Author Topic: Termination and Liberation for the Damisa-Sarki Coate's Black Panther Finale  (Read 898467 times)

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
There are three other gems; BP might still have one, but like you said... That's his month.  With all the other promotion going on...

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
  • When ish hit the fan...
    • View Profile
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/11/29/axel-alonso-like-tweets-critical-cebulski/

Axel Alonso Spending His Days Liking Tweets Critical Of C.B. Cebulski And Sana Amanat
Just in case you thought Axel Alonso‘s departure from Marvel was a 100% peaceful transition, you might want to take a look at the “Likes” page of Alonso’s Twitter account. The former Marvel Editor-in-Chief has been liking tweets critical of the new and current Marvel Editor-in-Chief, C.B. Cebulski, as well as former colleague, Marvel Director of Content and Character Development Sana Amanat.

*snickers*

marvel did a great job vetting their choice though! in the era of appropriation, their big boss faked being japanese to write comics lol. nice work marvel

one of these days disney is gonna check their ledger at the very bottom and go "whoooooooooooa what the hell is this "Marvel Comics" doing so far in the red?" and go in and burn it down. with fire.

just in case you thought Marvel comcis really gives a sh*t about BP

- Carol can't hold a solo, never really has. every team book she gets on fails. her first event (cwII) made the general comic population hate her, her movie is still over a year away, she isn't in Infinity War (she will be in avengers 4), and I think ive seen like 2 toys of her at Target ever. I've never seen captainmarvel trending anywhere, ever. her biggest claim to fame is giving Rogue her cool powers and being raped.

give her an infinity stone and start promoting the next event with her!

wait is there someting else happpening in february... something on the big screen maybe... hmmmm its on the tip of my tongue........

(star lord has multiple failed comic runs as well and GoG is barely hanging on but at least his big screen character is wildly popuar)

It shows that regardless of if it's Axel or this japanese white guy, aint sh*t change. 

Same sh*t different toilet.

Or same toilet different sh*t ???

But the sh*t is still sh*t?

I'll stop  :-\
How many leaders you said you needed then left ‘em for dead?
Is it Moses, is it Huey Newton or Detroit Red?
Is it Martin Luther, JFK, shooter you assassin
Is it Jackie, is it Jesse, oh I know, it’s King T'Challa, oh!

When ish hit the fan, is you still a fan?

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

- Carol can't hold a solo, never really has. every team book she gets on fails. her first event (cwII) made the general comic population hate her, her movie is still over a year away, she isn't in Infinity War (she will be in avengers 4), and I think ive seen like 2 toys of her at Target ever. I've never seen captainmarvel trending anywhere, ever. her biggest claim to fame is giving Rogue her cool powers and being raped.

wait is there someting else happpening in february... something on the big screen maybe... hmmmm its on the tip of my tongue........

(star lord has multiple failed comic runs as well and GoG is barely hanging on but at least his big screen character is wildly popuar)

Yea it makes no sense. You got BP movie coming up. His trailer was the 4th Most watched only beat out by sequels. He was trending.  He is unique being the first Black super hero, he is front and center in infinity war. He can actually hold a solo unlike Carol.. Carol has crappy personality. She was made to be unlikable in this big push,
and she had no hype going for her right now. I would love it if comics side took their head out of the sand and gave a proper push with a noteworthy writer

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

Out of the 3 only starlord really should be there they've been sitting in this plot up over in the guardian of the galaxy book for a while.. It would be better if they would used Mantis Gamora or Drax but white is right.. Logan is is there because they think and hope his return will boo sales which is a random ass choice to say the least.. Methany because Marvel refuses to stop pushing this character regardless quality or sales or wat have u body shot if you didn't end up saving the day in this.. more reason why I want BP and any other characters I like far far away from her they will only be used to make her look good with little to no benefit for themselves..
Pull List

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/11/29/axel-alonso-like-tweets-critical-cebulski/

Axel Alonso Spending His Days Liking Tweets Critical Of C.B. Cebulski And Sana Amanat
Just in case you thought Axel Alonso‘s departure from Marvel was a 100% peaceful transition, you might want to take a look at the “Likes” page of Alonso’s Twitter account. The former Marvel Editor-in-Chief has been liking tweets critical of the new and current Marvel Editor-in-Chief, C.B. Cebulski, as well as former colleague, Marvel Director of Content and Character Development Sana Amanat.

*snickers*

Lol, I'm hoping C.B. get fired over this controversy & they end of giving job to a a non-coon poc..
Pull List

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
nvm
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 01:35:31 pm by MindofShadow »

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Disney is doing Tchalla and Dora look a like auditions at Disneyland Anaheim. Details are for Sunday 3PM

https://disneyauditions.com/audition-calendar/
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
I challenge anyone to say the Black Panther isn't an A level character... especially now. Truth be told the Black Panther was always an A List character, he was just treated as a C Lister.

Like Superman is arguably the first and most iconic white superhero, the Black Panther is arguably the first and most iconic black superhero. Each championing the zeitgeist of their respective epoch. The differences for the Black Panther being those of cultural familiarity, marketing and promotion, stereotyping and racism delaying his inevitable ascent.

Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Things Fall Apart

• View Profile
Based on how Disney/Marvel is pushing BP there is no doubt he's A-List.

I just watched "Elders React to the Avengers: Infinity War trailer" on YouTube.  Old ass white grandmothers were name checking Black Panther on a list of characters they can identify.

Old. Ass. White. Grandmas.

Black Panther is Disney's new Iron Man.  Count on it.

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
I haven't read the whole thing, but this person has MoS abilities.

https://klawsofwakanda.tumblr.com/post/168291650351/the-wakandan-atlantian-war-a-retrospective-view
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

https://klawsofwakanda.tumblr.com/post/168291650351/the-wakandan-atlantian-war-a-retrospective-view

Great writer up & remind me why JH BP was way more hit than miss for me..
Pull List

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog

He used to post here: The Wakandan

he posts (used to post?) on CBR as TheRealDeal I think

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

he seems to post on the Shuri thread. But he doesn't post in BP. Not sure why

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

he seems to post on the Shuri thread. But he doesn't post in BP. Not sure why

Moderate Coates apologist.  But could go 12 rounds with Mr. Majestic for title of biggest Shuri fan. 

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Based on how Disney/Marvel is pushing BP there is no doubt he's A-List.

I just watched "Elders React to the Avengers: Infinity War trailer" on YouTube.  Old ass white grandmothers were name checking Black Panther on a list of characters they can identify.

Old. Ass. White. Grandmas.

Black Panther is Disney's new Iron Man.  Count on it.

That's honestly how I gauge if a character is A-List.  I approach old white ladies (carefully, and in broad daylight) and i ask them if they know who so n so is.  If they do, I feel like there's nothing else that needs to be said.