Author Topic: Ultimates #9... don't bother reading if you are only reading for T'challa  (Read 6038 times)

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
Ultimates turned into Blue Marvel and his Buddies

Black Panther turned inot Midnight Angels

What should be the "ultimate" Black Panther time to be alive is turning into a nightmare

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
glimmer n of hope is that today  are announcing so something bp related another comic it sounds like hopefully the writer will cater to long time Bp fans rather en alienate them.

As for Ultimates, Ewing doesn't have to focus much on T'Challa, but make him the mastermind behind building things or  like MOS said  making the am go holy s#%$ that was crazy.

Also where is the friction. BP and Adam were supposed to butt heads and we saw only a small bit and that was it. I want more debates between them, T'Challa telling Adam to step off and not test him. Etc

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
I wonder who Ewing thinks is smarter... Blue Marvel or BP.  In all those charts of who is the smartest in the MU, Marvel isn't discussed but he is definitely in that intellectual class.  Given how the Watcher spoke with him as an equal might mean he is in the cosmic class of intellects and not the humans.  (Well, he is supposed to be pre-crisis Superman with super-intelligence.)

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
I wonder who Ewing thinks is smarter... Blue Marvel or BP.  In all those charts of who is the smartest in the MU, Marvel isn't discussed but he is definitely in that intellectual class.  Given how the Watcher spoke with him as an equal might mean he is in the cosmic class of intellects and not the humans.  (Well, he is supposed to be pre-crisis Superman with super-intelligence.)

Who knows, I would say T'Challa is smarter overall but Adam is smart in his particular field. But thats just me personally

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

Who knows, I would say T'Challa is smarter overall but Adam is smart in his particular field. But thats just me personally

Have you seen any real evidence of T'Challa's smartness or scientific accumen post Doomwar?

Offline Booshman

• View Profile

Have you seen any real evidence of T'Challa's smartness or scientific accumen post Doomwar?

Um....he...uh....didn't bother asking Storm back. So he's smarter than both Reed and Doom combined, in my book.

But in all seriousness, "no". He's barely shown off his brilliance. He's leaning to back to being his "simple acrobatic role". That hollow depiction of him, from his original Avengers run.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

TRO. Not how I would want it to be but he did show off genius in there. Not nearly as much as needed though

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog

Various tech made from radioshak including xgene suppressor

Building cages capable of holding swan and a herald of galactus terrax and stark

Light shield, shirt range teleporter

Life raft

Plan to stop doom

Teleporter that coukd get into galactus home

Unfortunately, a lot of hos other stuff gets shared eith reed and he hasnt had a solo with a writer who liked him since liss

Offline The Evasive 1

• View Profile
    • My Space Page
Eh,

I actually like The Ultimates. I am a fan of Blue Marvel just as I am of T"Challa so whatever shine he get's I'm good with. However, I agree, I think they are not using BP to his full potential and I am disappointed in that. But, as little as BP shines in this, it is WAY better then that mess Coates is writing the character in the solo book. Better a few moments on panel at least appearing regal and strong, then a ineffectual king not aware of Boka Haram style tragedies (rape camps? Really?) going on in his kingdom. Ewing actually started off more even handed in presenting the characters in the book, but admittedly, he has focused alot more on Adam lately. I intend to keep an eye and see if he starts giving more time again to the other characters, which I hope he will. Maybe it will take someone writing in to make the point in the "letter section" in the back of each issue. We can't be the only people noticing the lack of exposure of BP and other characters in favor of Adam. Anyway, for now, the book will continue to get my money for now.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 04:30:24 pm by The Evasive 1 »

Offline The Evasive 1

• View Profile
    • My Space Page
It was criticized that Ulimates has turned into "Blue Marvel and Co" by Ewing. However, I am beginning to think that it's Marvel Editorial behind this. I have been following Squadron Supreme and not to put too much of a spolier but Adam was in it and did some significant action. that wasn't Ewing's hand. I think Marvel has plans for Dr. Brashear or at least are trying to big him up in the MU. First, T'Challa is on Ultimates (along with Adam and Monica) and got a successful solo. A Black woman is replacing Iron Man. Smartest person in the MU is supposed to be a black little girl with the Devil Dinosaur and now Marvel Editorial is finally taking a liking to Blue Marvel.

Interesting.