Author Topic: Reparations and Revolution for the Damisa-Sarki Ta-Nehisi Coates' Black Panther  (Read 202944 times)

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Reparations and Revolution for the Damisa-Sarki Ta-Nehisi Coates' Black Panther
« Reply #2775 on: September 13, 2017, 01:18:40 pm »
Marvel Two-In-One #1
Chip Zdarsky / Jim Cheung
Cover by Jim Cheung
"The Fate Of The Four Part 1"
THE FOUR ARE NO MORE, SO TWO MUST DO! Something is very wrong with THE HUMAN TORCH and only THE THING can help him! Itís the Marvel Universe reunion youíve all been waiting for (well, HALF of it, at least!).  Plus: What monumental secret has DOOM been hiding since the end of SECRET WARS, and how will it completely change the lives of Johnny Storm and Ben Grimm?

sigh... T'challa could easily be involved in this but no :(

Would it do him any good honestly? or would they just drag him through the mud some more

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: Reparations and Revolution for the Damisa-Sarki Ta-Nehisi Coates' Black Panther
« Reply #2776 on: September 13, 2017, 01:47:50 pm »
Marvel Two-In-One #1
Chip Zdarsky / Jim Cheung
Cover by Jim Cheung
"The Fate Of The Four Part 1"
THE FOUR ARE NO MORE, SO TWO MUST DO! Something is very wrong with THE HUMAN TORCH and only THE THING can help him! Itís the Marvel Universe reunion youíve all been waiting for (well, HALF of it, at least!).  Plus: What monumental secret has DOOM been hiding since the end of SECRET WARS, and how will it completely change the lives of Johnny Storm and Ben Grimm?

sigh... T'challa could easily be involved in this but no :(

Would it do him any good honestly? or would they just drag him through the mud some more

Agreed. The Black Panther both character comic book needs some down time before the movie drops. A palate cleansing of sorts.
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Mortal Man

• When ish hit the fan...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2777 on: September 13, 2017, 02:26:39 pm »
They should put him on timeout between now and the movie.  Then start clean
How many leaders you said you needed then left Ďem for dead?
Is it Moses, is it Huey Newton or Detroit Red?
Is it Martin Luther, JFK, shooter you assassin
Is it Jackie, is it Jesse, oh I know, itís King T'Challa, oh!

When ish hit the fan, is you still a fan?

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2778 on: September 13, 2017, 02:50:29 pm »

100% would be on board for that. I would take not have a BP book from now till the movie and then pick up a solid writer like Redjack, Hudlin, Waid, or Ellis. and have a clean fresh start.

In a heartbeat

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #2779 on: September 13, 2017, 02:59:28 pm »
Never thought I'd be the one looking forward to the time between Black Panther comics as opposed to what is being published.

Online Beware Of Geek

• View Profile
« Reply #2780 on: September 13, 2017, 03:07:43 pm »
100% would be on board for that. I would take not have a BP book from now till the movie and then pick up a solid writer like Redjack, Hudlin, Waid, or Ellis. and have a clean fresh start.

In a heartbeat

I'd be OK with any of them except Ellis. He's really started to lean on the same character tics too often, and they don't fit T'Challa.

He'd do one heck of a White Wolf miniseries, though.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2781 on: September 13, 2017, 03:46:49 pm »

In a heartbeat

I'd be OK with any of them except Ellis. He's really started to lean on the same character tics too often, and they don't fit T'Challa.

Coates and people like him (Like that hack insulting T'Challa and Wakanda with some random girl becoming queen of wakanda in Venimverse) need to stay far away from T'challa. They are a disease that the MCU will hopefully be the cure for

Offline CvilleWakandan

• View Profile
« Reply #2782 on: September 13, 2017, 04:16:23 pm »
Wasn't that Venomverse done by an aspiring Nigerian fantasy writer? I figured the character and story was a wish fulfillment for herself.

Kinda like me daydreaming about becoming black panther. Tchalla would either have to die or I beat him in combat. lol

Offline Mortal Man

• When ish hit the fan...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2783 on: September 13, 2017, 05:27:01 pm »

In a heartbeat

T'Challa is approaching a point where he wouldn't even need comics to satiate his impending large fanbase.  He's a hit video game away from having that trifecta of movie, cartoon and video game.  Rarified air.  In addition to actual novels coming to bookstores.  At that point, fukk comics.  Batman TAS was my 'comic' as a kid lol.

In truth if his toys and merch sell, they gon wolverine/Batman him in everything mainstream
How many leaders you said you needed then left Ďem for dead?
Is it Moses, is it Huey Newton or Detroit Red?
Is it Martin Luther, JFK, shooter you assassin
Is it Jackie, is it Jesse, oh I know, itís King T'Challa, oh!

When ish hit the fan, is you still a fan?

Online MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #2784 on: September 13, 2017, 07:03:02 pm »
Wasn't that Venomverse done by an aspiring Nigerian fantasy writer? I figured the character and story was a wish fulfillment for herself.

Kinda like me daydreaming about becoming black panther. Tchalla would either have to die or I beat him in combat. lol

Yes

Maybe Sal has more nigerian insight?

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2785 on: September 13, 2017, 07:44:02 pm »

In a heartbeat

I agree completely
Pull List

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #2786 on: September 13, 2017, 08:27:00 pm »
MARVEL COMICS SOLICITATIONS FOR OCTOBER 2017

MARVELíS BLACK PANTHER PRELUDE #1 (of 2)
WILL CORONA PILGRIM (W)
ANNAPAOLA MARTELLO (A)
Wakanda. The most technologically advanced nation in the world Ė and protected by the mighty BLACK PANTHER! Learn how TíCHALLA became the legendary hero of Wakanda in this ALL-NEW, NEVER-BEFORE-TOLD tale set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe! See how the mantle was passed to the future king, in a time when super heroes were just emerging in the larger world, before this winterís BLACK PANTHER film hits theaters!
32 PGS./Rated T Ö$3.99

MARVEL COMICS SOLICITATIONS FOR NOVEMBER 2017

MARVELíS BLACK PANTHER PRELUDE #2 (of 2)
WILL CORONA PILGRIM (W)
ANNAPAOLA MARTELLO (A)
WAKANDAíS PROTECTOR BECOMES A HERO!
ē You know the BLACK PANTHER from Marvelís Captain America: Civil War, but youíve never seen him on a solo mission as deadly as this!
ē And in order to defeat the merciless mercenaries ZANDA and DOUGLAS SCOTT, heíll need to sink his claws in deeper than ever before!
ē The conclusion to this ALL-NEW story set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe is a must-read before this winterís Marvelís Black Panther hits theaters!
32 PGS./Rated T Ö$3.99
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 08:36:39 pm by Ture »

Offline CvilleWakandan

• View Profile
« Reply #2787 on: September 13, 2017, 08:36:06 pm »
Ha Ha Ha. Douglas Scott is not a cool mercenary name. Could you imagine when they introduce themselves during a villain meeting.

I'm Zanda and this is my partner Douglas. lol

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #2788 on: September 13, 2017, 08:42:24 pm »
Ha Ha Ha. Douglas Scott is not a cool mercenary name. Could you imagine when they introduce themselves during a villain meeting.

I'm Zanda and this is my partner Douglas. lol

I know, right. I wished they would have used new screen shots from the upcoming movie but as a teaser I guess this will do.

Online Beware Of Geek

• View Profile
« Reply #2789 on: September 14, 2017, 02:42:12 am »
"Douglas Scott" is the real name of the second supervillain to use the name Razor-Fist.