Author Topic: Cosmic Revelations and Enslavement for the Damisa-Sarki Coate's Black Panther  (Read 574424 times)

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
  • When ish hit the fan...
    • View Profile
Marvel couldn't even make it so the Rise of the Black Panther book, which is essentially a trade that says, "hey movie fans, we are also writing a T'challa that just got the crown! come see!! Winter Soldier is here!!!! and Klaw!!" will be out in time for the movie.

By the time the movie is out, it will only be issue 3 lol.

So we won't even see the physical trade until... July? By then we will be on Ant-Man and Wasp movie.

Dudes can't even manage sh*t THAT SIMPLE...

Rise probably should've been the first BP book after Secret Wars.  Really it should've been "Black Panther" with "Rile of the Black Panther" being the first 6 issue arc, akin to "Who is the Black Panther".
How many leaders you said you needed then left ‘em for dead?
Is it Moses, is it Huey Newton or Detroit Red?
Is it Martin Luther, JFK, shooter you assassin
Is it Jackie, is it Jesse, oh I know, it’s King T'Challa, oh!

When ish hit the fan, is you still a fan?

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
As far as I'm concerned, the comics can go hang.  The entire industry is fundamentally broken, and has been for a long time.

Finally!  :)

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Again BP is a character that the comics should of fully revamped into the MCU image, that is the one people want to see. Not the few Coates apologists who are desperately trying to cling to his BS garbage and trying to throw his name around as some great influence for the movie when they are not even in the same galaxy. People will watch the movie, read the tnc comic and go "WTF I'd this sh*t?"

Offline Beware Of Geek

• View Profile
I can fix the entire run with two words. :D

(Because I've nothing better to do at the moment)

"End Simulation".

T'Challa sat pensively as the images dissolved around him, leaving behind the walls of the Holography Lab at the Wakandan School for Alternative Studies. 

"You see, big brother, how much you need me?"  teased Shuri from the control room.

T'Challa smiled slightly at his young sibling's retort.  "I must admit, little sister, that your simulation of what would happen if you had not survived the Thanos incursions was quite convincing.  The Dora Milaje have cosidered you their patron since you were a child, and the thought that radical elements might lead a revolt is plausible, if troubling."

"Face it, my king.  They like me better than they like you." Shuri grinned, stepping into the empty chamber.

"Using our mother's old teacher was particularly inspired.  But I was somewhat confused by your resurrection.  Where did that come from?"

Shuri frowned.  "I am not sure...  As near as I can figure, the data I entered to emulate your ability to commune with the Kings Of The Dead via the Panther Pavilion was somehow corrupted with a fan story involving the American novel DUNE.  I suspect our cousin Kwezi has been hiding his fan fiction on our servers again."

"That would explain the outfit."  T'challa smirked.  "We should have him speak with Queen Asura.  Perhaps she can relieve him of his flamboyant fashion sense.  It worked with her consort, N'Kano, after all."

Shuri nodded, seeing the humor in the situation.  "Quite fitting, brother.  I will still have to purge the servers, however.  The last thing we would want is for someone to think this had actually happened…"

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
I can fix the entire run with two words. :D

"End Simulation".

T'Challa sat pensively as the images dissolved around him, leaving behind the walls of the Holography Lab at the Wakandan School for Alternative Studies. 

"You see, big brother, how much you need me?"  teased Shuri from the control room.

T'Challa smiled slightly at his young sibling's retort.  "I must admit, little sister, that your simulation of what would happen if you had not survived the Thanos incursions was quite convincing.  The Dora Milaje have cosidered you their patron since you were a child, and the thought that radical elements might lead a revolt is plausible, if troubling."

"Face it, my king.  They like me better than they like you." Shuri grinned, stepping into the empty chamber.

"Using our mother's old teacher was particularly inspired.  But I was somewhat confused by your resurrection.  Where did that come from?"

Shuri frowned.  "I am not sure...  As near as I can figure, the data I entered to emulate your ability to commune with the Kings Of The Dead via the Panther Pavilion was somehow corrupted with a fan story involving the American novel DUNE.  I suspect our cousin Kwezi has been hiding his fan fiction on our servers again."

