Author Topic: Cosmic Revelations and Enslavement for the Damisa-Sarki Coate's Black Panther  (Read 587350 times)

Offline The Wakandan

• View Profile
From MoS

Quote from: MindofShadow;2355075

Black Panther #10

TA-NEHISI COATES (W) • BRIAN STELFREEZE (A/C) Connecting Variant Cover by PAOLO RIVERA

RETURN OF THE QUEEN!

• Shuri is reborn anew… New powers, a new codename and a new target: the Midnight Angels.

• The newly independent Dora Milaje make their final accord with Tetu and The People…

• T’Challa takes an audience with the voice of dissent, Changamire. But will both men finally listen to reason?

Offline The Wakandan

• View Profile
Quote from: MindofShadow;2355081

WoW #3

ROXANE GAY & TA-NEHISI COATES (W) • ALITHA E. MARTINEZ (A) Cover by AFUA RICHARDSON Variant Cover by NATACHA BUSTOS

DORA MILAJE NO MORE!

• T’Challa betrays all of Wakanda, forcing Ayo and Aneka to make the biggest decision of their lives

Remember this is back in Hickman's run lol. So calm down

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
FOR ALL YOU EAST COASTERS AND JET SETTERS...

TA-NEHESI COATES WILL BE IN PHILLY TOWN ON OCTOBER 26, 2016

IF I WERE ABLE TO ATTEND, MY QUESTION TO COATES... AS YOU WERE SO INSISTENT ON PROMOTING YOUR INTERPRETATIONS OF BLACK FEMINISM, THE FAILURE OF MONARCHY AND GENDER EQUALITY WHY NOT START FROM THE POSITIVE? HAVE YOUR ITERATION OF WAKANDA DEMONSTRATING A HIGHLY EVOLVED MONARCHY THAT IS MORE A LEADERSHIP SYSTEM GROUNDED IN MERITOCRACY THAN ROYAL PRIVILEGE. A SYSTEM THAT HAS A SPIRITUAL, INTELLECTUAL AND MARTIAL COMPONENT TO IT, NOT JUST THAT PATHETIC TRIAL BY PHYSICAL COMBAT.  A SYSTEM THAT IS OPEN TO ALL WAKANDAN PEOPLE AND HAS A COUNCIL THAT CO- GOVERNS WITH THE KING AND QUEEN? WHY NOT START WITH THE DORA MILAJE AND THE HATUT ZERAZE BEING COMPLIMENTARY TO ONE ANOTHER AS ONLY THEIR ELITE GUARD THE KING AND QUEEN.

IF YOU SO NEEDED TO SHOW RAPE CAMPS, WOMEN BEING ABUSED AND TRAFFICKED WHY NOT USE ANOTHER FICTITIOUS AFRAKAN COUNTRY LIKE NIGANDA OR IF YOUR PENCHANT FOR IT BEING WAKANDA WAS SO STRONG WHY NET SET IT IN WAKANDA'S ANCIENT PAST SOME TEN THOUSANDS YEARS AGO. THAT COULD HAVE BEEN THE TIME WHEN T'CHALLA'S GREAT ANCESTRAL MOTHER AND FATHER LEAD WAKANDA OUT OF SUCH BARBARISM AND FOUNDED THE FIRST  DORA MILAJE AND THE HATUT ZERAZE CLANS. 

MY POINT IS THAT WITH ALL THIS PUBLICITY BEING SHOWERED ON THE BLACK PANTHER HE SHOULD BE REFLECTING  THE MANY POSITIVE ASPECTS THAT SO DEFINE AFRAKAN PEOPLE.

MY VOTE FOR THE NEXT BLACK PANTHER POSTER

Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
From MoS

Quote from: MindofShadow;2355075

Black Panther #10

TA-NEHISI COATES (W) • BRIAN STELFREEZE (A/C) Connecting Variant Cover by PAOLO RIVERA

RETURN OF THE QUEEN!

• Shuri is reborn anew… New powers, a new codename and a new target: the Midnight Angels.

• The newly independent Dora Milaje make their final accord with Tetu and The People…

• T’Challa takes an audience with the voice of dissent, Changamire. But will both men finally listen to reason?

GOOD COVER. THE ONLY ONE MISSING IS SHURI. TAKE OUT MANIFOLD INSERT SHURI. MAKE T'CHALLA MORE PROMINENT, HE IS THE WHOLE REASON WHY WE ARE ALL HERE...IN REAL AND FICTITIOUS LIFE. GLAD TO READ SHURI ISN'T CAPEING FOR THE OTHER TEAM. THE HZ LOOK COOL GIVE THEM SOME COOL FEATS.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
 Ta-Nehisi Coates Retweeted
 Lynette ‏@saykedu  Oct 14 Chicago, IL
"Wait Mom, everyone is black and things get intense fast" four pages in and he's hooked @tanehisicoates #literacy #blerd #BlackPanther

