Author Topic: Confessions of a BET producer  (Read 20036 times)

Offline bluezulu

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Confessions of a BET producer
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2007, 09:03:37 am »
For the record I wasn't comparing level of greatness or importance or who did the most for their people. I was talking about impact. Tupac was complicated on a whole lot of levels. He was an entertainer among a lot of things. Ok by 25 he lived a whole lot of life and of course he was never able to achieve his full potential not because he was assassinated but because he was murdered in part by his own doing. Tupac's impact socially on TODAY'S culture and social community is on the same level as most including Pryor and Gregory. Those on this board know the social relevance of Dick Gregory and know that Pryor did more then tell jokes but the average joe TODAY don't know that. I saw Shacquile (sp) O'Neil Celebrity Roast or maybe it was Emmit's Smiths but Dick Gregory was one of the comedians on that night and the fellow comedians did not know who Dick Gregory was at least they did not act like they did. Any way we have to agree to disagree, I just wanted to clarify my point and it appears we are relatively saying the same thing.

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
  • One never knows, do one?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2007, 09:45:17 am »
Any way we have to agree to disagree, I just wanted to clarify my point and it appears we are relatively saying the same thing.

We can do better than that, we can just agree.  'Cause I do agree with what you just said, brother blue.  Since I do remember some of them brothers that went before, I sometimes feel obliged to speak up.   ;)
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."
"Be hard on systems, but soft on people."

Jenn

« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2007, 03:41:50 pm »
Pac was no gangsta

Someone's should've told that to Pac. Don't get me wrong, I think he's easily a GOAT contender and paved the way for rappers to become actors (for better or for worse), but that's about as far as I can go with the praise. As Reg stated, everything else is pure speculation. How many times have we seen people who had potential to be greats remain f*ck-ups until they reached their graves?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 03:46:40 pm by Jenn »