"That would explain the outfit."  T'challa smirked.  "We should have him speak with Queen Asura.  Perhaps she can relieve him of his flamboyant fashion sense.  It worked with her consort, N'Kano, after all."

Shuri nodded, seeing the humor in the situation.  "Quite fitting, brother.  I will still have to purge the servers, however.  The last thing we would want is for someone to think this had actually happened…"

Oh man I would pay top dollar to see that happen lol. Are you sure you and MM haven't been talking in secret about that next level undoing of Coates garbage?
Because that was epically awesome lol and the petty was great  ;D

Offline Beware Of Geek

• View Profile
*bows* . I gave the run all the respect it earned. :D

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile

"End Simulation".

Entertaining...

...but too Star Trekian.  ;)

Offline Beware Of Geek

• View Profile

Entertaining...

Starfleet stole the idea from Wakanda.  That's why it malfunctioned so often... it was a poor copy. :D

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile

Entertaining...

Starfleet stole the idea from Wakanda.  That's why it malfunctioned so often... it was a poor copy. :D

:)

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
*bows* . I gave the run all the respect it earned. :D

And this is why I love the HEF. Folks being real and not performing Olympic gold medalist record breaking mental gymnastics. Folks keep it real because they want and expect the best of the character

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
If you click on the main page, Hudlin is signing copies of his collected editions if you donate.
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Marvel couldn't even make it so the Rise of the Black Panther book, which is essentially a trade that says, "hey movie fans, we are also writing a T'challa that just got the crown! come see!! Winter Soldier is here!!!! and Klaw!!" will be out in time for the movie.

So we won't even see the physical trade until... July? By then we will be on Ant-Man and Wasp movie.

Rise probably should've been the first BP book after Secret Wars.  Really it should've been "Black Panther" with "Rile of the Black Panther" being the first 6 issue arc, akin to "Who is the Black Panther".

I most definitely agree.. but other than RH (who may have been to been busy at the time) & maybe Pak & maybe maybe maybe Ewing I struggle to think there's who would have been a good fit for that book b4 Evan git the job..
Pull List

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
What avenger book?

I think he took over Uncanny Avengers once Secret Empire started

can't rmember, i quit reading the Avengers books once i caught wind of the "every week thing"... figure id wait and see if its any good first before making that sort of investment lol

Your correct he's was doing Uncanny & is taking Champs after crossover/when Waid leaves..

Ohhh, he's this guy

He's a competent writer.  The godzilla arc thing wasn't bad and neither was the graviton battle.  He also gives his characters fairly appropriate voices.  So if we're putting Black Panther back on an Avengers team, I'd certainly take this guy over Ewing.  There will actually be action and sh*t here.

Doubly that if he's channeling Hudlin and Priest's runs.

Yep yep that's him, I don't know if I trust to write BP as of yet.. I want to see how he handles Miles 1st..

His DocV is leaps & bounds above Duggan Doc V but that mostly Duggan version was just writing as semi competent background noise at best aka black window dressing who didn't have anything close to the character arc.. While Zub version only got something resembling an arc to more so benefit Wanda than himself ..
Pull List

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
  • When ish hit the fan...
    • View Profile

I most definitely agree.. but other than RH (who may have been to been busy at the time) & maybe Pak & maybe maybe maybe Ewing I struggle to think there's who would have been a good fit for that book b4 Evan git the job..

Great point.  With what you presented, I suppose Pak would've been the best readily available option.  Though at that point, i'm not sure i'd even have him do a Rise/origin revamp then lol... since SW #9 already gave us the opening for a soft reboot of the franchise.  Rise/origin at this point is because TNC messed up the soft reboot opportunity.

Damn this franchise is a convoluted mess  :-\
How many leaders you said you needed then left ‘em for dead?
Is it Moses, is it Huey Newton or Detroit Red?
Is it Martin Luther, JFK, shooter you assassin
Is it Jackie, is it Jesse, oh I know, it’s King T'Challa, oh!

When ish hit the fan, is you still a fan?