Author Topic: TMNT 2: Out of the Shadows  (Read 1893 times)

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
TMNT 2: Out of the Shadows
« on: June 05, 2016, 03:24:22 pm »
Only watch this if you liked the first one or are a die-hard Turtle fan. Other than that, skip it or wait for video. If you do not heed my warnings there are no after credits scenes.

Offline BlackRodimus

• You got me straight trippin', boo.
    • View Profile
Re: TMNT 2: Out of the Shadows
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2016, 12:43:57 pm »
I loved the first one but I'm iffy on seeing the sequel in the theaters. Even know its at the $2.40 theater and I'm like "Meh." Grew up with the cartoon and all that, but something seemed off about this even from the trailers. And from certain reviews I've read...

Say what you will about the first one (and a lot of people have lol) but Shredder wasn't a joke. I never liked the fact that Shredder wasn't taken seriously except in the later incarnations of the show (the 2000s version(s)). It bugged me even in the 80's cartoon. So seeing a Shredder that was tough to beat in the first movie, all problems aside, was great. Its my understanding they want back to the joke Shredder in the sequel.

I can take or leave Bebop and Rocksteady, to me they don't make or break the movie so that's not much of a draw to me. Krang seems ok, but oddly I wanted more of the first movie just with a better story and pacing. This one seems like "see we threw more elements of the cartoon in there please watch meeeeee!".
"don't fight the power, be the power" - Reginald Hudlin

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
Re: TMNT 2: Out of the Shadows
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2016, 01:56:30 pm »
I liked first one even know it had huge issues

Hated second one. Boring af, shredder sucked, kang wasvsrupid, and beebop and rock were wasted 100%

And it hadca god awful secondary plot