Author Topic: Cosmic Revelations and Enslavement for the Damisa-Sarki Coate's Black Panther#1  (Read 350690 times)

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
With the art and solicits, why are people still praising it as Wakanda going to the stars????I

I'm thinking these reviewers have never read a BP comic. They're just hanger-ons to Coates. The bait and switch campaign is real. Lol.
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Online Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
All the stars are closer, all the stars are closer, all the stars are closer...

Black Panther (2018-) #1
For years, T'Challa has fought off invaders from his homeland, protecting Wakanda from everything from meddling governments to long-lost gods. Now, he will discover that Wakanda is much bigger than he ever dreamed…Across the vast Multiverse lies an empire founded in T'Challa's name.

Black Panther (2018-) #2
MANY THOUSANDS GONE PART 2 FROM TA-NEHISI COATES & DANIEL ACUNA! T’Challa is a stranger in a strange land. With no memory of his past, there is only the suffering of the present – in the Vibranium mines of an unfamiliar empire. But all hope is not lost. A rebellion is growing--and they have a plan. But who will lead these lost citizens? Where is the Black Panther?

Black Panther (2018-) #3
The rebels make their move! On the verge of liberating the Nameless, T’Challa, M’Baku and Nakia hunt for mysterious artifact that promises to turn the tide. What is the M’Kraan Shard? And will T’Challa find its acquisition worth the cost?

Tell me what you gon' do to me
Confrontation ain't nothin' new to me
You can bring a bullet, bring a sword
Bring a morgue, but you can't bring the truth to me
f*ck you and all your expectations
I don't even want your congratulations
I recognize your false confidence and calculated promises all in your conversation
I hate people that feel entitled
Look at me crazy 'cause I ain't invite you
Oh, you important?
You the moral to the story, you endorsing?
Motherf*cker, I don't even like you
Corrupt a man's heart with a gift
That's how you find out who you dealin' with
A small percentage, who I'm building with
I want the credit if I'm losing or I'm winning
On my momma that's the realest sh*t

Who Kendrick sound like he talking to? 
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 09:46:58 pm by Ture »
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA

Black Panther (2018-) #1
For years, T'Challa has fought off invaders from his homeland, protecting Wakanda from everything from meddling governments to long-lost gods. Now, he will discover that Wakanda is much bigger than he ever dreamed…Across the vast Multiverse lies an empire founded in T'Challa's name.

Black Panther (2018-) #2
MANY THOUSANDS GONE PART 2 FROM TA-NEHISI COATES & DANIEL ACUNA! T’Challa is a stranger in a strange land. With no memory of his past, there is only the suffering of the present – in the Vibranium mines of an unfamiliar empire. But all hope is not lost. A rebellion is growing--and they have a plan. But who will lead these lost citizens? Where is the Black Panther?

Black Panther (2018-) #3
The rebels make their move! On the verge of liberating the Nameless, T’Challa, M’Baku and Nakia hunt for mysterious artifact that promises to turn the tide. What is the M’Kraan Shard? And will T’Challa find its acquisition worth the cost?

Tell me what you gon' do to me
Confrontation ain't nothin' new to me
You can bring a bullet, bring a sword
Bring a morgue, but you can't bring the truth to me
f*ck you and all your expectations
I don't even want your congratulations
I recognize your false confidence and calculated promises all in your conversation
I hate people that feel entitled
Look at me crazy 'cause I ain't invite you
Oh, you important?
You the moral to the story, you endorsing?
Motherf*cker, I don't even like you
Corrupt a man's heart with a gift
That's how you find out who you dealin' with
A small percentage, who I'm building with
I want the credit if I'm losing or I'm winning
On my momma that's the realest sh*t

Who Kendrick sound like he talking to? 

He's talking to Koon-yay West, Trump and Turd Narrator Chokes
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA

And. The premise of this story is also incredibly and comprehensively stupid in every way. The very PREMISE demolishes so much of the Panther mythos that it's...repulsively typical of Turd Narrator Chokes. This guy has ZERO new ideas, ZERO direction, and is ALWAYS demolishing and downgrading T'Challa and Wakanda. This story is so pathetic that it's...just...

...Koonyay aka Kanye West would do better with T'Challa than TNC is doing. That's how bad he is.

he's even running out of ideas and ways to castrate T'Challa and Wakanda further! It's amnesiac T'Challa in evil Space Doppleganger Wakanda. Which is named after and built after TCHALLA. Ohhhh do we not see some tremendously tired, overwhelmingly pathetic symbolism etc here?

This garbage? Is essentially the porting into space of Rape Camp Wakanda...just now it's Space Slave Camp Wakanda.

ohhhhhGAAAWWWWD I wish an ACTUAL WRITER was on this series. Hudlin. Narcisse. Ture. Priest. [ Well...maybe rethink the Priest thing, even though he WOULD kill it ]. SOMEbody.

Even me.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 09:24:15 pm by supreme illuminati »
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Online Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
"This never gets old."

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
That just became my phone's wallpaper.

Online Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
That just became my phone's wallpaper.

I know, right. All the stars...

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Probably my absolute favorite black panther artwork ever, especially good when tying it with all the stars by Kendrick Lamar

Offline APEXABYSS

• View Profile
the vid (KL & SZA) takes me back to "Cosmic Storm" (before wwo) & to a student piece (i did) from 96.

yep, I digging.... be better not bitter. just take out the little "I" & add a little "e"! nice BP art! all the stars are closer!

Online Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group

Offline Beware Of Geek

• View Profile
Twelve variant covers.  Six at cover price.

Gee, you think maybe they are concerned that they might not get enough of a bounce with the new #1? ;)

(Personally, I'm glad they relaunched.  History has shown that while there's always an immediate bounce in sales, the new volume usually loses readers in the long run).

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
With as much advertising as they have been putting into other Marvel books for this, I would expect at least 60,000 units shipped including over ships.

My LCS had a ton of Venom #1s( it was worth it. lol)
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Online Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
The Enslavement of the Damisa-Sarki is Real!

It looks like Coateverse BP will get all the trimmings when he goes cosmic next week. I wouldn't mind if if this number one sold as much as Coates' debut issue, I liked seeing Black Panther at the top of the charts. The premise is still problematic to me but I will wait until I read the comic book next week to give any opinion. Come what may we should have much to discuss.

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Is this fan art or variant cover?
Reggie Hudlin-

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Twelve variant covers.  Six at cover price.

Gee, you think maybe they are concerned that they might not get enough of a bounce with the new #1? ;)

(Personally, I'm glad they relaunched.  History has shown that while there's always an immediate bounce in sales, the new volume usually loses readers in the long run).

Not going to lie. With the overwhelming success and positive vibes from the movie, this is hard to see and a bit tired of the stereotypical portrayals of Black men