Author Topic: NEW BLACK PANTHER COMIC BOOK #1 Finally, it's here!!!  (Read 1106352 times)

Offline BlackClaw

• Yes my teeth and ambitions are bared! Be prepared!
    • View Profile
Re: NEW BLACK PANTHER COMIC BOOK - NEW Last Annihilation Preview with words!
« Reply #4920 on: September 09, 2021, 02:48:09 pm »
Meh, at least Coates left NuNakia in a position to where Ridley can bring her back if he wants. Still think it was a horrible idea to kill her off to begin with. Especially since she was blatantly made to synergize with the MCU and I honestly thought Malice!Nakia getting killed off was to make way for NuNakia residing in 616.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4921 on: September 10, 2021, 06:28:13 pm »
Very well written based on the preview. Good to see he's not trying to copy Coates' style of prose.

They did the opposite of what you were thinking and Wakanda is the one being asked to help.

I think it's a perfect explanation because it falls into line with the truth. There should be at minimum five civil wars going on concurrently. With the people who benefited from the previous regime trying to carve out their own territory.

Hopefully this is a good stand alone tie-in and I won't have to check out the other books.

I finished reading "Legend of Galactic Heroes" book one recently and thought it would make a good concept to start with if the Empire thing is going to be long term. Fingers crossed that Dormamu wipes out the entire fleet and Tchalla has to start over from scratch.

The saddest part is that the statue is NuNakia. I don't think she set foot in Wakanda except for maybe a meeting? But she gets honored like that. Lol

Yeah and it was so ridiculous how that whole thing happened and random too, built in the middle of an invasion and this big rallying speech that made more sense to do at the end of the story, not in-between invasions

That statue is cringe worthy

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #4922 on: September 12, 2021, 07:59:15 pm »
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4923 on: September 15, 2021, 03:46:51 pm »
I think the issue was pretty good. Art and action was solid.

They set up Tchalla to not have to worry about the Emipre anymore even though it's still there, I guess so Ridley is not tied to it.

And that puts it in position to be a casualty of the next universal event, or get its own comic series. The sales if this issue will probably determine which it will be.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 03:49:07 pm by CvilleWakandan »
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: NEW BLACK PANTHER COMIC BOOK - Wakanda: The Last Annihilation
« Reply #4924 on: September 16, 2021, 11:08:54 pm »
It seems like T'Challa the Black Panther and his intergalactic empire are requiring too much help, just saying. Ture

They did the opposite of what you were thinking and Wakanda is the one being asked to help. CvilleWakandan

As I stated before the issue dropped the Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda required too much help. First they needed Manifold for his teleportation powers.

Next they needed the mutants' new vibranium knockoff mysterium to accomplish what the former could not.

The final need was two fold as Storm not only joins the fight but demonstrates the need to one up T'Challa.

Too soon to be delegating authority to M'Baku. We need a T'Challa centered story, especially one that sees him victoriously leading his intergalactic empire into glorious battle. Nuff said.

I even presaged T'Challa giving M'Baku regency.

Take note of the delegates behavior as it differs between T'Challa and M'Baku. Notwithstanding M'Baku putting his finger in T'Challa's face comes off disrespectful.

The issue itself was a pretty good read otherwise as Narcise proves efficient in crafting a cohesive story from Coates' remnants. One thing is certain and gets continuously proven, T'Challa needs to be the center of these stories. Without centering on T'Challa the Black Panther you get a puff piece trying to give a bunch of his supporting characters something to do.

Just compare

to its predecessor...

I just hope Riley realizes this essential fact.

Here are few more upcoming covers of your affable community Black Panther.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 06:49:41 am by Ture »

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4925 on: September 20, 2021, 09:26:50 am »
But the book was about M'Baku. They never pretended otherwise. They didn't even put 'Black Panther' as part of the title like they usually do. So if he looks better than thats what should be expected. I would expect M'Baku to treat Tchalla like a normal person. He knew him for years as just a comrade as part of the Maroons and he has a distaste for rulers the same as he does for Vibranium. Even with all of that, M'bakus' last lines of the book give Tchalla most of the credit.
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #4926 on: September 21, 2021, 07:20:36 am »
But the book was about M'Baku. They never pretended otherwise.

Indeed the book was about M'Baku and as advertised a new hero was to be introduced. What we got was a supporting character trying to carry a story beyond his weight class, thus the need for so many other characters to help redistribute said weight. The book could have been about M'Baku without having T'Challa give him regency for that matter.

They didn't even put 'Black Panther' as part of the title like they usually do.

While they did not put 'Black Panther' as part of the title they certainly did use his picture front and center relegating M'Baku's picture to a variant cover.

So if he looks better than thats what should be expected.

That just it, he didn't look better or more interesting, he was just there.

I would expect M'Baku to treat Tchalla like a normal person. He knew him for years as just a comrade as part of the Maroons and he has a distaste for rulers the same as he does for Vibranium.

But the fact is T'Challa is not a normal person. T'Challa has been a king for many years. He is a just ruler who does not give offense but does not tolerate disrespect.

Even with all of that, M'bakus' last lines of the book give Tchalla most of the credit.

If you are referring to the last line written in black boxes, that's T'Challa speaking.

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4927 on: September 21, 2021, 07:57:04 am »
Yeah, I mixed up this last lines.

Tchalla wouldn't let an underling or a rival insult him, but M'Baku is a friend and comrade. They fought in war for at least five years with M'Baku being the leader of the Maroons. And he didnt mind talking trash when Tchalla was using up all the anytime minutes looking to contact Wakanda prime. So their relationship is not going to change just because Tchalla became an Emperor.
Reggie Hudlin-

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #4928 on: September 21, 2021, 09:02:28 am »
I feel you on that CvilleWakandan. I just find it unnecessary to devalue T'Challa the Black Panther in any regard. Build up and make great his supporting characters but keep T'Challa great and find ways to make him greater. I'm asking for the best of both worlds.

