Author Topic: Captain America Civil War is incredible  (Read 9464 times)

Offline True Father 7

• Honorary Wakandan
  • The maker the owner the cream of the planet earth
    • View Profile
    • True's myspace page
Captain America Civil War is incredible
« on: May 05, 2016, 12:58:55 pm »
with all the great action scenes reveals and introductions of Spidey and Black Panther I was just amazed at how much the last fight scene between Cap and Iron Man delivered. This has been brewing since Captain America told Stark to put on the suit in the first Avengers movie and although it was ultimately 2 on 1, Cap and Winter Soldier vs Iron Man, we finally got it. It was like Iron Man was the unstoppable Terminator that Cap and Bucky were trying to stop. You kind of get scared of Iron Man and what he may do because of what sparked the fight.

Downsides, wish a more recognizable actor could of played T;chaka. I know Snipes may be reprising his role of Blade in the cinematic universe so it wouldn't make sense for him to play him but I think a more recognized actor would have had a more emotional impact.

And as great as it is to see so much that Priest introduced into the BP mythos on screen from one of the "Adored Ones" to Everett Ross wouldn't it have made more sense for Henry Gyrich to replace Everett Ross? To my recollection Gyrich hasn't even appeared in any Marvel cinematic movies which is pretty strange especially when he has been in an X Men movie
"Don't count the days, make the days count"-Muhammad Ali

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Captain America Civil War is incredible
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 10:57:39 pm »
Incredible, awesome, unbelievable!  So damn good!

Peace,

Mont

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2016, 11:48:36 am »

As I knew the movie would be.  8)
Thank you, kind sir. :)

Now onto the next movie in the MARVEL storyline...
--- The Black Panther!

nuff said! :)

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2016, 06:29:03 pm »
Perfect!

Offline TripleX

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2016, 11:54:45 pm »
Wow, that was GREAT!

It did exactly what a superhero movie is supposed to do...make you feel 8 years old again. And for the first time ever in a superhero movie it was clear that Black Lives Matter. We were an actual element of the plot that moved the story forward, instead of just cannon fodder.

Right when I thought Cap was the epitome of heroism, T'Challa's forgiveness of Bucky eclipsed him. I can't say enough good things about it.

Offline BlackRodimus

• You got me straight trippin', boo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2016, 12:03:37 am »
No complaints. And T'Challa stole the show.
"don't fight the power, be the power" - Reginald Hudlin

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2016, 04:05:36 am »

Right when I thought Cap was the epitome of heroism, T'Challa's forgiveness of Bucky eclipsed him. I can't say enough good things about it.

Ummmm spoilers

T'Challa didn't forgive Bucky; Bucky was innocent of any wrongdoing and BP realized that Cap was right.

Offline mayday

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2016, 08:36:20 am »
Please tell me that Panther was handled correctly....this is my only reservation about going to see this flick. Going to see it tomorrow....

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2016, 06:03:26 pm »
I thought Panther was handled fairly well. The suit looked pretty good in live-action, though I wouldn't have minded a bit of gold added to the costume. I also thought Boseman did a fine job acting wise.
Spoiler (click to reveal)
I am iffy on Panther sparing Zemo at the end. There is still that aversion to allowing a black character to take vengeance. The black person has to stay their hand, they have to take the higher road. That's what happened here, and I got mixed feelings about it. I think his act of mercy fit the film and was nicely juxtaposed to the vengeful Zemo and Stark. However I hope in Panther's own film that he doesn't take the high road if need be to defend Wakanda. Yet since Civil War brings down both Steve and Tony quite a bit, there did need to be some moral pillar and I guess that fell to T'Challa.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2016, 05:25:12 am »
Saw it twice; once in 3D and once on the regular screen.  I didn't really care for the 3D presentation; I think it took away from the fight scenes.

Story-wise--regular or 3D, it was perfect.

Offline TripleX

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2016, 06:23:09 am »

Ummmm spoilers

T'Challa didn't forgive Bucky; Bucky was innocent of any wrongdoing and BP realized that Cap was right.

I didn't come here to split hairs with you bruh, Bucky may have been mind controlled but that doesn't make him innocent, he still killed T'Challa's father, no matter what the reason was.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2016, 06:37:43 am »

Ummmm spoilers

I didn't come here to split hairs with you bruh, Bucky may have been mind controlled but that doesn't make him innocent, he still killed T'Challa's father, no matter what the reason was.

But he didn't.  It was Zemo in disguise who killed T'Chaka..  They found prosthetics in the hotel with the dead body that resembled Bucky.  (Finding that is why Tony went to help them.).

Offline True Father 7

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • True's myspace page
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2016, 06:38:35 am »

Ummmm spoilers

Huh? Did you see the movie? Bucky said he wasn't in Vienna and it was revealed that Bucky was framed as a face mask disguise of his likeness was found

Offline True Father 7

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • True's myspace page
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2016, 07:09:47 am »
SPOILER...........

Panther did show Zemo mercy, even prevented him from suicide with that great line, "the living are not done with you yet" However I kind of feel they messed up with the death of T'chaka. Should have been Klaw but it DOES show his heroism. Also do not understand why Zemo is not in a Wakandan prison like it was mentioned that Bucky could end up being in. So exactly what position will Klaw be playing in the movie? Panther kills Klaw in Hudlin's run and avenges his father's death so it was weird to see a different Panther let his father's killer go when he was so hellbent on ending Bucky when he thought he did it but I think he explains pretty good when he starts that line about almost killing the wrong man and not letting vengeance consume him. It correlates with what some see as a flaw in black people in that we are so quick to forgive our enemies. What I loved about Shaka Zulu was when he said, "never leave an enemy behind" I kind of wanted that type of Afrikan ruler in Civil War but I'm not mad at Boseman at all.

Lastly when T'challa lost Bucky after fighting him in plain clothes made no sense, he should have been able to follow his scent right? But hey, I loved the movie, 4.5 out of 5 stars

In the cinematic universe my best list goes as follows

1. Winter Soldier (just the best pure film in the cinematic universe, great espionage thriller)

2. Avengers ( you can never recreate the first time seeing the whole team on screen and I'm still amazed how they did this movie and made it work, hats off to Whedon)

3. Civil War ( just phenomenal. The pressure was on to follow up Winter Soldier and with incredible cameos and a conflict that pulls on the heartstrings it really delivers

4. Guardians of the Galaxy ( pure fun, best space fantasy movie since Star Wars )

5. Age of Ultron (do not understand all the criticism of this movie and Whedon was way too hard on himself regarding this one as well. So many great moments from when everyone tries to lift the hammer and it actually budges with Cap to the introduction of Vision who does lift the hammer and of course Hulkbuster vs Hulk. I can keep going

6. Iron Man (the one that started it all and still the best Iron Man, just a great solid super hero film so many people didn't think would work. Robert Downey Jr been killing it ever since. Why it was so surprising to people was beyond me, this the same guy that played Chaplin)

7. Ant Man ( another great fun comedic Marvel film like GOTG however does not have as much replay value as some listed above)

8. Thor
9. Captain America
10. Dark World
11. Incredible Hulk
12. Iron Man 2
13. Iron Man 3
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 07:13:16 am by True Father 7 »

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2016, 03:09:28 pm »
My main takeaway:

Peter Parker in the projects!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
(or did I misread that setting; Lefrak City? ???)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 05:41:05 pm by Hypestyle »
Be Kind to Someone Today.