Author Topic: Cosmic Revelations and Enslavement for the Damisa-Sarki Coate's Black Panther  (Read 432918 times)

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
Hudlins' Flags of our Fathers made Barnes and Nobles best TPB of 2018 list.

But. They won't put Hudlin back on the flagship BP book. That's not stupid at all. Wait..!!!

At this point Iíd rather have a fresh writer who hasnít been the main writer before

because...
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
In fairness, Coates maybe aware of the criticisms lobbed at him and is making an earnest effort at addressing some of these concerns. We are asked to "hang tight" for answers as this journey unfolds but the flaw none the less remains in Coates exposition of the Black Panther and Wakanda. Coates possess the ability to write a culturally engaging narrative, he has the intellectual acumen to detail and enrich said narrative but what he lacks is the all essential rectitude to properly execute such.

Thus far his imagination is not in the musings of Afro Futurism, despite his delivering a perfunctory lesson in Afrakan history by affectatiously name dropping Mackandal, Goree and Maroon in a science fiction setting. Instead Coates is deeply entrenched in the oppression and victimization of so caller Black people and the all too important mandate of misplaced inclusion and forced diversity. Marvel comics were already diverse and the Black Panther represented a unique area of said diversity.

I will continue to read this story to see how it evolves and concludes. As previously evidenced in his series, Coates refuses to ground both T'Challa and Wakanda in anything intuitively found in the continuity of the world of the Black Panther that is positive and empowering of the man and his nation.

This "season" of the Black Panther could have easily been the telling of how T'Challa infiltrates a new galactic consortium bent on weaponizing a newly discovered star system with planetoids made of vibranium. He is discovered and uses his genius intellect, stealth abilities, hyper senses, martial art skills and advanced Wakandan personal technology of his own design, as well as his changing environment to escape. With his pursuers hot on his trail, T'Challa leads them straight to the Wakandan Deep Space Armada. So begins the Wakandan galactic war and the birth of the Wakandan Galatic Empire.

You have just detailed above precisely why I stopped buying Turd Narrator Chokes back in Season 1. He is exactly the wrong person to be writing T'Challa.

Narcisse wrote circles around TNC with Narcisse's version of T'Challa, Wakanda and The Royals.

Jason Aaron has barely shown T'Challa in his work, but he's already stomped TNC into oblivion with JUST ONE DISCUSSION BETWEEN ODIN AND T'CHALLA. That's totally inexcusable. But that's also how completely garbage TNC is for T'Challa.

Hudlin. I don't even gotta say more.

Walker [ who imo would do a great job with T'Challa and the support he'd get from Avengers 4, and the subsequent BLACK PANTHER movies #2 and #3 ]

You, Ture.

Narcisse.

Our other HEF OG's like He Who Wrote A Series For Marvel aka Redjack.

And your very own Supreme Illuminati.

We should be the leading candidates to stomp the living daylights out of TNC and write T'Challa correctly. I know that I would look at literally everything written recently about T'Challa and find a single narrative that makes sense of it all...AND shows T'Challa to be even doper than we ever thought, before.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Booshman

• View Profile
So what's the current state of T'challa in the books? Is Coates still on it and crapping the bed? Has he been guest starring in any other books, under the pen of someone marginally competent when it comes to fiction, since the movie?

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
So what's the current state of T'challa in the books? Is Coates still on it and crapping the bed? Has he been guest starring in any other books, under the pen of someone marginally competent when it comes to fiction, since the movie?

Ride ended unfortunately so there is still Jason Aaron's avengers book, Coates relaunch was carried heavily by the art (which was stellar) and basically turned intergalactic Wakanda into a European slave trade allegory, Using actual names of places and groups associated with it. So I'm not convinced this will be any different from S1&2

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

Ride ended unfortunately so there is still Jason Aaron's avengers book, Coates relaunch was carried heavily by the art (which was stellar) and basically turned intergalactic Wakanda into a European slave trade allegory, Using actual names of places and groups associated with it. So I'm not convinced this will be any different from S1&2

It's Turd Narrator Chokes. Of course he's gonna crap the bed, Booshman. That's what he does. He made that clear 3 issues into his Season 1.

How much more clear does this have to get? When real Black people have T'Challa? We get BLACK PANTHER THE MOVIE, THE PROTOCOLS, RISE OF THE BLACK PANTHER, EXPLANATIONS.

When others like TNC have him? Well. They get outwritten by the same guy that broke up T'Challa and Ororo. The same guy who...a year or so before...turned in one of the better scripts on T'Challa [ SEE WAKANDA AND DIE ] even while shortchanging T'Challa so badly that he admits that he thought that neither T'Challa nor Wakanda could actually beat The Skrulls.

