Author Topic: Cosmic Revelations and Enslavement for the Damisa-Sarki Coate's Black Panther  (Read 587546 times)

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
No, thats for the main book, variant for #9

Offline The Wakandan

• View Profile

Indeed, it was a variant from the December solicits.

As for season 2, all Coates said so far is that it will touch on religion. No idea how he will go about it, or why he decided to go that route.

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog

As for season 2, all Coates said so far is that it will touch on religion. No idea how he will go about it, or why he decided to go that route.

What are Coates religious views anyway?

Do I want to know the answer to that question?

Since he couldn't wrap his head around "advanced culture with monarchy," maybe he can't wrap his head around "advanced culture worshipping a cat god" either

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Courtesy of UltimateTy at the CBR:

Quote from: UltimateTy;2348163
BP world of Wakanda #1 preview. I'm still not sure If i'll be buying this

Quote from: UltimateTy;2348166

The Afua Richardson art is great here though

Offline The Wakandan

• View Profile

What are Coates religious views anyway?

Do I want to know the answer to that question?

Since he couldn't wrap his head around "advanced culture with monarchy," maybe he can't wrap his head around "advanced culture worshipping a cat god" either

Uh oh

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group

No reprieve for our boy T'Challa.

There used to be a time when one would say that happened because it's Vision's book but T'Challa is catching Ls even in his highest selling solo. Not to mention the fact that Coatesverse Panther's force/push back could have been shown as the only real defense against the Vision. Just saying.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 08:20:41 pm by Ture »
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline The Wakandan

• View Profile

No reprieve for our boy T'Challa.

There used to be a time when one would say that happened because it's Vision's book but T'Challa is catching Ls even in his highest selling solo. Not to mention the fact that Coatesverse Panther's force/push back could have been shown as the only real defense against the Vision. Just saying.

Well damn :o

Offline The Wakandan

• View Profile
Variants for BP: WoW #1.

Offline The Wakandan

• View Profile
More variants for BP: WoW #1.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

Really digging Shuris new look. The headpiece should be blue though and she needs a vibranium stomach piece to cover her, hell Even a spot Microweave will do.

As for the other variant. I really wish that artist would give More detail to T'Challas habit. Put some silver streak's on the habit. So he doesn't look like a big shadow with white eyes

Offline The Wakandan

• View Profile

Really digging Shuris new look. The headpiece should be blue though and she needs a vibranium stomach piece to cover her, hell Even a spot Microweave will do.

As for the other variant. I really wish that artist would give More detail to T'Challas habit. Put some silver streak's on the habit. So he doesn't look like a big shadow with white eyes

Gotta say, I didn't expect to like Shuri's new outfit as much as I currently do at the moment. It's pretty dope and very unique.

Def agree with you and others on her stomach needing vibranium covering / protection, rather than it being open. It's a clear weak spot in case she fights opponents.

Speaking of which, is she going to have the same abilities before, or will she have a brand new power set altogether? I can't imagine her journey will only result in her returning with a new outfit and (possibly) a change in hair color. Gotta be more than that.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

Gotta say, I didn't expect to like Shuri's new outfit as much as I currently do at the moment. It's pretty dope and very unique.

Def agree with you and others on her stomach needing vibranium covering / protection, rather than it being open. It's a clear weak spot in case she fights opponents.

Speaking of which, is she going to have the same abilities before, or will she have a brand new power set altogether? I can't imagine her journey will only result in her returning with a new outfit and (possibly) a change in hair color. Gotta be more than that.

Well she will come back with knowledge of previbranium Wakanda and possibly the ability to turn Into a flock of birds but other then that It's yet to be seen. Might not be much considering how depowered this arc is so far unfortunately.

Offline Booshman

• View Profile
- Ignoring the scans from the crappy issue -

To be fair EVERYONE in that issue got jobbed out to Vision. It was even hinted that Monica and Blue Marvel lost to him. Which is complete and utter nonsense.

Offline The Wakandan

• View Profile

Well she will come back with knowledge of previbranium Wakanda and possibly the ability to turn Into a flock of birds but other then that It's yet to be seen. Might not be much considering how depowered this arc is so far unfortunately.

Forgot about the birds lol.

Coates did say Shuri would be "different" when she comes back, so I'm expecting at least something new in the abilities side of things. Or else, he probably would've been better off having her back earlier.

Offline Metro

• View Profile
    • Monmouth University

The core idea of bringing Wakandans to the front of the BP story under Coates is interesting, but he doesn't value the conventions that made previous versions of T'Challa compelling. That misunderstanding may reflect some of his commitments to Afropessimism, but it has alienated many readers and will sabotage the long-term engagement with Panther leading up to the movie in 2018.
Dean Walter Greason
The Honors School
Monmouth University
(twitter) @worldprofessor