions from the 'heart"... but she also FEELS it. It was mentioned in issue #1 that "The auras never truly pass. The agony was in me. I felt it all." And when the suicide bombers blew sh*t up, we saw her "awaken" or feel it despite being now where near there.

We also know she has some tragic ish backstory involving Killmonger... wasn't she about to be executed before her powers kicked in?

In issue #1... she also bows at Tetu's feet. He is the one in charge.

For some odd reason she is being put into the WoW book and given a backstory. So much so she is on the cover. Technically she was asleep during the suicide bombing that that even gives her a pass there if you really wanted to squint at it.

So.... what if she turns on Tetu and Stane towards the end. What if she "feels" what's in Tetu's heart and sees nothing but a Tyrant? It would fit the narrative (no one man) for her to turn on the one that she acts like a subordinate too.

In addition to, what if she feels T'challa's love for his country and his people towards the end? So much so that it changes her allegiances because it is the direct opposite of what she felt in Tetu and Stanes heart? Even better, what if she could use her powers so that others (possible a city full of civilians) could feel that love and devotion as well? It would be one way to explain the civilian populations 180* turn back to trusting and adoring the Royal family again.

/fanfiction

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #1233 on: September 10, 2016, 11:56:06 am »
Ok... Zenzi has me curious. I feel like there is more to her. Her power is too weak in the grand scheme of things to be this big bad super villain to fight at the end.

We have seen and been told that she not only "reveals" peoples emotions from the 'heart"... but she also FEELS it. It was mentioned in issue #1 that "The auras never truly pass. The agony was in me. I felt it all." And when the suicide bombers blew sh*t up, we saw her "awaken" or feel it despite being now where near there.

We also know she has some tragic ish backstory involving Killmonger... wasn't she about to be executed before her powers kicked in?

In issue #1... she also bows at Tetu's feet. He is the one in charge.

For some odd reason she is being put into the WoW book and given a backstory. So much so she is on the cover. Technically she was asleep during the suicide bombing that that even gives her a pass there if you really wanted to squint at it.

So.... what if she turns on Tetu and Stane towards the end. What if she "feels" what's in Tetu's heart and sees nothing but a Tyrant? It would fit the narrative (no one man) for her to turn on the one that she acts like a subordinate too.

In addition to, what if she feels T'challa's love for his country and his people towards the end? So much so that it changes her allegiances because it is the direct opposite of what she felt in Tetu and Stanes heart? Even better, what if she could use her powers so that others (possible a city full of civilians) could feel that love and devotion as well? It would be one way to explain the civilian populations 180* turn back to trusting and adoring the Royal family again.

/fanfiction

A good observation MOS. While there can be little if any redemption at this point for T'Challa and Wakanda, your inquiries about Zenzi may prove better reading than anything presented thus far about the man and his nation.
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: September 10, 2016, 01:30:54 pm »
It's interesting because if Coates chose to do so, he could make her wield the power to influence a nation and use that as the political threats while stane and Tetu are the physical

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: September 12, 2016, 07:54:45 pm »
I'm still wondering why anyone is suprised at what Coates has done to the BP mythos?

I said this was going to happen even before the first Coates penned BP issue dropped.

What say you now?

To many people Cooning, instead of calling him on his bullsh*t. Is Ike P his mentor or something? Smh

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: September 13, 2016, 01:52:36 am »

What say you now?

I didn't call you that per se, but as one of the people who was cautiously optimistic about Coates when I heard he got the job, I am willing to admit I was wrong. I even bought a subscription to support Coates and the book. I've been hoping it would turn around, but I'm losing hope fast on that. I'll let the subscription run out and then I'll be done. And I'm not touching Gay's book; her hit job on Nate Parker (in the New York Times I believe) showed me what time it was where she was concerned.

Offline Booshman

• View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: September 13, 2016, 04:41:35 am »

To many people Cooning, instead of calling him on his bullsh*t. Is Ike P his mentor or something? Smh

That's what happens when "thirst" over takes common sense. You'll swallow anything, even if it's detrimental.

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #1238 on: September 13, 2016, 08:35:15 am »
So what is "World of Wakanda" supposed to deal with?
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: September 13, 2016, 08:44:55 am »

What say you now?

I didn't call you that per se, but as one of the people who was cautiously optimistic about Coates when I heard he got the job, I am willing to admit I was wrong. I even bought a subscription to support Coates and the book. I've been hoping it would turn around, but I'm losing hope fast on that. I'll let the subscription run out and then I'll be done. And I'm not touching Gay's book; her hit job on Nate Parker (in the New York Times I believe) showed me what time it was where she was concerned.

