Author Topic: Justice League  (Read 7357 times)

Offline Marvelous

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX
Justice League
« on: July 24, 2016, 08:27:06 pm »
! No longer available

"2. IF YOU DON'T READ THE BOOK BUT ARE WILLING TO ARGUE ABOUT IT EITHER YOU ARE:
a) An idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.
b) A liar who is a fan who can't admit it to himself or others."

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
Re: Justice League
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 05:04:09 am »
looks like they took the "dudes, why is this SO GOD DAMN DARK!!" thing to heart.

Cyborg looks horrible

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 05:48:47 am »
.... I guess we'll see whether movie Cyborg is from Detroit or not.   ;)
The Flash-- same actor as in Batman v Superman?  Clearly he got a shave and a haircut.   :P
I see they didn't bother with addressing Superman being dead and the presumed resurrection.  It will be interesting to see how that dilemma is resolved.
I hope Aquaman gets to do some cool things while on land.
Still nothing about the presumed villain, Steppenwolf.  I still think that some 'classic' DC villains should be updated and involved in the movie.  The Legion of Doom should exist separately from Suicide Squad.
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 05:51:27 am »
I imagine Superman "ressurects" at the end during the climax

or Steppenwolf does it and superman turns on him

So bizarre there is a JL movie with no Superman up front...

DC is weird.

But I am looking forward to it. Looks like they learned a bit from BvS on the fun part... maybe they will learn to keep the plot more streamlined and less stupid as well

Offline BlackRodimus

• You got me straight trippin', boo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2016, 10:13:49 pm »
I'm concerned about Superman's absence as well. A Justice League without him front and center feels wrong. And if he's resurrected at the end/after credits would be bull since he's not on the slate for the near future (no announcement for Man of Steel 2 for instance).
"don't fight the power, be the power" - Reginald Hudlin

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2016, 05:10:07 am »
I'm concerned about Superman's absence as well. A Justice League without him front and center feels wrong. And if he's resurrected at the end/after credits would be bull since he's not on the slate for the near future (no announcement for Man of Steel 2 for instance).

I always thought he was the anchor for JL.

Curious at this Aquaman. I actually loved nu52 aquaman as far as a read it anyway before I dropped all DC. I like Mamoa but I am not sure if he can be a main star type of actor. Seems they just went "if you think Aquaman is a joke, WE WILL JUST CAST A MANLY MAN!" type of thing. Hopefully there is some subtlety and kingliness about him.

Juxtaposing BP and Aquaman is gonna be interesting.

Offline BlackRodimus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2016, 10:26:21 pm »

I always thought he was the anchor for JL.

He didn't appear to be the anchor in that trailer, Batman did.  :-\ Though it may not be the "official" trailer and something DC threw together. So maybe they'll hint at him in Official Trailer #2 or #3, but that's wishful thinking plus its a long ways off.

Curious at this Aquaman. I actually loved nu52 aquaman as far as a read it anyway before I dropped all DC. I like Mamoa but I am not sure if he can be a main star type of actor. Seems they just went "if you think Aquaman is a joke, WE WILL JUST CAST A MANLY MAN!" type of thing. Hopefully there is some subtlety and kingliness about him.

I don't watch Game of Thrones, but apparently its a big deal that "Khal Drogo" is playing Aquaman. To me he'll always be Ronon though. But its cool he's playing him.

Offline daingermouz20

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2016, 03:21:23 pm »
Nice poster. I wish Green Lantern and J'onn J'onzz were on the team. The Dream Team of comic book heroes'.

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2016, 07:50:30 am »
Superman can't really be part of the origin of the JLA since...why does he need ANY of them? 

Flash is well done...very much inspired by Quicksilver's depiction in X Men to me. 

Aquaman is very Namor.  Also a smart move.

That Cyborg suit does not look good. But the actor is good.

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2016, 10:24:01 am »
Superman can't really be part of the origin of the JLA since...why does he need ANY of them? 

Flash is well done...very much inspired by Quicksilver's depiction in X Men to me. 

JL has always been so overpowed. Superman is virtually unstoppable without kryptonite, WW is unstoppable without... errr... wait how do you stop her?

and then you have Flash, who historically makes QS seem like a turtle.

Changing Aquaman to Namor is BRILLIANT and also pretty much shuts the door on Marvel ever releasing a Namor movie as it would be too redundant.

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2016, 11:53:58 am »

JL has always been so overpowered. Superman is virtually unstoppable without kryptonite, WW is unstoppable without... errr... wait how do you stop her?

