Author Topic: Family Business Home/Office Dynamics  (Read 1406 times)

Offline sherelled

• View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4555092605573&set=a.1551655401520.77168.1539197080&type=1&theater
Family Business Home/Office Dynamics
« on: June 22, 2016, 11:23:40 pm »
Okay peeps, been a minute. But hey, I am back😉
Here's something I'd like a little weigh in on. How does a family best get along when running the business out of the home? I believe this should be explored in our communities. How does mom, son, daughter in law conduct business during business hours? Etc. If we are to teach entrepreneurship, this should be taught as well.  Many businesses will be started in the home.

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
Re: Family Business Home/Office Dynamics
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 06:59:06 pm »
Okay peeps, been a minute. But hey, I am back😉
Here's something I'd like a little weigh in on. How does a family best get along when running the business out of the home? I believe this should be explored in our communities. How does mom, son, daughter in law conduct business during business hours? Etc. If we are to teach entrepreneurship, this should be taught as well.  Many businesses will be started in the home.

Hmm!  I have zippo experience, so I'm a layperson to the utmost, but I guess in the broadest terms, I could speculate:

Family Board Meetings!  A copy of Roberts Rules of Order may help  ;)  Decide who is the chairperson, etc., and whose votes count and whose don't..  ::)

To me, a significant part of this depends on the size/square footage of the home, the layout, where work spaces are (in the main house? separate room or 'open' area? a garage? an attic?)

-- Depending on what kind of business one is running, having ambient noise can be a problem (clambering feet, especially of younger kids/grandkids; opening/shutting doors, a ringing house phone [separate from the business line or cell], random exhortations "Who drank the rest of the apple juice?!", etc.), so establishing boundaries of "traffic control" is probably a good idea..

-- and of course, depending on what hours of operation you're comfortable with, then parameters have to be established with all house residents about what time is 'business time' and probably not a good time to interrupt with "You gotta see this on Youtube!!"

Younger folk can of course be groomed into knowing what running your type of business is like; they'll have an up-close-and-personal POV on the work ethic, knowledge base, and skill sets involved.

In the contemporary African American experience, 'legacy businesses' are often not the common narrative anymore; which is of course, a narrative that needs to change.
random links:
http://www.bing.com/search?q=legacy+business+development+african+american+black&src=IE-SearchBox&FORM=IENTTR&conversationid=&pc=EUPP_
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline sherelled

• View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4555092605573&set=a.1551655401520.77168.1539197080&type=1&theater
Re: Family Business Home/Office Dynamics
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 08:17:21 pm »
Now that is an answer! Yes, the luxury of space, may not be an option at the initial startup stages. And we are talking a broad spectrum of educational background. The street pimp, the drug slinger , food truck operator, have great marketing skills. Im not sure that our communities will be equip with the luxury of keeping grandma from making her coffee while you call a family meeting at the same table they played dominos at last night. I was thinking more like a general basic rule book. Just thinking a collaboration, with the hipsters,boogies,hustlers following the same guidelines to setting up business in the home. Anyone want to collaborate with a sister? Message me😌Thank ya' for listenig