Author Topic: Termination and Liberation for the Damisa-Sarki Coate's Black Panther Finale  (Read 754347 times)

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Finished the first six issues. Definitely would have liked the Kemet visuals in this current BP story. It even kinda lines up with it because Konshu(sp) is part of Basts' Marvel pantheon and he says he is trapped battling an enemy too. Normally I don't go for mental issue comics, but after Legion(FX), Im more open to it.

did you ever read Spurrier's X-men Legacy run (it was about Legion)?

I read a few Xmen Legacy issues. I remember where it proved once again how much of an a-hole Xavier was for keeping Rouge from using her powers properly. I don't remember seeing Legion in the issues I read.

When spurruer took over, it was a legion solo called legacy

If you have any interest in legion i highly recommend it

Tru probably the best Legion Story Ever Told
Pull List

Online CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
There is no Blue Marvel thread that I saw. Kevin Grevioux is scheduled to be at BlerdCon in late July this year.

Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Online CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Looks like Coates is going to give the Cap fans what they want. Totally different point of view from when he took on BP. Talks about Cap for first few minutes.

https://www.theatlantic.com/podcasts/the-atlantic-interview/?utm_source=FB_ATL_AB_TNCpodcast_03

Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline mrkareemruiz

• View Profile
Looks like Coates is going to give the Cap fans what they want. Totally different point of view from when he took on BP. Talks about Cap for first few minutes.

https://www.theatlantic.com/podcasts/the-atlantic-interview/?utm_source=FB_ATL_AB_TNCpodcast_03

Coates has to do that or they would remove him. That's how racism works. They have the power to make him do anything.

Online CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Solicits for June. Those of us who knew Coates was no good for an empire story would seem to be proven correct. lol

WAKANDA FOREVER: AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #1
Nnedi Okorafor (W) • ALBERTO JIMÉNEZ ALBURQUERQUE (A)
Cover by Terry Dodson
CONNECTING VARIANT COVER BY TBA (1 OF 3)
PART ONE OF A THREE-PART STORY THAT SEES THE DORA MILAJE TEAM UP WITH THE MARVEL U!
The blockbuster Black Panther film has everyone talking about Wakanda’s best warriors, the fierce Dora Milaje! Now witness the Dora outside of Wakanda – and in Spider-Man’s world! When the Dora catch wind of a Wakandan threat causing trouble in New York, they’ll leap into action – with or without their king. Don’t miss Okoye, Ayo and Aneka on a globe-trotting mission to protect the realm at any cost. WAKANDA FOREVER starts here!
40 PGS./ one-shot /Rated T …$4.99

RISE OF THE BLACK PANTHER #6 (of 6)
TA-NEHISI COATES & EVAN NARCISSE (W) • JAVIER PINA (A)
Cover by BRIAN STELFREEZE
VARIANT COVER BY ARTHUR ADAMS
Game Variant Also Available
THE RISE OF KILLMONGER!
SECRET ORIGIN OF THE BLACK PANTHER Part 6
• Loyalty. Patriotism. Sacrifice. Bound by love of his country, Killmonger moves to make the world fear the newly revealed nation of Wakanda.
• T’Challa faces the darkest moment yet of his young kinghood!
• And in the aftermath, the Black Panther must decide his role in a world full of super heroes!
32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

BLACK PANTHER #2
TA-NEHISI COATES (W) • DANIEL ACUNA (A/C)
Variant Cover by RUSSELL DAUTERMAN
MANY THOUSANDS GONE PART 2 FROM TA-NEHISI COATES & DANIEL ACUNA!
T’Challa is a stranger in a strange land. With no memory of his past, there is only the suffering of the present – in the Vibranium mines of an unfamiliar empire. But all hope is not lost. A rebellion is growing--and they have a plan. But who will lead these lost citizens? Where is the Black Panther?
Reggie Hudlin-

Offline BlackClaw

• Yes my teeth and ambitions are bared! Be prepared!
    • View Profile
Chokes hasn’t lost his toxic touch one bit I see. Oh well, at least I still have the last issue of Rise to enjoy.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
T'Challa with amnesia could actually be an interesting story, but I'd rather see something else write it.

