Author Topic: Captain America Civil War is incredible  (Read 9926 times)

Offline True Father 7

• Honorary Wakandan
  • The maker the owner the cream of the planet earth
    • View Profile
    • True's myspace page
Re: Captain America Civil War is incredible
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2016, 11:20:48 am »
I think it sucked that they wouldn't let BP duke it out with Cap.

Huh? You didn't see him go Chun Li on Cap with that tornado kick?
"Don't count the days, make the days count"-Muhammad Ali

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2018, 01:52:46 am »
Finally saw this!   Can finally read through the feedback in this thread.

'Captain America: Civil War' has been playing on TNT for a few days now and... actually, MARVEL movies have been dominating all of cable movie channels for months.

This movie is amazing!   Always knew that Cap could beat Iron-Man hand-to-hand! ;D

MARVEL is doing in cinema and television exactly what they were doing in comicbooks back in th' day, which is impress and excite  viewers/readers.

Likewise, dc is doing in cinema and television exactly what they were doing in comicbooks back in the' day, which is disappoint and bore viewers/readers.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2018, 06:37:42 am »
Finally saw this!   Can finally read through the feedback in this thread.

'Captain America: Civil War' has been playing on TNT for a few days now and... actually, MARVEL movies have been dominating all of cable movie channels for months.

This movie is amazing!   Always knew that Cap could beat Iron-Man hand-to-hand! ;D

MARVEL is doing in cinema and television exactly what they were doing in comicbooks back in th' day, which is impress and excite  viewers/readers.

Likewise, dc is doing in cinema and television exactly what they were doing in comicbooks back in the' day, which is disappoint and bore viewers/readers.

I, too, was watching it yesterday...and was enjoying every minute of it.

As for DC, their strong point right now is Animation. They do Animation right!
I watched Justice League for the first time, too!
It was decent. Soulless and decent.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2018, 12:37:29 pm »
As for DC, their strong point right now is Animation. They do Animation right!

I dunno 'boutall dat, Dj Mastrmynd.  :)

If that animated show doesn't even rival Genndy's Hotel Transylvania series on the Disney channel, I seriously doubt that.

There's a reason they're called dc which stands for dis connected.  ;)

Notification: Spider-Man creator, Steve Ditko just passed away.  :(
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 04:44:16 am by Battle »

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2018, 04:10:00 am »
Maaaannnn...
  Most of the Animated direct to dvd movies that warner bros/DC puts out, look great and are well directed. The voice casting is top notch, too!

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2018, 04:48:56 am »
Maaaannnn...
  Most of the Animated direct to dvd movies that warner bros/DC puts out, look great and are well directed. The voice casting is top notch, too!

Not in my opinion.  :)

Let remind you that I don't doubt you about what warner bros/dc is putting out there for your satisfaction...

--- I just don't agree.  :)

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2018, 10:23:49 am »
Maaaannnn...

Not in my opinion.  :)

Let remind you that I don't doubt you about what warner bros/dc is putting out there for your satisfaction...

--- I just don't agree.  :)

You must be running for political office because that was a GREAT answer.

Okay, but to the subject at hand: Cap: Civil War.

Did you see Spidey: Homecoming before this? If so, did Spidey showing up lose some of it umph?

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2018, 10:59:27 am »

Okay, but to the subject at hand: Cap: Civil War.

Did you see Spidey: Homecoming before this? If so, did Spidey showing up lose some of it umph?

Haven't seen 'Spidey: Homecoming'...yet.  Too cautious to walk into a movie theatre.  I'm amazed that I was able to see 'Black Panther' inside the movie theatre but would not miss that one for anything:)

Spider-Man appearing in 'Captain America: Civil War' was clearly there for comedy relief. Spider-Man  is also MARVEL's flagship character as Mickey Mouse is to Disney animated movies [read: Fantasia].

'Civil War' is interesting in that it seems as if you're watching  a Captain America/Bucky and the Falcon  movie, an Avengers movie, a Spider-Man movie, an Iron-Man movie, and a Black Panther movie.

It's just wild! :)

Offline daingermouz20

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2018, 11:52:20 am »
with all the great action scenes reveals and introductions of Spidey and Black Panther I was just amazed at how much the last fight scene between Cap and Iron Man delivered. This has been brewing since Captain America told Stark to put on the suit in the first Avengers movie and although it was ultimately 2 on 1, Cap and Winter Soldier vs Iron Man, we finally got it. It was like Iron Man was the unstoppable Terminator that Cap and Bucky were trying to stop. You kind of get scared of Iron Man and what he may do because of what sparked the fight.

Downsides, wish a more recognizable actor could of played T;chaka. I know Snipes may be reprising his role of Blade in the cinematic universe so it wouldn't make sense for him to play him but I think a more recognized actor would have had a more emotional impact.

And as great as it is to see so much that Priest introduced into the BP mythos on screen from one of the "Adored Ones" to Everett Ross wouldn't it have made more sense for Henry Gyrich to replace Everett Ross? To my recollection Gyrich hasn't even appeared in any Marvel cinematic movies which is pretty strange especially when he has been in an X Men movie

At one time I woulda agreed about a more recognize actor for T'Challa. but after seeing Black Panther I think he plays him well.

I do wish Wesley Snipes would have played T'Chaka ,playing older in Civil War and  younger and older/ spirit in Black Panther. However the two actors playing T'Chaka were great .

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2018, 12:32:05 pm »
I would have loved to see Avery Brooks as present day T'Chaka!

Peace,

Mont

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2018, 09:10:12 am »
I would have loved to see Avery Brooks as present day T'Chaka!

Peace,

Mont

oh man oh man oh man...
I like that!