Author Topic: Cosmic Revelations and Enslavement for the Damisa-Sarki Coate's Black Panther  (Read 521434 times)

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
! No longer available

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD9WCpNFpnY&list=PLB833073B659FD65A&index=1

Offline Booshman

• View Profile
Dang it Mind! You beat me to the punch AGAIN! I just ran into that this morning.

It's finally official with the fanbase though. What we all knew for years.

Black Panther > Batman.

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
  • When ish hit the fan...
    • View Profile
! No longer available

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD9WCpNFpnY&list=PLB833073B659FD65A&index=1

I was disgusted and appalled by the animation selection.  Lazy and uninspired, and animal cruelty.

I still pressed the like button on the video though.  Because f*ck Batman
How many leaders you said you needed then left em for dead?
Is it Moses, is it Huey Newton or Detroit Red?
Is it Martin Luther, JFK, shooter you assassin
Is it Jackie, is it Jesse, oh I know, its King T'Challa, oh!

When ish hit the fan, is you still a fan?

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
History Lesson - Black Panther's Royal Family Tree

courtesy of CBR's KingNomarch
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Couple if months old. A look at one of the aspects of Flags of our Fathers.

https://interminablerambling.wordpress.com/2017/08/10/7296/
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
The top 100 comic books for January may have leaked, and so comparing the rankings to the official December sales that actually have the units sold next to them, you can kinda get an early idea of what the official January sales may be.

For example, BP Rise #1 ranked  #35 in the January 2018 top 100.  In December 2017, Wonder Woman was #35 and sold 37.6k

TNC's BP didn't make the top 100.  In December 2017, GotG was #100 and it sold 21.2k

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
The top 100 comic books for January may have leaked, and so comparing the rankings to the official December sales that actually have the units sold next to them, you can kinda get an early idea of what the official January sales may be.

For example, BP Rise #1 ranked  #35 in the January 2018 top 100.  In December 2017, Wonder Woman was #35 and sold 37.6k

TNC's BP didn't make the top 100.  In December 2017, GotG was #100 and it sold 21.2k

Not the best news for rise. It means casuals didn't care much... if we are lucky the hardcore fan base can keep it over 25 for 6 issues. I have my doubts

Coatesverse is dying...

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
So I had to log on to Marvel Future Fight for the first time in at least 180 days (according the rewards I got) to buy BP expensive ass uniform for Bast sake.

looks like all crystal stuff skyrocketed. Money grabs all over the place.

Luckily i had a ton left over from when I quit.

Might as well use the 6 star selector on Shuri and buy the shuri uniform (MCU, f that griot ugly thang) out of principle too.

Especially sicne i'll probaby just close it after and never play again until BP2

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

Not the best news for rise. It means casuals didn't care much... if we are lucky the hardcore fan base can keep it over 25 for 6 issues. I have my doubts

Coatesverse is dying...

It pretty much took yall constantly praising it for me to give it an honest chance; and even then the best i could call it was a 'cool wikipedia story'.  As long as TNC's name gets first billing on it, it was going to be seen as just another "the crew" or "wow".  Which means LCS weren't going to order it in bulk and ppl weren't going to be pressed to pick it up, much less demand it.

It's a shame b/c issue 2 showed us that Evans might be the real deal but i think we all knew it was kinda f*cked from jump

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

Coatesverse is dying...

It's because the Damn fool's at marvel think that Coates name holds some type of draw. Instead of focusing on Evans and doing some hype and variants they thought putting Coates name first will drive sales when it's probably having the opposite effect

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
Imagine if Rise was the first side book released instead of the 4th.

why would any retailer or fans believe in another black panther spin off after dealing with WoW, Crew, and Long Live?

And the book is gonna be missed by any potential MCU convert. I think BP could be one of the few movies to get a few people to cross over because so many black folk barely knew the character existed.

But Coates #1 aint gonna do it... imagine instead of it was Rise #1 or #2 and the Trade was at Barnes and Noble?

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
you know I was thinking about this panel after N'yami died...

Could it be a way to low key awknowledge the existence of Jakkara?

We have no idea who Jakarra's mom is. Some random side chick in between Ramonda fits

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Imagine if Rise was the first side book released instead of the 4th.

why would any retailer or fans believe in another black panther spin off after dealing with WoW, Crew, and Long Live?

And the book is gonna be missed by any potential MCU convert. I think BP could be one of the few movies to get a few people to cross over because so many black folk barely knew the character existed.

But Coates #1 aint gonna do it... imagine instead of it was Rise #1 or #2 and the Trade was at Barnes and Noble?

Wow #1 was 57k.. I bet ride, considering how decent it's at for a 4th spin off, could of likely opened at 65-70k easily. Evan's should of been greenlit before gay for sure. And long live.... The minute I Saw that writer hardcore job Tchalla and make an outsider queen an BP, I knew she would pull the same isht in a spin off

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
It's infuriating to think that WoW #1 was 57k.  What a f*cking waste of publicity

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
sh*t art and even shiitier writer.