Author Topic: HISTORY IS MADE: WORLD OF WAKANDA, A SECOND BLACK PANTHER ONGOING IS ANNOUNCED  (Read 19696 times)

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
I understand your hopes SI and i hope something good happens  but Right now this feels like the monkeys paw. It would  great if T'Challa becomes the focus and a power driving force. But given the spin off is a back story of the Dora's... it's gonna be brutal for T'Challa, Wakanda  and Black men in general. I cringe at whats to come  especially From a feminist view point where Coates literally drowned the mythos on gasoline and the writer in question is gonna likely come at this with a flame thrower... I fear for BPs mythos and image. It's gonna suck. T'Challa will be forever stained depending on at They write. Because the MA aren't gonna lose. It's funny because Coates aid he didn't want to write T'Challa like Priest Did yet he wrote the MAs like that

Who knew god damn tchalla would be the test case for marvel for "men suck!"

At least when the dud it to odin and asgard, there was dome history to pull grom of odin being an ass

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Hickman turned it around by letting namor live and giving all multiverse saving credit to reed?

I have to agree with SI here.  Namor lived because the editors decided that the Squadron Supreme writer gets his wish to kill him.

But BP may have not been THE key player, he still was an essential player in the end.  Without him, Reed wouldn't have won.  (And given that this series was changed into the FF swan song, Reed had to be given the key ending role.)  And technically speaking, BP pulled it off, restored the city, saved the lives of the kids, sent them into space, and every indication was he undid all the damage.  Coates, at least to me, decided to undo it and make it a partial restoration and not a complete one.

You may not like how he got there, and BP may not have shined or was given his best show, (especially since the whole story was what happens when heroes cannot win), but in the end, he was just as important to victory as Reed was.

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
If editors werent gonna let him kill him, he shoukdnt have started the drama

He hadca gwt out of jail free card with sw to mske it happen and put it back again

I dont hate hickmans ryn as much as others, but his ending ws anti climatic and unearned

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
If editors werent gonna let him kill him, he shoukdnt have started the drama

He hadca gwt out of jail free card with sw to mske it happen and put it back again

I dont hate hickmans ryn as much as others, but his ending ws anti climatic and unearned

I think the editors were going to allow him, when the story started.  But it took so long to tell this story.  When the end started to come close, and they started making plans post-SW, they hired Robinson for the Squadron and he said, he wanted to kill Namor so they gave it to him.  This is just my conjecture, but I think Hickman planned to kill Namor when the knife went into his chest.  That's why at the end of the story, we saw a little blurb about Namor being dead.  Then they pulled it and made him change things.  It felt to me like changing course in mid-stream.

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
All to prop up a book no one cares about

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
All to prop up a book no one cares about

Funny thing was originally, I was looking forward to that book, but killing Namor is actually what killed my interest in that book.  I didn't like and lost all interest in the book.  (It also killed my interest in Hyperion's book.  Of course, the story and art would have killed my interest in Hyperion's book anyway.)

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
So what kind of feminist is this chick?

Are we talking a real one looking for gender equality or the new age "men are evil"Type?

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

Are we talking a real one looking for gender equality or the new age "men are evil"Type?

Does it matter? Coates already set the road towards men are evil. Hence everything happening in his book ontop of no one man quote.

I just want to see the solicits for issue 7 and 8 so i know how sh*tty or hopeful I should feel

Offline A.Curry

• View Profile

Does it matter? Coates already set the road towards men are evil. Hence everything happening in his book ontop of no one man quote.

I just want to see the solicits for issue 7 and 8 so i know how sh*tty or hopeful I should feel

Do you really think men overall are shown as "evil" in this book?  because I dont think most of the men in it are...including T'Challa, that teacher with the long 'locks, the Hatut Zeraze leader, or even Tetu the sorcerer/villain...

...despite my growing reservations regarding what Coates is doing, as I attested on the "Reparations" thread...I actually think the "no one man" propaganda was more about them protesting Wakanda as a monarchy and that "no one man" should lead the entire nation.  Again, I think this is leading to Wakanda becoming a democracy or being fully led by a council...
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 11:43:46 am by A.Curry »

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

Do you really think men overall are shown as "evil" in this book?  because I dont think most of the men in it are...including T'Challa, that teacher with the long 'locks, the Hatut Zeraze leader, or even Tetu the sorcerer/villain...

...despite my growing reservations regarding what Coates is doing, as I attested on the "Reparations" thread...I actually think the "no one man" propaganda was more about them protesting Wakanda as a monarchy and that "no one man" should lead the entire nation.  Again, I think this is leading to Wakanda becoming a democracy or being fully led by a council...
The act that all the men can be named on 1 hand speaks volumes. Because there are rape camp's. T'Challa is being shown as evil by inaction. He represents a failed government that allowed Wakanda to reach a state ts never been in.  And  it kinda plays in 1 man shouldn't have all the power. Not one family  one man, and it's been pushed constantly how women aren't treated equal and the men sat by and did nothing. When the women cried out, the women answered .
That's the vibe felt. And there are lots of ways this could of been handled that shoes a change is needed, without it being wildly exaggerated that the abusers where known and somehow protected by the Royal family

Offline The Wakandan

• View Profile

I always wondered it was specifically about one man as in one male , or one man as in person. After all, both men and women have ruled Wakanda, especially recently.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

I always wondered it was specifically about one man as in one male , or one man as in person. After all, both men and women have ruled Wakanda, especially recently.

I think it is the generic man, instead of male.  Or if could be man means T'Challa specifically.

Offline The Wakandan

• View Profile

I think it is the generic man, instead of male.  Or if could be man means T'Challa specifically.

I honestly wasn't sure what it was referring to. Coates during the BP #2 recap vid just said that it means that no one man should have that much authority, or something like that. Didn't elaborate beyond that.

Offline The Wakandan

• View Profile

I think we'll be getting a constitutional monarchy when its all said and done. T'Challa remains King and the royal family still has a lot of influence, but it will be another governing body that will have the final say in affairs. Or at least, will have significant veto power of some kind.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

I think we'll be getting a constitutional monarchy when its all said and done. T'Challa remains King and the royal family still has a lot of influence, but it will be another governing body that will have the final say in affairs. Or at least, will have significant veto power of some kind.
Or Coates separates the Dora's into either own independent side Bd outs then into a position of power. Like the Voice of the people or something.