Author Topic: Termination and Liberation for the Damisa-Sarki Coate's Black Panther Finale  (Read 757614 times)

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: Cosmic Revelations and Enslavement for the Damisa-Sarki Coate's Black Panther
« Reply #4440 on: January 16, 2019, 09:26:01 pm »
Coates' purpose must be an attempt to retard all the forward momentum generated by the movie and cartoon. Needless to say he is failing. His unoriginal story registers as a pedantic expositions on empires and rebellions. Coates even falls flat on the poorly executed analogous intrigues of Afrakan enslavement and captivity.
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Online CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Cosmic Revelations and Enslavement for the Damisa-Sarki Coate's Black Panther
« Reply #4441 on: January 16, 2019, 09:42:10 pm »
Part of it is there is nothing to sink your teeth into. The only "Oh Sh**" moment has been Killmonger and Bast and in typical Coates fashion he disappoints in the following issue. He is just a boring writer who can come up with interesting issue endings once in a while.I

Shuri isn't doing much better.
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #4442 on: January 20, 2019, 11:26:22 am »
Part of it is there is nothing to sink your teeth into. The only "Oh Sh**" moment has been Killmonger and Bast and in typical Coates fashion he disappoints in the following issue. He is just a boring writer who can come up with interesting issue endings once in a while.I

decent ideas, horrible execution.

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4443 on: January 20, 2019, 02:04:45 pm »
That's write Priest did write those this year. Priest has proven that he can leave the game and come back and still knock it out the park.

As for BP comics wise, yes Marvel should get a point man (Redjack) and an editor that will let him push the envelope like he has been allowed to do in the cartoon. That's how you treat your billion dollar IP

I like what Redjack has done with the Panthers Quest Avengers cartoon but to be Frank, having seen some of his posts over on CBR using the term "Hotep" in a derogatory manner as well as stating that he doesn't have a problem with what Coates has forced into the BP mythos, I no longer have confidence that he's the right fit for a BP solo book.

Interesting observation Salustrade. When I read that over at CBR, I too was taken back.

My  brother Ture, at this point I'm just tired.

I respect Geoffrey Thorne but find his held position quite baffling.

I feel you Sal. The flagrant abandon used by so many to desecrate a sacred term such as Hetep descends from ignorantly following the trend coupled with an often irreconcilable disparity concerning the defining of Afrakan (so called black) successes and the acceptance of their validity. Imagine the outrage if such recklessness was applied to Salaam or Shalom.

With regards to your fatigue regarding our favorite character... ours is a daunting task that never the less helps maintain the integrity and idealism of the Black Panther. Without the fans and enthusiasts such as yourself (and those here at the HEF and over at CBR) that have stayed the course and demanded that the Black Panther be represented in a manner consistent with his origin and reason for being we would have a British accented sanitation worker finding a panther necklace in the trash.

We will stay the course Salustrade. 2018 gave as a great film and a great cartoon. We will continue to demand excellence; critique and evaluate all mediums; condemn and expose any nonsense and look forward to a promising future. We will get a great Black Panther comic book again. Nuff said.

Well said brother Ture! I too share Sal's fatigue with BP's representation in his own title. With a groundbreaking, extremely profitable major motion picture and important representation throughout the MCU, you might think T'Challa/BP would garner more respect in his own book. Fortunately, for now, appearance in books like Avengers and BP vs Deadpool give us alternatives to Coatesvision that resemble the BP we'd expect.  Perhaps as Ture suggests, our voices have something to do with this?

Peace,

Mont

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4444 on: January 20, 2019, 08:12:40 pm »

It doesn't help that nearly all his plot points need to be wrapped up in 4 issues which is going to lead to a very rushed ending.

We have gone 8 issues and we know practically the same as we did in Issue 3. It's been a reoccurring statement that Coates story could be told in 6 issues given the content he has actually produced which moved the plot. The rest had been recycling filler action scenes while giving nothing in return. It's better than watching T'Challa be overshadowed by the supporting cast, but now it's tiresome.

The energy darts were the highlight of the issue. I think that could be consolidated into his standard gear. Tiny darts have a sleep component to then, and tye larger darts induced the powerful shock, the lethal setting, and the exploding dagger component.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #4445 on: January 20, 2019, 10:07:29 pm »
That's write Priest did write those this year. Priest has proven that he can leave the game and come back and still knock it out the park.