MY QUESTION TO COATES... AS YOU WERE SO INSISTENT ON PROMOTING YOUR INTERPRETATIONS OF BLACK FEMINISM, THE FAILURE OF MONARCHY AND GENDER EQUALITY WHY NOT START FROM THE POSITIVE? HAVE YOUR ITERATION OF WAKANDA DEMONSTRATING A HIGHLY EVOLVED MONARCHY THAT IS MORE A LEADERSHIP SYSTEM GROUNDED IN MERITOCRACY THAN ROYAL PRIVILEGE. A SYSTEM THAT HAS A SPIRITUAL, INTELLECTUAL AND MARTIAL COMPONENT TO IT, NOT JUST THAT PATHETIC TRIAL BY PHYSICAL COMBAT.  A SYSTEM THAT IS OPEN TO ALL WAKANDAN PEOPLE AND HAS A COUNCIL THAT CO- GOVERNS WITH THE KING AND QUEEN? WHY NOT START WITH THE DORA MILAJE AND THE HATUT ZERAZE BEING COMPLIMENTARY TO ONE ANOTHER AS ONLY THEIR ELITE GUARD THE KING AND QUEEN.

Kind of puts my question in the proper context. Wait until he's four issues deep.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
"Wait Mom, everyone is black and things get intense fast" four pages in and he's hooked @tanehisicoates #literacy #blerd #BlackPanther

MY QUESTION TO COATES... AS YOU WERE SO INSISTENT ON PROMOTING YOUR INTERPRETATIONS OF BLACK FEMINISM, THE FAILURE OF MONARCHY AND GENDER EQUALITY WHY NOT START FROM THE POSITIVE? HAVE YOUR ITERATION OF WAKANDA DEMONSTRATING A HIGHLY EVOLVED MONARCHY THAT IS MORE A LEADERSHIP SYSTEM GROUNDED IN MERITOCRACY THAN ROYAL PRIVILEGE. A SYSTEM THAT HAS A SPIRITUAL, INTELLECTUAL AND MARTIAL COMPONENT TO IT, NOT JUST THAT PATHETIC TRIAL BY PHYSICAL COMBAT.  A SYSTEM THAT IS OPEN TO ALL WAKANDAN PEOPLE AND HAS A COUNCIL THAT CO- GOVERNS WITH THE KING AND QUEEN? WHY NOT START WITH THE DORA MILAJE AND THE HATUT ZERAZE BEING COMPLIMENTARY TO ONE ANOTHER AS ONLY THEIR ELITE GUARD THE KING AND QUEEN.

Kind of puts my question in the proper context. Wait until he's four issues deep.

But he doesn't know any better because he is new to the BP comics, He isn't going to see just how off coates T'Challa is compared to the Real BP we all know about

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group

But he doesn't know any better because he is new to the BP comics, He isn't going to see just how off coates T'Challa is compared to the Real BP we all know about

I'm not as concerned with what iteration of the Black Panther as much as with the Afrakan on Afrakan violence, Afrakan men enslaving, raping and trafficking Afrakan women. The very hero of the story looking impotent and ineffective by his own standard. This is what that child and too many of our children are witnessing in the pages of Coates' Black Panther.

Offline Booshman

• View Profile
I'm not as concerned with what iteration of the Black Panther as much as with the Afrakan on Afrakan violence, Afrakan men enslaving, raping and trafficking Afrakan women. The very hero of the story looking impotent and ineffective by his own standard. This is what that child and too many of our children are witnessing in the pages of Coates' Black Panther.

It's funny that Coates is resorting to using stereotypes of Africans (and in particular the men) to tell his own story. Because I remember back in 2009, when I first heard about him, he was railing against the Japanese and Capcom for portraying Africans in an offensive and stereotypical manner in Resident Evil 5. In an article he wrote for The Atlantic. The sheer hypocrisy coming from "Blah-Nehisi Coates" and this mediocre story is absolutely staggering.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 07:15:52 pm by Booshman »

Offline The Wakandan

• View Profile

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Recap vid of BP #6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xc3pcBax2M&

Seriously watching the vid and im explain it whats going on is like he isn't even reading the comic.. Or he is terrible at putting his thoughts to paper correctly. Like that video is very misleading to how the comic plays out. Quite annoying really

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
Recap vid of BP #6

Seriously watching the vid and im explain it whats going on is like he isn't even reading the comic.. Or he is terrible at putting his thoughts to paper correctly. Like that video is very misleading to how the comic plays out. Quite annoying really

it has been that way since issue 2

what is on page and what he says is one page never, ever go together.

Offline The Wakandan

• View Profile
Recap vid of BP #6

Yea, I saw the vid for #6 and even I had the  :o face for some of the descriptions and his replies. Really weird.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Recap vid of BP #6

it has been that way since issue 2

what is on page and what he says is one page never, ever go together.

Yep. Excatly, I remember i actually laughed out loud when he said he got on victory or Zenzi and Tetu and force them to retreat. I was like "If THAT is a victory in his eyes, Im afraid to see what a defeat looks like" Like the disconnect is astounding. and I cant believe he is able to get away with this and people just keep patting him on the ass saying good job while true fans are like "WTH is this?"

Offline The Wakandan

• View Profile
For those with twitter, Coates will have a Q&A on the BP book prior the presidential debate. I'll assume it would be about an hour before the debate so 7pm central time.

I'll post the Q&A stuff when it comes out.

Offline The Wakandan

• View Profile
pencils of BP #8 panel. Looks like T'Challa and Manifold are entering...the Djalia? Something else?