But The Fantastic Four could. No hyperadvanced nation with nigh limitless resources, a nigh unstoppable extraterrestial metal and humanity's oldest pantheon of gods at their back [ like Wakanda has ] needed for this F4. Just cosmic radiation and a 4 on their chests, thanks.

Which tells us all we need to know about Jason Aaron.
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
I guess it depends on the context in which he said it. JA can write a great panther when he wants to. SWaD and original sin showcased that. Can you clarify what you explain the FF thing in how they could beat the skrulls? Before Hickmans tro I would say maybe in a straight up fight skrulls had the advantage (due to tech and being more advanced then humans) so I a straight slugfest it wouldn't be in Wakandas best interest to go hit for hit. BUT, like earth in general , Tchalla and Wakanda would even the odds fast and put them on an even playing field.  Now, after Wakanda repelled Thanos forces 3 times in straight up combat JA can't do that anymore. But I feel now he has a little more respect for T'Challa and Wakanda as a whole now

Offline Genki Sudo

• I'm a villain
    • View Profile
Hudlins' Flags of our Fathers made Barnes and Nobles best TPB of 2018 list.

But. They won't put Hudlin back on the flagship BP book. That's not stupid at all. Wait..!!!

At this point Iíd rather have a fresh writer who hasnít been the main writer before

because...

Something new, I like Hudlinís fun but dude is busy with Hollywood and Milestone( I guess ) and be been over Coates for a long time. Thereís many a writer both name and unknown name that could be waiting for a shot.

Iíd rather see a Brandon Thomas or Brandon Easton then anyone whoís already had their time with BP come back

Offline panther0123

• View Profile
Unfortunately I have ingrained in my brain tnc this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Y_JNBy38yI&list=PLkSLLlfo01ld1eMMeACwQhQIsVYukJnXm

This is why Hudlin is THE G.O.A.T.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Unfortunately I have ingrained in my brain tnc this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Y_JNBy38yI&list=PLkSLLlfo01ld1eMMeACwQhQIsVYukJnXm

This is why Hudlin is THE G.O.A.T.

Perfect summation
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline Booshman

• View Profile
Ugh, so more of the same Coates bullcrap? Well at least most people know of the movie Panther, instead of the lame comic version.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
I guess it depends on the context in which he said it. JA can write a great panther when he wants to. SWaD and original sin showcased that. Can you clarify what you explain the FF thing in how they could beat the skrulls? Before Hickmans tro I would say maybe in a straight up fight skrulls had the advantage (due to tech and being more advanced then humans) so I a straight slugfest it wouldn't be in Wakandas best interest to go hit for hit. BUT, like earth in general , Tchalla and Wakanda would even the odds fast and put them on an even playing field.  Now, after Wakanda repelled Thanos forces 3 times in straight up combat JA can't do that anymore. But I feel now he has a little more respect for T'Challa and Wakanda as a whole now

These are all good points...so I will explain more what I mean a bit later when I have the time. However. I do not at all yield the tech advantage overall to The Skrulls. I think that The Skrulls have much more advanced tech AS A EMPIRE than Earth has AS A PLANET. But I don't yield the tech advantage to The Skrulls OVER WAKANDA. Or even specifically REED RICHARDS.

Remember the whole SECRET INVASION thing? They used REED RICHARDS' GENIUS AND TECH TO OVERWHELM EARTH'S DETECTION TECH AND THE POWERS OF EACH OF EARTH'S SUPERHEROES...BUT WAKANDA STILL SNIFFED THEM OUT. Jason Aaron had T'Challa explain that The Panther God saw each of the SOULS of the shapeshifting Skrulls.  So even with Reed level tech...literally...the Skrulls couldn't get passed Wakanda's detection ability.

But remember something else: from the very beginning, Wakanda's tech was known by Reed to be equal to and in various areas superior to his own. And. T'Challa has been known to use misdirection on bad guys. And. It was T'Challa who warned of the follies of THE ILLUMINATI [ only to be ignored by the rest of THE ILLUMINATI, which resulted in the ILLUMINATI being captured and their combined powers and abilities and likenesses unleashed AGAINST the unsuspecting Earth. Also remember; Wakanda as a NATION managed to ENTIRELY EVADE DETECTION BY REED RICHARDS MOST ADVANCED TECH DURING ITS ENTIRE EXISTENCE, UNTIL T'CHALLA OR KING T'CHAKA ANNOUNCED WAKANDA'S PRESENCE TO THE WORLD. That right there shows that Wakanda out techs Reed...and we have in SECRET INVASION and the other Skrull-F4 storylines that Reed out techs The Skrulls. Wakanda>Reed Richards> Skrulls.