Online CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
T'Challa with amnesia could actually be an interesting story, but I'd rather see something else write it.

The amnesia angel is fine. Its the suffering and rebellion part that is telling. I knew Coates' version of a space empire would involve some sort of oppression. Tchalla is probably forced to be a slave in the vibranium mines. lol
Reggie Hudlin-

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

The amnesia angel is fine. Its the suffering and rebellion part that is telling. I knew Coates' version of a space empire would involve some sort of oppression. Tchalla is probably forced to be a slave in the vibranium mines. lol

That was my interpretation too

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Solicits for June. Those of us who knew Coates was no good for an empire story would seem to be proven correct. lol

Cover by Terry Dodson
PART ONE OF A THREE-PART STORY THAT SEES THE DORA MILAJE TEAM UP WITH THE MARVEL U!
The blockbuster Black Panther film has everyone talking about Wakanda’s best warriors, the fierce Dora Milaje! Now witness the Dora outside of Wakanda – and in Spider-Man’s world! When the Dora catch wind of a Wakandan threat causing trouble in New York, they’ll leap into action – with or without their king. Don’t miss Okoye, Ayo and Aneka on a globe-trotting mission to protect the realm at any cost. WAKANDA FOREVER starts here!

THE RISE OF KILLMONGER!
• Loyalty. Patriotism. Sacrifice. Bound by love of his country, Killmonger moves to make the world fear the newly revealed nation of Wakanda.
• And in the aftermath, the Black Panther must decide his role in a world full of super heroes!
32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

BLACK PANTHER #2
T’Challa is a stranger in a strange land. With no memory of his past, there is only the suffering of the present – in the Vibranium mines of an unfamiliar empire. But all hope is not lost. A rebellion is growing--and they have a plan. But who will lead these lost citizens? Where is the Black Panther?

I mean.. geez there are 3 different BP related titles going soon and only one is good. The Wakanda forever one just took the cool Victory/battle cry and Attached it to a Very likely sh*tty comic. Get Ready for no one man part twas for Coates.. figured as much. Sounds like a slave angle for sure. First rape and misogyny and contrived genders inequality in Wakanda, then Colombus in Black face, now Tchalla is likely s slave in the mines... And another rebellion? come on one just ended a season ago.
What did he have planned for S4? Actually, k don't want to know

Online CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
The crazy thing is you dont even need a multiversal Wakandan Space Empire to tell this story. If it goes the way it is looking. Tchalla could have just as easily been on a space survey and fell into a wormhole like Planet Hulk.

The only reason to go with a WK Empire that has nothing to do with the 616 is for agenda pushing. I reference a post Ezyo made earlier talking about two ways to write a comic.

Its the people on Facebook I feel sorry for. lol.

So many in the BP groups were looking forward to the continuation of the end of Secret Wars.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 05:25:01 pm by CvilleWakandan »
Reggie Hudlin-

Online CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Looks like a group is planning a WakandaCon in Chicago this summer. Not dates have been finalized yet.
Reggie Hudlin-

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

Cover by Terry Dodson

THE RISE OF KILLMONGER!
32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

BLACK PANTHER #2

I mean.. geez there are 3 different BP related titles going soon and only one is good. The Wakanda forever one just took the cool Victory/battle cry and Attached it to a Very likely sh*tty comic. Get Ready for no one man part twas for Coates.. figured as much. Sounds like a slave angle for sure. First rape and misogyny and contrived genders inequality in Wakanda, then Colombus in Black face, now Tchalla is likely s slave in the mines... And another rebellion? come on one just ended a season ago.
What did he have planned for S4? Actually, k don't want to know

ad but true I'm only shocked I'm a little bit disappointed that they took the slogan and attached it to that instead of something just only black panther wakanda related at least for the first go-around..
Pull List

Online CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Is this legit?

Reggie Hudlin-

Online CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Not BP related, but someone might be interested in being a Lion Forge associate creative director.

https://brennanhrgroup.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a25uqtk14hxq
Reggie Hudlin-