Author Topic: Cosmic Revelations and Enslavement for the Damisa-Sarki Coate's Black Panther  (Read 458151 times)

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Love Acuna's art, but can't afford to get caught up in Coates' madness!

Peace,

Mont

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA

Peace,

Mont

SEEN!!
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
I think Aaron just made Bashenga immortal. Which is a concept I've been playing with lol.

Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

Peace,

Mont

It's OK, but i'm not actually a fan, so this isn't helping "sell" it to me.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
I think Aaron just made Bashenga immortal. Which is a concept I've been playing with lol.

Where do you get immortal from that? He called him mortal? Also, how do you know he's Bashenga?  Something hit me recently, because of the reborn universe, all ancient history of Marvel has been called into question.  It might explain why Odin speaks as if he was there, since previous storylines said that Asgard goes through Ragnarok and rebirth and the last time it happened was about 2000 years ago, so that Odin would be a different incarnation than this Odin.  BUT because of the rebirth, it can be the same Odin.

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
The character is using Bashenga's backstory of finding vibranium. That was 10,000 years ago. Can't guarantee it's him, but that a big recon if it's not him. It's big even if it is him. LOL. Considering WK entire civilization is based around that moment in time. Adding 990,000 years to that is a big change.
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline CKW

• View Profile
    • blackpantherfanstories.wordpress.com
Is it possible that Marvel is  rebooting its universe  on the down-low with this story?

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
I think JA is doing his own thing by Marvel's request to be honest

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Coates far reaching idea of the Galactic Empire of Wakanda continues to trod the path he laid depicting Wakanda and its people being the evil doers, the same as seasons one and two. Coates insistence on making Wakandans slavers and its king feeble proceeds unabated. Coates had it easy. The trek through the stars was already mapped out for him. If I recall correctly Coates mentioned he read and appreciated Hickmans run.

Exhibit A

Whole lot of story potential there but let us proceed to what I think is the most profound depiction and most writer friendly segue for any Wakandan deep space stories.

Exhibit B

A more exotic form of Wakandan space travel...

Exhibit C

It ain't rocket science. Exhibits A,B,C all present Wakanda and the Black Panther looking empowered and prepared for a future that lies in the stars. What is Coates presenting and more importantly why?

In Other News...

The feral, half naked, draped in animal skins look is played. This aesthetic is far more appropriate.

One of the few things Coates got right... or was that Stelfreeze?
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline panther0123

• View Profile
Brother Ture,
This is a Woke vision of Wakanda. Not that RAPIST TNC. Even if you glance at the the pages of this book. The first thing you are going to process is this the ocular stimuli. Not the VOMIT within the pages.

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Hudlins' Flags of our Fathers made Barnes and Nobles best TPB of 2018 list.
I am just finding this out. 

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Brother Ture,
This is a Woke vision of Wakanda. Not that RAPIST TNC. Even if you glance at the the pages of this book. The first thing you are going to process is this the ocular stimuli. Not the VOMIT within the pages.

You're right, Brother panther, in the fact that anything with TNC's writing in it about BP is automatically irreversibly compromised in quality and everything else. I read that he's writing the screen play on Coogler's film about a Afrikan American teacher altering test grades in Atlanta. This movie stars Michael B. Jordan. This movie, therefore, will be the only Coogler-Jordan collaboration that I will wait for the consensus of our Woke brethren before considering watching.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
I've been skimming some of what you all are saying about Coates's new Black Panther stories. I've read the first two issues and I agree with a lot of what has been said here. The artwork is great, I like a lot of the Afrofuturistic designs for stuff.

But I don't like the idea of T'Challa as a slave, one of the most appealing aspects about T'Challa and the Wakandans are they weren't enslaved or colonized (which is just another form of slavery anyway) so we could imagine what that would be like. I liked the concept of an intergalactic Wakandan Empire, and I was hoping Coates would have turned a corner, but he just can't it seems.

It seems to me the man is contending with a deep-seated warped view of black people, and particularly black males, and it distorts his imagination. He can't conceive of blacks (especially black men) being anything but slaves, defeated, in the wrong in some way. Is he trying to let his white buddies off the hook in some way? Is he trying to tell some kind of deeper lesson or make his books more 'safer' to white readers by portraying blacks as colonizers and enslavers, to get whites to ultimately reckon with their own history?

I do like the art, I like the use of the names of characters from Black Panther's comics, and black history, but it's confusing. I guess this T'Challa is the Earth-616 T'Challa, but there were times when I was scratching my head if that was the case. If Coates hadn't added the dreams/thoughts of Storm in there I would think this is not our T'Challa but that there has been some kind of parallel development among the stars, like destiny created a T'Challa for this space Wakanda. I have no clue where Coates is going with this or why he's doing it. I was stoked by the idea of a Wakandan space empire, but now, not so much.

Admittedly I do like the Venom-Emperor though. And I do think the new Black Panther #1 got off to a better start than Coates's first BP #1.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
I've been skimming some of what you all are saying about Coates's new Black Panther stories. I've read the first two issues and I agree with a lot of what has been said here. The artwork is great, I like a lot of the Afrofuturistic designs for stuff.

But I don't like the idea of T'Challa as a slave, one of the most appealing aspects about T'Challa and the Wakandans are they weren't enslaved or colonized (which is just another form of slavery anyway) so we could imagine what that would be like. I liked the concept of an intergalactic Wakandan Empire, and I was hoping Coates would have turned a corner, but he just can't it seems.

It seems to me the man is contending with a deep-seated warped view of black people, and particularly black males, and it distorts his imagination. He can't conceive of blacks (especially black men) being anything but slaves, defeated, in the wrong in some way. Is he trying to let his white buddies off the hook in some way? Is he trying to tell some kind of deeper lesson or make his books more 'safer' to white readers by portraying blacks as colonizers and enslavers, to get whites to ultimately reckon with their own history?

I do like the art, I like the use of the names of characters from Black Panther's comics, and black history, but it's confusing. I guess this T'Challa is the Earth-616 T'Challa, but there were times when I was scratching my head if that was the case. If Coates hadn't added the dreams/thoughts of Storm in there I would think this is not our T'Challa but that there has been some kind of parallel development among the stars, like destiny created a T'Challa for this space Wakanda. I have no clue where Coates is going with this or why he's doing it. I was stoked by the idea of a Wakandan space empire, but now, not so much.

Admittedly I do like the Venom-Emperor though. And I do think the new Black Panther #1 got off to a better start than Coates's first BP #1.

Every word above in this post is on point...and you are far more forgiving of Coates than am I, Brother Emperorjones.

Especially since I was the first to specifically state that Wakanda has a Space Empire and gave it a name. I was hoping so hard that somebody other than Coates...Redjack, Priest, Ture, Evans Narcisse, me, especially RH, but Lawd please ANYBODY BUT COATES...would build upon my idea in the actual pages of BP itself.

But...proving that God got jokes...it was Coates.

And Coates? Just slapped Afrikan names on a Star Wars+slavery apology rip off. Given that his CAPTAIN AMERICA #1 is a trillion times better...but still just "aight"...then literally everything COMBINED that he has EVER wrote about T'Challa? Coates has zero excuses for the relentless fecal matter he is dropping on BP right now. Coates is in essence a pseudo-Afrikan Celebrity House Negro.
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile

Especially since I was the first to specifically state that Wakanda has a Space Empire and gave it a name.

Yep!