Author Topic: Ta-Nehisi Coates' New Black Panther-issue 1  (Read 2722 times)

Offline bluezulu

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Ta-Nehisi Coates' New Black Panther-issue 1
« on: April 12, 2016, 06:14:29 pm »
This thread if for discussion of the new Black Panther written by Ta-Nehisi Coates. Please use this thread for discussion about the book. Personal comments as they relate to a fellow poster is not permitted. Keep the discussion about the book. Remember this is Reggie's house. Thanks fellas.

Offline bluezulu

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Ta-Nehisi Coates' New Black Panther-issue 1
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 06:22:57 pm »
Gentleman if you prefer to keep the discussion about LGBT issues please use the BP politics session. Gloves off there....so to speak. House rules still apply.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2016, 06:45:34 pm »
With all do respect Blue we can't let two individuals highjack a thread.
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline bluezulu

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2016, 07:12:54 pm »
Yes brother Ture. However with the format controls of this blog I can only do so much and honestly, the HEF has always loved brothers who were passionate about comics, black characters, and black writers to express themselves with those who are like minded. Just every now and then we need to send reminders that we are all on the same team...as far as long term goals. Just keep it civil brothers. The internet is not real!!!

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2016, 07:23:04 pm »
The internet is not real!!!

And that should be the "Quote of the year."

Offline Booshman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2016, 01:30:01 am »
Yes brother Ture. However with the format controls of this blog I can only do so much and honestly, the HEF has always loved brothers who were passionate about comics, black characters, and black writers to express themselves with those who are like minded. Just every now and then we need to send reminders that we are all on the same team...as far as long term goals. Just keep it civil brothers. The internet is not real!!!

I agree. And as the saying goes, "It's just a series of tubes."

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2016, 05:56:24 am »
Has anyone heard how well the book is selling?  That 300K number is store orders not actual sales.  At four last Wednesday, my store still had like 20 copies on the rack, but I know another store in St. Louis sold out by Wednesday evening.  And have any stores reported new customers who came in just looking for that issue after hearing all the news about it?

Offline Booshman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2016, 04:19:57 pm »
Has anyone heard how well the book is selling?  That 300K number is store orders not actual sales.  At four last Wednesday, my store still had like 20 copies on the rack, but I know another store in St. Louis sold out by Wednesday evening.  And have any stores reported new customers who came in just looking for that issue after hearing all the news about it?

Well Coates said on his Twitter a few days ago that they had to go and reprint issue #1, because it was sold out.

https://twitter.com/tanehisicoates/status/718549436499148800
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 04:21:44 pm by Booshman »

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2016, 06:52:49 pm »
Checked out my store today.  They still had copies for sale, but not too many (about ten). But actually that's a good thing.  Selling out can be a bad thing because sometimes you only have a limited opportunity to attract new readers and if they venture into a store and there are no copies to buy they may never try again.