Author Topic: Termination and Liberation for the Damisa-Sarki Coate's Black Panther Finale  (Read 724812 times)

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Cosmic Revelations and Enslavement for the Damisa-Sarki Coate's Black Panther
« Reply #4755 on: February 27, 2020, 08:46:55 am »
Black Panther | The Truth About The Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyBl5M02fX0

Blerd's video made The Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda sound readable. There were comic scenes I wasn't familiar with as well as the fact that Shuri designed the ship. I think there is some supposition infused in his commentary. Anyway Storm's book came out yesterday with no Black Panther to be seen anywhere. She didn't even give T'Challa a shout out. Storm's use of her power is being expanded upon however the same cannot be said of the absentee hero for whom the comic book is named. Life in the Coatesverse.

Shuri stuff is in her book. He makes it sound readable because he skips how boring it is to get there. And how much of a hit job he does to Tchalla. Same thing happened when Coates did YouTube videos explaining each issue. It sounded good, but actually reading it was different.
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group

This just about sums it up.
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Almost over brother! Wonder who will be next? Would love to see Narcisse at the helm, but that might be too much to hope for!?!

Peace,

Mont

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Almost over brother! Wonder who will be next? Would love to see Narcisse at the helm, but that might be too much to hope for!?!

Peace,

Mont

Geoff Thorne is the only viable option to be honest.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Very curious to see if BP goes on a mini hiatus until empyre is done, leading to the new writer and status quo

Offline marvell2100

• Wakandans United!
    • View Profile
Very curious to see if BP goes on a mini hiatus until empyre is done, leading to the new writer and status quo

Probably so. Wakanda is supposed to play a big role in this so the next writer will have to see what the status quo will be once Empyre is over.
Black Panther. Bane of the Unfans.

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog

maybe ayo, aneka, and chang can die defending waknda in empyire....

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Redjack would do well, if I recall correctly he was the driving force behind the animated Panther's Quest? We might even get to see Mosaic cameos.

Peace,

Mont

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

maybe ayo, aneka, and chang can die defending waknda in empyire....

That would be bold.. and I mean that in the best way

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group

courtesy of CBR's KingNomarch

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Ta-Nehisi Coates Exits Black Panther With 40-Page Final Issue
Ta-Nehisi Coates, Daniel Acuña and Brian Stelfreeze's time with Black Panther will come to an end with a 40-page final issue this June.
BY ADREON PATTERSON MAR 20, 2020

Black Panther writer Ta-Nehisi Coates and artists Daniel Acuña and Brian Stelfreeze will end their landmark run with issue #25.

In Coates' final issue, T'Challa has come full circle. He will return to Wakanda after traveling the galaxy and enduring many trials outside his homeland. Now, the superhero has come home to reclaim his rightful place as King of Wakanda.

Marvel Comics has issued no announcement about whether Coates' last issue will conclude the series or if a new creative team is coming on board.

BLACK PANTHER #25
TA-NEHISI COATES (W) • DANIEL ACUÑA & BRIAN STELFREEZE (A) • COVER BY DANIEL ACUÑA
FINAL ISSUE VARIANT COVER BY BRIAN STELFREEZE
VARIANT COVER BY SAM SPRATT
THE FINAL ISSUE OF TA-NEHISI COATES’ LANDMARK RUN!
It’s the end of an era for the Black Panther as renowned writer Ta-Nehisi Coates concludes his Wakandan epic! Over four years, Coates has taken the Black Panther to hell and back and expanded Wakanda into the distant stars. Now, in his final issue, he brings T’Challa full circle, back to the home he left behind…and the crown he has never fully accepted. This is the story of a king who sought to be a hero, a hero who was reduced to a slave, a slave who advanced into legend…and the man who has struggled to hold up an empire in his bare hands. The journey will conclude, but the legend remains. Don’t miss the close of a historic epoch in comic history! Coates, Acuña and Stelfreeze's Black Panther #25 goes on sale June 2020 from Marvel Comics.
40 PGS./Rated T …$4.99

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
Ta-Nehisi Coates, Daniel Acuña and Brian Stelfreeze's time with Black Panther will come to an end with a 40-page final issue this June.

Black Panther writer Ta-Nehisi Coates and artists Daniel Acuña and Brian Stelfreeze will end their landmark run with issue #25.

In Coates' final issue, T'Challa has come full circle. He will return to Wakanda after traveling the galaxy and enduring many trials outside his homeland. Now, the superhero has come home to reclaim his rightful place as King of Wakanda.

Marvel Comics has issued no announcement about whether Coates' last issue will conclude the series or if a new creative team is coming on board.