Brothers EJ and Ezyo, I am so sorry to see your hope for BP dashed, angry too!  Repping T'Challa in a positive light in his own book should not be that hard, especially since that should be job #1.  Coates missed this, completely over-thinking the task at hand by conceiving of his grandiose plot to raise his personal beliefs and somehow, I suppose, circle back around and give T'Challa his due!?!  Coates BP has been a huge disappointment. Personally, I lost hope after issue #3, having read Coates' comments/thoughts and knowing that his entire first year run was already in the can.  Such a let down for all of us who've endured so much frustration with Marvel's representation of the character over the last several years.

Peace/No Peace,

Mont
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 08:47:52 am by Kimoyo »

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #1240 on: September 13, 2016, 08:51:21 am »
So what is "World of Wakanda" supposed to deal with?

stompin on T'challa's nuts

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: September 13, 2016, 08:56:15 am »
For me, its come down to i don't expect any sort of good to come out of this. Just reading in disappointment and how its been allowed for T'Challa to look good in team books and guest appearances but looking like there is no way for him to redeem himself in his own book unless there are some major f ups from the other characters. Because its unlikely he is gonna make any major plays here

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: September 13, 2016, 09:17:13 am »

What say you now?

Brothers EJ and Ezyo, I am so sorry to see your hope for BP dashed, angry too!  Repping T'Challa in a positive light in his own book should not be that hard, especially since that should be job #1.  Coates missed this, completely over-thinking the task at hand by conceiving of his grandiose plot to raise his personal beliefs and somehow, I suppose, circle back around and give T'Challa his due!?!  Coates BP has been a huge disappointment. Personally, I lost hope after issue #3, having read Coates' comments/thoughts and knowing that his entire first year run was already in the can.  Such a let down for all of us who've endured so much frustration with Marvel's representation of the character over the last several years.

Peace/No Peace,

Mont

Looking at it i feel like this story would of been better served as a 3rd season story rather then the first, that way there could be a better build up to all of this and have a more established fleshed out reason rather then jumping straight into this rebellion that stemmed from nowhere and not build up to it. Had Coates have T'Challa putting out fires (in the form of stroy arcs) and showing the characters feeling burnt out, it might of went better along. However, even now there were a multitude of ways to make this better then what we are seeing. IE makign the antagonists actually be a threat physically and politically and have them actually be intelligent and not have to rely on bad writer/ OOC for T'Challa and the Royal family to make his story work.

I guess there is always TA Hulk to look forward to a good showing right?

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #1243 on: September 13, 2016, 09:26:44 am »
Agreed.

Even ignoring all the stupid sh*t like rape camps and woman slaves, just story telling wise this is kind of a mess.

Even just one, 2-6 issue arc before this story could have added so much to it and felt earned. Show us that T'challa and Wakanda are exhausted putting out fires around the country. Show us t'challa and the HZ are exhausted from stopping invaders thinking they are ripe for destruction following the Black Order. Show us political stuff of other world powers trying to repair the relationship between Wakanda and the World post Black Order.

Show us some unrest in Wakanda from the citizens. Citizens pissed about the invasions... some wanting to re-isolate. Some wanting T'challa gone. Some curious to what happened to Queen Shuri. Ect.

Show us T'challa exhausting all resources to bring his sister back.

At least make it somewhat believable that he could miss some rape treehouses hiding at the outskirts.

Instead, we got thrown into a story that was already started and not earned at all. We get more story on the initial recap page than we do on panel.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: September 13, 2016, 11:55:21 am »
Agreed.

Even ignoring all the stupid sh*t like rape camps and woman slaves, just story telling wise this is kind of a mess.

Even just one, 2-6 issue arc before this story could have added so much to it and felt earned. Show us that T'challa and Wakanda are exhausted putting out fires around the country. Show us t'challa and the HZ are exhausted from stopping invaders thinking they are ripe for destruction following the Black Order. Show us political stuff of other world powers trying to repair the relationship between Wakanda and the World post Black Order.

Show us some unrest in Wakanda from the citizens. Citizens pissed about the invasions... some wanting to re-isolate. Some wanting T'challa gone. Some curious to what happened to Queen Shuri. Ect.

Show us T'challa exhausting all resources to bring his sister back.

At least make it somewhat believable that he could miss some rape treehouses hiding at the outskirts.

Instead, we got thrown into a story that was already started and not earned at all. We get more story on the initial recap page than we do on panel.

Hell just giving us an issue #0 with T'challa doing a recap for us of them fighting fires, dealing with issues, and showing him burnt out and heading to the necropolis, while at the same time maybe showing a girl come up to  Aneka and Ayo over whats going on with the chieftain  and the Dora's realizing T'Challa has his hands full and that they can take care of bringing him in themselves until they get there And Aneka, not realizing how exhausted she is and not thinking clearly because of how much has been going on, goes into a rage killing the chieftain to Ayo's horror, thus setting things off for the  events between them. While we then see T'Challa giving a Speech to rally the Miners at the great mound, what starts off positive starts to quickly deteriorate when Zenzi uses her power and the rock is thrown