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4929 on: September 21, 2021, 09:34:02 am »
I feel you on that CvilleWakandan. I just find it unnecessary to devalue T'Challa the Black Panther in any regard. Build up and make great his supporting characters but keep T'Challa great and find ways to make him greater. I'm asking for the best of both worlds.

What is the devaluation? Tchalla shouldn't be able to negotiate strife between species he barely knows. Maybe eight years of exposure to them while at the same time be unaware that slavery was happening under his nose. Set up like that, anyone from Wakanda prime shouldn't be leading the Empire. Its grown beyond their capabilities and experience.

The bolded is how we end up with unfans who say we only want Tchalla seen as 'great, great, great' and then we have to correct them showing them examples of him going though hardships. This empire thing is one of those examples. The Isekai anime trope of the human being dropped into a new world and immediately taking control is fun, but that usually happens because of how weak the world he gets dropped into is. I don't like the concept of the empire, but I don't want it to be some weak toy that Tchalla can just easily fix because he is so great.

The reason Coates story sucked was because he was putting Tchalla into situations that were well below his abilities. The empire storyline should take at least five years of storytelling of victories and losses before it comes easy to him.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 09:39:36 am by CvilleWakandan »
Reggie Hudlin-

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4930 on: September 22, 2021, 03:47:03 am »
Black Panther Just Revealed the Epic Secret Origin of Vibranium

http://screenrant.com/black-panther-vibranium-secret-origin-wakanda-cosmos-comics/

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4931 on: September 22, 2021, 06:38:13 am »
Black Panther Just Revealed the Epic Secret Origin of Vibranium

http://screenrant.com/black-panther-vibranium-secret-origin-wakanda-cosmos-comics/

I don't know why writers feel the need to make something simple more complicated. Knowing in the back of their minds it probably wont survive a couple of issues.

Its a metal not native to Earth that fell from the sky. Why try to make it more than that. lol
Reggie Hudlin-

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4932 on: September 22, 2021, 06:57:50 am »

What is the devaluation? Tchalla shouldn't be able to negotiate strife between species he barely knows. Maybe eight years of exposure to them while at the same time be unaware that slavery was happening under his nose. Set up like that, anyone from Wakanda prime shouldn't be leading the Empire. Its grown beyond their capabilities and experience.

The bolded is how we end up with unfans who say we only want Tchalla seen as 'great, great, great' and then we have to correct them showing them examples of him going though hardships. This empire thing is one of those examples. The Isekai anime trope of the human being dropped into a new world and immediately taking control is fun, but that usually happens because of how weak the world he gets dropped into is. I don't like the concept of the empire, but I don't want it to be some weak toy that Tchalla can just easily fix because he is so great.

The reason Coates story sucked was because he was putting Tchalla into situations that were well below his abilities. The empire storyline should take at least five years of storytelling of victories and losses before it comes easy to him.

The problem is that we have been going through the same hardships and T'Challa not getting solid victories against enemies at or above his level since Hudlin left. At this point, I don't care what unfans have to say because T'Challa hasn't been shown as great great great for a long time. Especially in his own book.

Since Coates era, T'Challa gets talked down to by all of his supporting cast and he just takes it. Characters throw these dogs and he silently lowers his head and says nothing or takes the blame even of he wasn't his fault.

Even in this tie in, narcisse took it upon himself to not only punk T'Challa and Wakanda by having vibranium fail to get the job done, but then took it a step further by having storm show up with mysterium being the solution, Shuri giving some forced undeserved praise of why she is a goddess, and then cement this again by having Storm take a dig at T'Challa for his comment about mysterium and not needing it.

And what does T'Challa do? Just takes it. She literally contributed nothing to the story except for the macguffin that really didn't even need to be there and to insult T'Challa.

People are just tired of it. Tired of T'Challa always pinning for Storm, and not being able to move on, and when they are together she comes off as toxic and he is some beta male who's jobs to prop her up in his book.

It's time to be done with that chapter. I really Hope Ridley is paying attention to what fans are wanting and I hope he is going to channel Priest/Hudlin/Redjack Panther and not more of Coates weak version

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4933 on: September 22, 2021, 07:12:08 am »
But its not Tchallas' book. It doesn't matter.

I read Batman and the Outsiders and Hill routinely had Jefferson insult Batman becuae it was more his book than Batman's. I wouldn't expect the same in Batman or Detective Comics, but side books where hes a support character. Its insignificant.

And Hudlin had Tchalla call Storm a goddess more than once. The difference is Coates inserted her into Wakandan culture which is where the insult is.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 07:17:22 am by CvilleWakandan »
Reggie Hudlin-

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4934 on: September 23, 2021, 03:42:57 pm »
But its not Tchallas' book. It doesn't matter.

I read Batman and the Outsiders and Hill routinely had Jefferson insult Batman becuae it was more his book than Batman's. I wouldn't expect the same in Batman or Detective Comics, but side books where hes a support character. Its insignificant.

And Hudlin had Tchalla call Storm a goddess more than once. The difference is Coates inserted her into Wakandan culture which is where the insult is.

There's a difference between Batman and T'Challa though. Batman always had a boom and is shown as THE GUY. T'Challa hasn't gotten to that point and spent the last 5 years being punked on in his book and side books than in a side boom now, Again. It gets old. And it doesn't benefit the characters doing the insulting at al I. The way it's being done