BLACK PANTHER #25
TA-NEHISI COATES (W) • DANIEL ACUÑA & BRIAN STELFREEZE (A) • COVER BY DANIEL ACUÑA
It’s the end of an era for the Black Panther as renowned writer Ta-Nehisi Coates concludes his Wakandan epic! Over four years, Coates has taken the Black Panther to hell and back and expanded Wakanda into the distant stars. Now, in his final issue, he brings T’Challa full circle, back to the home he left behind…and the crown he has never fully accepted. This is the story of a king who sought to be a hero, a hero who was reduced to a slave, a slave who advanced into legend…and the man who has struggled to hold up an empire in his bare hands. The journey will conclude, but the legend remains. Don’t miss the close of a historic epoch in comic history! Coates, Acuña and Stelfreeze's Black Panther #25 goes on sale June 2020 from Marvel Comics.
40 PGS./Rated T …$4.99

While it's very fortunate that this is the end of COATES, it's UNFORTUATE that we're almost certainly looking at the end of the BLACK PANTHER SERIES as well. Coates' garbage books have sold terribly, and this one is ranked #123 in February of this year.

123   123   132   Black Panther   21   $3.99   02/26/20   Marvel   14,639

https://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2020/2020-02.html

What's almost certain to happen? Is that they cancel the book and revive it either next year in Black History Month or the year after when The Black Panther movie is slated to hit. That approach will pretty much guarantee them a hit series.

In the interim? The wypipo are going to drag. DRAG. T'Challa and Ororo. Without T'Challa's readership helping out, and without a marquee name like HICKMAN carrying her writing chores AND writing her often? Ororo will fade into the background and back into her traditional role of X-nanny, supporting non-entity, and chocolate covered White girl clinging to her mutant gene over her Afrikan identity and loyally playing 55th fiddle to Whoever The Mutant White Woman This Year Is.

Be not surprised to find Ororo being the ornament on the arm of some White man, next. Then speedily rejected by said White man, after said White mutant man is done with her. This is how the X-Office sees Ororo. This is how the X-fans see Ororo [ except the Rutogs and Jenn's of the world ]. This is what we'll see going forward into next year.

I hope I'm wrong, but prior history tends to affirm rather than refute my prognostications above...

...thoughts, HEFfas?
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
I honestly see T'Challa getting the Cap Marvel treatment and getting a new creative team relatively quickly. He is too big a hit to fade into Limbo till next year. He will get the rebooted. Hopefully with a creative team that will actually put in work and not waste 4 years of everyones time with meandering 

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
I honestly see T'Challa getting the Cap Marvel treatment and getting a new creative team relatively quickly. He is too big a hit to fade into Limbo till next year. He will get the rebooted. Hopefully with a creative team that will actually put in work and not waste 4 years of everyones time with meandering 

I really. Really. Hope you're right!
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

BLACK PANTHER #25
40 PGS./Rated T …$4.99

While it's very fortunate that this is the end of COATES, it's UNFORTUATE that we're almost certainly looking at the end of the BLACK PANTHER SERIES as well. Coates' garbage books have sold terribly, and this one is ranked #123 in February of this year.

123   123   132   Black Panther   21   $3.99   02/26/20   Marvel   14,639

https://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2020/2020-02.html

What's almost certain to happen? Is that they cancel the book and revive it either next year in Black History Month or the year after when The Black Panther movie is slated to hit. That approach will pretty much guarantee them a hit series.

In the interim? The wypipo are going to drag. DRAG. T'Challa and Ororo. Without T'Challa's readership helping out, and without a marquee name like HICKMAN carrying her writing chores AND writing her often? Ororo will fade into the background and back into her traditional role of X-nanny, supporting non-entity, and chocolate covered White girl clinging to her mutant gene over her Afrikan identity and loyally playing 55th fiddle to Whoever The Mutant White Woman This Year Is.

Be not surprised to find Ororo being the ornament on the arm of some White man, next. Then speedily rejected by said White man, after said White mutant man is done with her. This is how the X-Office sees Ororo. This is how the X-fans see Ororo [ except the Rutogs and Jenn's of the world ]. This is what we'll see going forward into next year.

I hope I'm wrong, but prior history tends to affirm rather than refute my prognostications above...

...thoughts, HEFfas?

When one considers the fact that Ta Nehisi Coates, an African-American, has run T'Challa, Wakanda and the entire Black Panther into the proverbial ground, I fail to see what "wypipo" have to do with anything in this regard?

No one twisted Coates arm where derailing T'Challa's comicbook trajectory was concerned.

That was all on him.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 07:45:28 am by Salustrade »