Author Topic: Reparations and Revolution for the Damisa-Sarki Ta-Nehisi Coates' Black Panther  (Read 113248 times)

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
realistically though,

Probably 1, 2, and 3 but depending they may do a 3&6 after the movie

Offline 4sake

• View Profile
OK, pop quiz.  How will Marvel react to Coates' continual slide into irrelevancy?

1) Double-down on him, and insist that it's the readers fault.
2) Artificially inflate sales with special variant covers, retail incentives, and crossovers.
3) Relaunch, baby! But still with Coates writing.
4) Make T'Challa an Inhuman, and the HSH some sort of Terrigen variant.
5) Cancel the book, and blame the fans.
6) Actually get someone who can write a comic on the title.

You forgot option 7

Tgeyvput the MA, government, chang, stuff in background. Wakanda isnt o fire. BP isnt getting lectured.

Less blsck dysfunctiom, less sells

Time to double down on lesbiabs, man hating, and wakanda burning forvsales!

All the woke reviewers are already bored with this "boring generic comic book "

Relaunch tge book with a black trans writer next, find out tchalla actually wants to be tchallina

Don't give marvel any ideas..
Pull List

Offline Mortal Man

• When ish hit the fan...
    • View Profile
Hahaha

Im running errands and dont have a computer on me... but

Hajahahahahaha

I feel like Namor

Hahahahahaha

sh*t what was my prediction, that sales would hit 20k by the halfway mark of season 2?  So by issue 18?

How we looking?

Hahahaha

I feel like Namor

I need the pic, i feel like Namor hahajajaahah
How many leaders you said you needed then left em for dead?
Is it Moses, is it Huey Newton or Detroit Red?
Is it Martin Luther, JFK, shooter you assassin
Is it Jackie, is it Jesse, oh I know, its King T'Challa, oh!

When ish hit the fan, is you still a fan?

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
OK, pop quiz.  How will Marvel react to Coates' continual slide into irrelevancy?

2) Artificially inflate sales with special variant covers, retail incentives, and crossovers.
I would want then to crack down on him and tell him to write T'Challa write or get out while simultaneously getting a new creative team to write a second ongoing

O'm praying for option 6 because Coates wack a$$ needs to be gone from the BP mythos sooner rather than later.

How any self respecting so-called BP mythos enthusiast can actually buy his rubbish iteration of T'Challa and Wakanda defies logic.

And to make matters worse, he's totally ruined Shuri as a character with this bargain basement Crow rip off Grio nonsense.

Phuck Coates and his false narrative laden agenda idiocy.

Offline The Wakandan

• View Profile
Cover of Black Panther #16.

Online KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
During Priest's run, his outfit could take all those bullets, now, it seems to be failing.   He needs to go back to his original tailer.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Hudlin's version could take those rounds AND then T'Challa would blow up their gun's too.. Why is coatesverse trying to chump T'Challa every chance they get?

Offline Beware Of Geek

• View Profile
Clearly, he can't "farce push" bullets, and hence is helpless.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Tchalla on his knees tattered habit surrounded by white aggressors... Racists and unfans dream cover..

Offline CvilleWakandan

• View Profile
MoS, we might get another candidate for the Goon Slam Award. lol

Offline Booshman

• View Profile
How did bullets tear his suit, if it withstood a rocket blast IN Coates' own book?

Offline Mortal Man

• View Profile

I don't know about any of those, but this is the inevitable outcome:

8.) Coates quits, Marvel relaunches and puts a new writer to steer the ship.

Soon as issue 12's sales were revealed, i stated our goal for season 2 should be to have sales drop to 20k by the halfway mark of season 2 (issue 18).  Ideally you want it sub-20k by then.

That happens and that's a f*ck you to Coates (and his supporters) that we aren't supporting his sh*t, with still 6 months to go.  If he knows no one wants to read his sh*t nor his satellite books, the writing will be on the wall.

Ultimately, we'll have to make him quit.

Offline Mortal Man

• View Profile
I'll wait until the numbers are official but seriously, good job guys

Keep up the good work not buying that sh*t.  I'm proud of each and every one of you (that has contributed).  Bast bless you all.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
How did bullets tear his suit, if it withstood a rocket blast IN Coates' own book?
Because Coates will contradict himself without any care. He claims he wants to use continuity or whatever and then will just inject whatever bullsh*t into his run regardless of how illogical it is.
frakking hack

Online MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
I thought we were going full Orisha, god mythology for this arc...

Re: Future of the Book

Movie is coming out in a handful of months and we have seen with the dedication to Carol (for more dedication than BP... carol gets an immediate entry in MvC but BP is DLC? da f*ck?) that they are not going to give up on an important (minority) character with ties to MCU.

I imagine we finish out this season, get to #24, and I imagine Coates simply goes "this was an exciting experience and i am glad I have done it but it is time I move on" type of thing. He is currently writing a book and didn't he get a university job?

Then Marvel relaunches with original numbering.

The telling thing is... Marvel knows BP CAN sell. It was selling at Wolverine numbers for awhile (something soemone like Carol never did). Selling better than Bendis books. There is a sizable audience out there.

Do they go with one of their tried and true A/B list writers for the book, regardless of race politics? The Bendis, Aarons, Waids, Soules of the world? And show us they actually think the character has a chance to make that sales leap?

Do they go lazy and put a "name" on the book like Ewing or Walker? and guarantee 20K sales for 12 issues? Show us that they don't really care and are just giving lip service to the character?

Or do they get "fancy" and chase another black literary name? That is what they keep doing with Carol (and failing). And what htey love to do with their C list white woman properties. Do we get more Coates, Yonas, Gays of the world? And get the big spike and quick fall again with sh*t writing?