Author Topic: Cosmic Revelations and Enslavement for the Damisa-Sarki Coate's Black Panther  (Read 573015 times)

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
When O...WHEN will that fool TurnCoates be off BP?

No time soon.

Zenzi unleashes her deadly power in this Black Panther #11 exclusive
Oliver Sava

The current Black Panther title is a fascinating sci-fi remix of Wakandan concepts and characters, taking readers away from Earth as T’Challa finds himself in the middle of an intergalactic war with no memory of his past. He’s surrounded by new versions of significant figures from his past, and he’s getting closer to uncovering the mysteries of his new life as he gains greater power as a leader in an intergalactic slave revolt. After spending his first Black Panther defining the sociopolitical landscape of Wakanda, writer Ta-Nehisi Coates has taken to the stars to explore colonialism in a cosmic context.

The new status quo has drastically changed the tone of the book, which now features big spaceship battles in addition to fights between ground troops. It gives readers a very different flavor of Black Panther story, and the book’s art team accentuates that shift. Daniel Acuna set the stage for the series with his rich painted artwork in the first arc, and while Kev Walker has a very different style, the atmosphere and energy of his visuals vibe very well with Coates’ writing. Walker spent significant time in the Star Wars universe as the artist of Doctor Aphra, and he has a lot of comfort with the sci-fi genre, creating expansive alien locales populated by characters and creatures with bold designs and animated expressions.

This exclusive preview of next week’s Black Panther #11 reveals the frightening power of the cosmic version of the mind-manipulating Zenzi, who is a lot scarier now that she’s a reckless child. Walker, inker Marc Deering, and colorist Javi Tartaglia amplify the impact of Zenzi using her power by breaking visual boundaries. Zenzi’s head looms large above her victims while white facial markings appear, glowing in three layers of color make the image vibrate. Telepathy isn’t an especially active superpower, but the art team uses graphic elements give the moment more urgency and intensity.

https://aux.avclub.com/zenzi-unleashes-her-deadly-power-in-this-black-panther-1834173722
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
I thought T'Challa was supposed to be in War of the Realms--he was on a cover--but this outer space storyline isn't ending any time soon.

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
I thought T'Challa was supposed to be in War of the Realms--he was on a cover--but this outer space storyline isn't ending any time soon.

He is there. And War of the Realms is good reading. Coates will become a footnote as it doesn't seem to effect anything in the main 616.
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
So I was wondering, since I haven't read any of it; if this wasn't T'challa and Wakanda, would this be a good story?

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
So I was wondering, since I haven't read any of it; if this wasn't T'challa and Wakanda, would this be a good story?

I've been thinking about that since the first arc. If this were an independent book, would it be good? It would have the luxury of not ruining the BP mythos, so it could be treated as a stand alone story.

Good? I don't think so. Its not entertaining. I read some Image, Manga, and a few independents. While not all of those have been good to me, I think Coates lacks the ability to pull a reader in. Except for the last page on a few issues. But than the next issue usually disappoints in reference to the cliffhanger.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 06:53:26 am by CvilleWakandan »
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

Honestly? To start yes. The first 4 Issues (basically where we the readers and the character don't Know much at all) would be interesting. However, now? Nah it gets to repetitive very quickly. Too many characters getting introduced now that we are supposed to care about or be a big deal but they don't matter cone the end of the issue they debut.

It's quite baffling how an interesting concept like this is so boring

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

Honestly? To start yes. The first 4 Issues (basically where we the readers and the character don't Know much at all) would be interesting. However, now? Nah it gets to repetitive very quickly. Too many characters getting introduced now that we are supposed to care about or be a big deal but they don't matter cone the end of the issue they debut.

I read the first trade (library copy).  I did enjoy it, but I just don't see how it fits as a Black Panther title.  If this was Wakanda 10K years in the future, or an alternate reality, but it just doesn't fit the 616 universe.  But it is supposed to be happening in Marvel's current time period, right?  The fact that BP has been there for at least 8 years??? It just doesn't fit.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

I read the first trade (library copy).  I did enjoy it, but I just don't see how it fits as a Black Panther title.  If this was Wakanda 10K years in the future, or an alternate reality, but it just doesn't fit the 616 universe.  But it is supposed to be happening in Marvel's current time period, right?  The fact that BP has been there for at least 8 years??? It just doesn't fit.

The timeline is weird. Because the Shuri book is going on with it and tying into Coates story (Tchalla is missing) yet T'Challa is clearly leading the Avengers which seemingly is going on at the same time as well.

