Author Topic: Cosmic Revelations and Enslavement for the Damisa-Sarki Coate's Black Panther  (Read 472762 times)

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
Re: Cosmic Revelations and Enslavement for the Damisa-Sarki Coate's Black Panther
« Reply #4425 on: December 15, 2018, 04:02:17 pm »
I remember an article saying the EIC was going over the first story with Coates after he wrote the first draft. So I think Marvel takes a larger interest in his writing for Cap than they do BP.

I'm not surprised that editorial is more involved with Coates's on Captain America. Despite Coates himself proving that Black Panther can be a big comics seller, and the Black Panther movie showed he's a billion dollar character, they still are okay with him being treated less than, like so many other black characters.

Not only do I concur with the points of our brothers above, I want to emphasize that EIC wants to make sure that Captain America is being treated as MORE THAN MOST WHITE CHARACTERS AND ALL AFRIKAN CHARACTERS. This added dimension explains more of the latent blatant ongoing racism+favoritism, Cap's perpetual and unique position in the MU, aaand it almost certainly reflects what EIC expects of MCU Cap in the forthcoming AVENGERS: ENDGAME [ plus the financial windfall they can reap therefrom ].

After AVENGERS: ENDGAME? They should definitely bring Waid or Ewing or Millar back to Cap. Or put Aaron on Cap. Or a combo of the above artists with the ULTIMATES artists...down to the letterer, reunite them all... who teamed with MILLAR on ULTIMATES and in CIVIL WAR.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Cosmic Revelations and Enslavement for the Damisa-Sarki Coate's Black Panther
« Reply #4426 on: December 16, 2018, 07:36:54 am »
That's write Priest did write those this year. Priest has proven that he can leave the game and come back and still knock it out the park.

As for BP comics wise, yes Marvel should get a point man (Redjack) and an editor that will let him push the envelope like he has been allowed to do in the cartoon. That's how you treat your billion dollar IP

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #4427 on: December 16, 2018, 10:27:37 am »
I forgot Priest wrote Justice League and Batman vs Deathstroke this year. Gotta add him.

To me? Priest is the Writer of the Year. His Deathstroke was and is jaw dropping. I mean...tremendous work. Dense writing. Sharp wit. Incredible characterization, and a very novel look at Deathstroke. I am really impressed with the depths, nuance, direction, pacing, plotting, etc of Priest for Deathstroke. I like the Hmong take on Rose. Priest is...being Priest. Meaning: amazing.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Online CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4428 on: December 19, 2018, 10:27:12 am »
https://www.marvel.com/articles/comics/roz-solomon-makes-her-debut-as-an-agent-of-wakanda-in-thor-9?linkId=61299864

To keep up with everything for main story MU BP/Wakanda, read Avengers and Thor. Pretty much anything Aaron is writing will probably have a WK element.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 10:29:05 am by CvilleWakandan »
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4429 on: December 19, 2018, 11:16:21 am »
How much of Thor are we takljin here?

Online CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4430 on: December 19, 2018, 03:20:48 pm »

The girl in the pics above is from the Thor book. So how Agents of WK will probably have a small part in that book. I expect it all to converge at War of Realms
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4431 on: December 20, 2018, 04:25:12 am »
Okay.

The tech looks cool, though I'm not a fan of the agents of Wakanda not having very many actual Wakandans on it. Seems like a missed opportunity.

On other news I read BP vs DP. That was solid fun. I like where it's going. Hopefully the landing sticks. Kilmonger was also solid. The more I read, the more I want this to become an ongoing, the arts great the characterization is on point, same with dialogue. This needs to keep going because it's so good and Erik needs to be revamped as the amazing villain he is

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #4432 on: January 11, 2019, 11:34:17 pm »
Black Panther, lost in space continues his trek to to find his way home while battling the evil galactic empire. The story continues.

courtesy of CBR's Rumble

Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4433 on: January 12, 2019, 01:39:42 pm »

The girl in the pics above is from the Thor book. So how Agents of WK will probably have a small part in that book. I expect it all to converge at War of Realms

T'Challa in Avengers #12 making moves like the MU's big boss! Love that Okoye is directing the Agents of Wakanda!

Aaron BP > Coates BP

My Two Cents!

Peace,

Mont

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4434 on: January 12, 2019, 10:05:23 pm »
That's write Priest did write those this year. Priest has proven that he can leave the game and come back and still knock it out the park.

As for BP comics wise, yes Marvel should get a point man (Redjack) and an editor that will let him push the envelope like he has been allowed to do in the cartoon. That's how you treat your billion dollar IP

I like what Redjack has done with the Panthers Quest Avengers cartoon but to be Frank, having seen some of his posts over on CBR using the term "Hotep" in a derogatory manner as well as stating that he doesn't have a problem with what Coates has forced into the BP mythos, I no longer have confidence that he's the right fit for a BP solo book.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #4435 on: January 13, 2019, 01:45:55 pm »

I like what Redjack has done with the Panthers Quest Avengers cartoon but to be Frank, having seen some of his posts over on CBR using the term "Hotep" in a derogatory manner as well as stating that he doesn't have a problem with what Coates has forced into the BP mythos, I no longer have confidence that he's the right fit for a BP solo book.

Interesting observation Salustrade. When I read that over at CBR, I too was taken back.

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4436 on: January 13, 2019, 07:39:16 pm »

Interesting observation Salustrade. When I read that over at CBR, I too was taken back.

My  brother Ture, at this point I'm just tired.

I respect Geoffrey Thorne but find his held position quite baffling.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #4437 on: January 14, 2019, 04:12:06 am »

My  brother Ture, at this point I'm just tired.

I respect Geoffrey Thorne but find his held position quite baffling.

I feel you Sal. The flagrant abandon used by so many to desecrate a sacred term such as Hetep descends from ignorantly following the trend coupled with an often irreconcilable disparity concerning the defining of Afrakan (so called black) successes and the acceptance of their validity. Imagine the outrage if such recklessness was applied to Salaam or Shalom.

With regards to your fatigue regarding our favorite character... ours is a daunting task that never the less helps maintain the integrity and idealism of the Black Panther. Without the fans and enthusiasts such as yourself (and those here at the HEF and over at CBR) that have stayed the course and demanded that the Black Panther be represented in a manner consistent with his origin and reason for being we would have a British accented sanitation worker finding a panther necklace in the trash.

We will stay the course Salustrade. 2018 gave as a great film and a great cartoon. We will continue to demand excellence; critique and evaluate all mediums; condemn and expose any nonsense and look forward to a promising future. We will get a great Black Panther comic book again. Nuff said.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4438 on: January 14, 2019, 06:33:28 pm »

I hear ya, but honestly, actions speak louder then words and his actions leave me to believe if he were to pen the comics he would do an excellent job.

My thoughts are simple on the matter. Despite what Priest said or how he thinks, he produced THE definitive BP run. Which paved way for Hudlin to come out with the most controversial Black Panther run to date (in a good way)

I know I will never ever assume a writer I like will agree with everything I think. But personally, given further prompting from him, I can see what he means and on some extent I agree, not entirely but I get what he was getting at

Online CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4439 on: January 16, 2019, 08:53:13 pm »
Well that was another waste of an issue. No plot, no movement, just filler
Reggie Hudlin-