Author Topic: Wonder Woman  (Read 3124 times)

Offline Marvelous

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX
Wonder Woman
« on: July 24, 2016, 08:26:03 pm »
! No longer available

"2. IF YOU DON'T READ THE BOOK BUT ARE WILLING TO ARGUE ABOUT IT EITHER YOU ARE:
a) An idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.
b) A liar who is a fan who can't admit it to himself or others."

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
Re: Wonder Woman
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 05:52:56 am »
Istill don't know what to think about this. I think it is going to SELL like crazy though

who is the bad guy? Ares?

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 05:56:29 am »
Looks very cool overall.
I presume that Diana's origin is the "classic" one, where she was given life from a clay statue by Zeus?  Not actually his daughter born of Hippolyta?

The WWI setting is an interesting one, I don't think it's been used in contemporary films that often.  And of course traditionally she came to man's world during WWII.  I wonder who, if anyone, is going to be a villain?  I'm not particularly hip to the deeper aspects of Wonder Woman lore- besides folks I've seen in cartoons like Cheetah and Giganta, I have no idea who could be used.

I wonder will Steve be left to live his life in the movie's timeframe, or will he be conveniently be given a grandson to interact in modern times?  We'll see  ;)

Presumably, part 2 will be in the modern era.
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline BlackRodimus

• You got me straight trippin', boo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2016, 01:53:30 am »
I'm curious about the villain too. I'm guessing we caught a glimpse of her in the mask. At first I was thinking Dr. Poison or Baroness Paula von Gunther. But looking at the cast list, Orana is in the movie. Maybe somehow she's the villain.
"don't fight the power, be the power" - Reginald Hudlin

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2016, 05:08:09 am »
That is the one thing about DC for me...

I know the characters, know their basics but... that is pretty much it.

So there is some intrigue with the movies because it feels "new" and I can't pick it apart because I don't knwo antyhing.

That didn't save BvS but... yeah

One weird thing... if Bullets, especially WW1 variety, can harm WW, that is a serious downgrade of her durability from the comics no?

Offline daingermouz20

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2016, 10:56:11 am »
The trailer surprised me in a god way. I'm familiar with basic Wonder Woman origin story. The 1975 The New Original Wonder Woman starring Lynda Carter is pretty much faithful to the early comics.The only difference so far is its a World War I setting instead of World War II (not sure why they felt they had to do that or even wanted to do that.) The fighting style looks amazing. I thought for a first trailer they showed a lot. But I still feel like they are really keeping things quiet.

I'm only familiar with Wonder Woman's villains The Cheetah aka Priscilla Rich, Ares, Baroness Paula Von Gunther, Circe, Dr. Psycho. I'm sure she has more but these are the only ones I care to see in this movie.

Offline BlackRodimus

• You got me straight trippin', boo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2016, 03:18:38 pm »
The only difference so far is its a World War I setting instead of World War II (not sure why they felt they had to do that or even wanted to do that.)

I'd imagine to avoid comparison to Captain America: The First Avenger. Plus, well, movies that take place in WWII is kinda old hat anyway. WWI kinda gets ignored. I gotta admit if it did take place during WWII I wouldn't be so enthused.
"don't fight the power, be the power" - Reginald Hudlin

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2016, 07:48:14 am »
This was the hottest superhero movie trailer to debut at comic con.  Well done!  Love that the female director nailed it with the concept, costume design, the action, and even made characters like Steve Rodgers and Etta Candy work.

Evoking The First Avenger was very smart.