It's too convoluted right now. It should just be an else world story of a second ongoing, tied to the rest of 616 should get started up. Give Evans another shot at writing some BP.. his Numbers actually stabilized

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA

The timeline is weird. Because the Shuri book is going on with it and tying into Coates story (Tchalla is missing) yet T'Challa is clearly leading the Avengers which seemingly is going on at the same time as well.

It's too convoluted right now. It should just be an else world story of a second ongoing, tied to the rest of 616 should get started up. Give Evans another shot at writing some BP.. his Numbers actually stabilized

Listen to Ezyo...or the Assassins may come get you.

I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
The long winter err summer begins...

BLACK PANTHER #12
Releases May 29th, 2019 by Marvel Comics

THE “GATHERING OF MY NAME” REACHES A TURNING POINT!

The can’t-miss issue! Rising star Jen Bartel returns for the end of the second groundbreaking arc. Years ago, the Black Panther departed Earth for the stars — and discovered an empire bigger than he could have dreamed. Learn at last how the King of Wakanda found himself a slave in the Vibranium mines of a half-familiar world. T’Challa’s lost past is revealed here!

28 page Comic  ·  MAR190902  ·  75960608991801211  ·  $3.99

Shuri Steps Up as Black Panther Once Again

Riri Williams Meets Shuri When 'Ironheart' #9 Goes to Wakanda This August

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
At least maybe we'll get some answers to whether this is the far future, present, or Tchalla crossed into the multiverse.
Reggie Hudlin-

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Quote from: KingNomarch;4371133

BLACK PANTHER #15
TA-NEHISI COATES (W) • DANIEL ACUñA (A/C)
Bring on the Bad Guys Variant Cover by RYAN BENJAMIN
THE INTERGALACTIC EMPIRE OF WAKANDA – THE BLACK PANTHER RETURNS TO EARTH!
T’Challa secures a legendary victory against N’Jadaka and his Intergalactic Empire! At last, the king can return to his throne and the loved ones he left behind. But even at home, T’Challa isn’t free from the Empire’s long shadow…
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Is it really over? How will a decade and change being gone be resolved. Going to need to see more of those guys riding the rhinos. Based on the cover looks like Tchalla is returning to MCU Waknanda. Lol
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 11:09:17 am by CvilleWakandan »
Reggie Hudlin-

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA

BLACK PANTHER #15
T’Challa secures a legendary victory against N’Jadaka and his Intergalactic Empire! At last, the king can return to his throne and the loved ones he left behind. But even at home, T’Challa isn’t free from the Empire’s long shadow…
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Is it really over? How will a decade and change being gone be resolved. Going to need to see more of those guys riding the rhinos. Based on the cover looks like Tchalla is returning to MCU Waknanda. Lol

RYAN BENJAMIN just KIIILLLED this cover!

And while I would probably applaud pretty much any GOOD writers getting a crack at T'Challa in Wakanda...and especially GOOD BLACK WRITERS getting a crack at T'Challa of the MCU flava in Wakanda...the mere notion of TurnCoates writing MCU T'Challa absolutely fills me with prescient disappointment. TurnCoates...if given a fraction of a decimal of an opportunity...would absolutely screw up any and everything good done for T'Challa in the MCU, and permanently ensconce T'Challa as King of Suckaville [ until he found a way to depose T'Challa...who would be apologizing this whole time...and reinstall him as Administrator of Apolgoies and Chief Crap Licker of The Empire of Emasculated Bruthas. Then he'd find a way to endow some character we never heard of yet somehow everybody is supposed to know with all of T'Challa's vaunted abilities, this character will punk T'Challa, and then this character will go on to be...completely without use in the arc or the story; then this character will disappear into oblivion ].
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 06:59:21 pm by supreme illuminati »
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
This is Acuñas'cover.

Ryan is the variant Killmonger cover
Reggie Hudlin-

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
At least maybe we'll get some answers to whether this is the far future, present, or Tchalla crossed into the multiverse.

Whatever answers we get won't be satisfactory. Reason being that Coates has made an art out of minimalizing or just plain wholesale ignoring T'Challa. Who wants to read a Black Panther comic with a poor iteration of T'Challa or with some half ass legacy substitute.

BLACK PANTHER #15
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

I like the cover but over?!? Not so long as Coates is writing Black Panther.

Yea, what Supreme said.