But Jason said he doesn't think that Wakanda could straight out tech The Skrulls. Yes, Wakanda can and should be able to do exactly that. After all, Wakanda had to have outmanuevered The Kree too...way back before and during the earliest of The Inhumans days.
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Wakanda repelled Thanos forces 3 times in straight up combat JA can't do that anymore. But I feel now he has a little more respect for T'Challa and Wakanda as a whole now[/b]

Remember the whole SECRET INVASION thing? They used REED RICHARDS' GENIUS AND TECH TO OVERWHELM EARTH'S DETECTION TECH AND THE POWERS OF EACH OF EARTH'S SUPERHEROES...BUT WAKANDA STILL SNIFFED THEM OUT. Jason Aaron had T'Challa explain that The Panther God saw each of the SOULS of the shapeshifting Skrulls.  So even with Reed level tech...literally...the Skrulls couldn't get passed Wakanda's detection ability.

But Jason said he doesn't think that Wakanda could straight out tech The Skrulls. Yes, Wakanda can and should be able to do exactly that. After all, Wakanda had to have outmanuevered The Kree too...way back before and during the earliest of The Inhumans days.

Umm,. Bast reading the souls is not Wakandan tech.  By having to use magic, a literal Deus ex machina;  the Skrulls did beat Wakanda tech, they just forgot about Bast.  And given that the Skrulls had tech that challenged Asgard, and magic to challenge Avalon, the Skrulls just overlooked Bast.

And Wakandan tech did not deal with the Kree during the time of the Inhumans.  Wakanda has only been undefeated for ten thousand years. The Kree left the Inhumans over 100,000 years ago.  (BTW, if you say that the Wakandan nation is older than 10K yrs old, then you are saying the were conquered before that 10K mark.)

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
I do remember reading a Comic about the skrulls taking clones of Reed to figure out how to get through Earth's defense system by essentially having the clone recreate it so they could bypass.

I would still say Wakanda (and Earths super geniuses) are still behind the rest of the advanced universe still, but it's their tenacity that Makes them so dangerous and able to overcome the difference in tech. I would say 99 percent of the time in movies, tv, comics, video games etc. Humans are always sporting inferior tech to alien races. And what's always the case for why they win in the end is due to tenacity and a strong drive to survive. Even in Hickmans tro I would still say the black order had Superior tech to Wakanda, but Wakanda has a fiercer warrior spirit. Same case goes for SWaD

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Wakanda repelled Thanos forces 3 times in straight up combat JA can't do that anymore. But I feel now he has a little more respect for T'Challa and Wakanda as a whole now[/b]

Umm,. Bast reading the souls is not Wakandan tech.  By having to use magic, a literal Deus ex machina;  the Skrulls did beat Wakanda tech, they just forgot about Bast.  And given that the Skrulls had tech that challenged Asgard, and magic to challenge Avalon, the Skrulls just overlooked Bast.

And Wakandan tech did not deal with the Kree during the time of the Inhumans.  Wakanda has only been undefeated for ten thousand years. The Kree left the Inhumans over 100,000 years ago.  (BTW, if you say that the Wakandan nation is older than 10K yrs old, then you are saying the were conquered before that 10K mark.)

Unfortunately like too many things Black Panther, a unique power/skill set that should be attributed to T'Challa is handed off to a supporting character. Gillis, Priest and Hudlin all depicted T'Challa's connection and relationship with the Panther spirit Bast. It would be a no-brainer for Aaron (or more importantly editorial) to solidify this bond and have T'Challa, the Black Panther posses a spirit vision allowing him to view the souls of others. This would segue well with Hickman's King of the Dead and Coates' soul stalking abilities.
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
I do remember reading a Comic about the skrulls taking clones of Reed to figure out how to get through Earth's defense system by essentially having the clone recreate it so they could bypass.

I would still say Wakanda (and Earths super geniuses) are still behind the rest of the advanced universe still, but it's their tenacity that Makes them so dangerous and able to overcome the difference in tech. I would say 99 percent of the time in movies, tv, comics, video games etc. Humans are always sporting inferior tech to alien races. And what's always the case for why they win in the end is due to tenacity and a strong drive to survive. Even in Hickmans tro I would still say the black order had Superior tech to Wakanda, but Wakanda has a fiercer warrior spirit. Same case goes for SWaD

What will be interesting is how Coates will explain all this...

Wakanda having deep space flight capabilities some two thousand years ago; an empire spanning five galaxies... There are sooo many ways this could implode. One, this could be an alternate reality. Two, once again a great feat is taken from T'Challa the Black Panther who could have been credited with leading Wakanda's galactic exploration and space technology. Three, this millennia old, galaxy spanning, star system conquering empire is to be undone by one man? A man, who for all purposes should choose to govern such an empire and give it a true vision and purpose.  T'Challa the Black Panther of Earth 616 leader and king of the terrestrial nation of Wakanda and Emperor of the Celestial Empire of Wakanda. Do you know what kind of stories could be told? If Coates truly wants to atone for his past grievances then he would do just that.
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more