As for BP comics wise, yes Marvel should get a point man (Redjack) and an editor that will let him push the envelope like he has been allowed to do in the cartoon. That's how you treat your billion dollar IP

I like what Redjack has done with the Panthers Quest Avengers cartoon but to be Frank, having seen some of his posts over on CBR using the term "Hotep" in a derogatory manner as well as stating that he doesn't have a problem with what Coates has forced into the BP mythos, I no longer have confidence that he's the right fit for a BP solo book.

Interesting observation Salustrade. When I read that over at CBR, I too was taken back.

My  brother Ture, at this point I'm just tired.

I respect Geoffrey Thorne but find his held position quite baffling.

I feel you Sal. The flagrant abandon used by so many to desecrate a sacred term such as Hetep descends from ignorantly following the trend coupled with an often irreconcilable disparity concerning the defining of Afrakan (so called black) successes and the acceptance of their validity. Imagine the outrage if such recklessness was applied to Salaam or Shalom.

With regards to your fatigue regarding our favorite character... ours is a daunting task that never the less helps maintain the integrity and idealism of the Black Panther. Without the fans and enthusiasts such as yourself (and those here at the HEF and over at CBR) that have stayed the course and demanded that the Black Panther be represented in a manner consistent with his origin and reason for being we would have a British accented sanitation worker finding a panther necklace in the trash.

We will stay the course Salustrade. 2018 gave as a great film and a great cartoon. We will continue to demand excellence; critique and evaluate all mediums; condemn and expose any nonsense and look forward to a promising future. We will get a great Black Panther comic book again. Nuff said.

Well said brother Ture! I too share Sal's fatigue with BP's representation in his own title. With a groundbreaking, extremely profitable major motion picture and important representation throughout the MCU, you might think T'Challa/BP would garner more respect in his own book. Fortunately, for now, appearance in books like Avengers and BP vs Deadpool give us alternatives to Coatesvision that resemble the BP we'd expect.  Perhaps as Ture suggests, our voices have something to do with this?

Peace,

Mont

Nuff said indeed brother Mont.

Online CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4446 on: January 22, 2019, 12:15:33 pm »
BLACK PANTHER #11

◾TA-NEHISI COATES (W) • KEV WALKER (A) • Cover by DANIEL ACUñA
◾ASGARDIAN VARIANT COVER BY RAHZZAH
◾“THE INTERGALACTIC EMPIRE OF WAKANDA: THE GATHERING OF MY NAME” PART 5
◾Just when all hope seems lost, an unexpected ally comes to T’Challa’s aid! And with their help, the rightful king of Wakanda will be restored — but it may come at the cost of everything the rebellion has fought for. What is left to salvage of the Black Panther’s name?
◾32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #4447 on: February 12, 2019, 05:24:48 pm »

I was born by the sacred mound in Wakanda
Oh and since Coates' writing I've been shaking ev'r since
It's been a long time, a long time coming
But I know a change gonna come, oh yes it will

Online CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4449 on: February 22, 2019, 04:39:20 am »
I'm going to wait for more information before casting judgment. I just hope she is putting a costume on like S'yan did in WiTBP.
Reggie Hudlin-

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #4450 on: February 22, 2019, 09:13:45 am »
This is as uninspiring as it gets.

Should have left well enough alone.

Hell, even he of whom we no longer speak got that much right.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4451 on: February 22, 2019, 09:56:38 am »

How do you mean??

Who're you referring to??

Online CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4452 on: February 22, 2019, 10:57:40 am »
The art is uninspiring.

I believe he is referring to Mayberry based on the picture. Bad plots, but good art.
Reggie Hudlin-

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4453 on: February 22, 2019, 12:00:27 pm »
The art is uninspiring.

I believe he is referring to Mayberry based on the picture. Bad plots, but good art.

Thanks for the reply!

maberry is still assigned to write Black Panther ?!

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #4454 on: February 22, 2019, 03:11:42 pm »

How do you mean??

Who're you referring to??

Hey Battle sorry I didn't respond sooner and a shout out to CvilleWakandan for answering correctly.