Changing Aquaman to Namor is BRILLIANT and also pretty much shuts the door on Marvel ever releasing a Namor movie as it would be too redundant.

No!  Sub-Mariner has to happen, even if I have to write it myself!!   :P  Ironically, Namor came first in the comics, and now at this late date his "arrogant intimidating monarch" persona gets clipped by the film producers, along with the full beard/shaggy mane look that Jae Lee drew in his stint on the Namor title in the early 90s.  Oh, well.  Marvel needs to sue Universal or whoever else has a claim on the film rights.

As we know, historically, the Justice League were the "main" stars across the established DC world- However, those earliest issues did not include Batman and Superman as members (!!!)  But they seemingly didn't have B-list characters join the team for years.  The Avengers had a haphazard membership lineup from the beginning.  Hulk defects in #2, then the Kooky Quartet era started around what, #14-15?

You stop Wonder Woman by tying her up.  Not kidding.  Bondage was a weakness, at least in the golden age stuff (I wonder if Grant Morrison deals with this at all in his recent stories).  Silver Age WW was likely a lot less powerful than her current version.  I don't think it was even until well into the 90s when it began to be hinted that Diana was close to/semi-equal to Superman in terms of the scale of her strength/durability (not to mention that she couldn't fly on her own until George Perez's revamp in the mid-80s).

I'm thinking Flash was just-- Fast-- outside of occasional time travel and phasing stunts-- the Speed Force angle didn't come in until Waid's tenure in the 90s, right?  And it seemed as if for decades Flash wasn't allowed to be faster than Superman on principle.

I'd like to see more of the Cyborg outfit in a full scene.  Offhand, it seems too Transformers-like.  I'd like to see much more smoother, rounded surfaces, a more form-fitting Iron Man-style outfit.
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2016, 12:38:49 pm »

JL has always been so overpowered. Superman is virtually unstoppable without kryptonite, WW is unstoppable without... errr... wait how do you stop her?

No!  Sub-Mariner has to happen, even if I have to write it myself!!   :P  Ironically, Namor came first in the comics, and now at this late date his "arrogant intimidating monarch" persona gets clipped by the film producers, along with the full beard/shaggy mane look that Jae Lee drew in his stint on the Namor title in the early 90s.  Oh, well.  Marvel needs to sue Universal or whoever else has a claim on the film rights.

As we know, historically, the Justice League were the "main" stars across the established DC world- However, those earliest issues did not include Batman and Superman as members (!!!)  But they seemingly didn't have B-list characters join the team for years.  The Avengers had a haphazard membership lineup from the beginning.  Hulk defects in #2, then the Kooky Quartet era started around what, #14-15?

You stop Wonder Woman by tying her up.  Not kidding.  Bondage was a weakness, at least in the golden age stuff (I wonder if Grant Morrison deals with this at all in his recent stories).  Silver Age WW was likely a lot less powerful than her current version.  I don't think it was even until well into the 90s when it began to be hinted that Diana was close to/semi-equal to Superman in terms of the scale of her strength/durability (not to mention that she couldn't fly on her own until George Perez's revamp in the mid-80s).

I'm thinking Flash was just-- Fast-- outside of occasional time travel and phasing stunts-- the Speed Force angle didn't come in until Waid's tenure in the 90s, right?  And it seemed as if for decades Flash wasn't allowed to be faster than Superman on principle.

I'd like to see more of the Cyborg outfit in a full scene.  Offhand, it seems too Transformers-like.  I'd like to see much more smoother, rounded surfaces, a more form-fitting Iron Man-style outfit.

I am not a DC fanatic but I do know recently....

Batman had a "contengency" plan for the JL... the usual stuff. The only contingency plan he had for Wonder Woman was Super Man. Which is why there romatic relationship scared people a bit.

Offline BlackRodimus

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2016, 01:38:34 pm »

Batman had a "contengency" plan for the JL... the usual stuff. The only contingency plan he had for Wonder Woman was Super Man. Which is why there romatic relationship scared people a bit.

Are you talking about Tower of Babel? Cause Batman's contingency plan for Wonder Woman in that story was to inject her with nanites to make her think she was fighting an unbeatable opponent so she would eventually tire herself to death literally.

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2016, 01:49:30 pm »

Are you talking about Tower of Babel? Cause Batman's contingency plan for Wonder Woman in that story was to inject her with nanites to make her think she was fighting an unbeatable opponent so she would eventually tire herself to death literally.

no, this was in the new 52

Offline BlackRodimus

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2016, 01:52:29 pm »
no, this was in the new 52

Ah. I gave up on DC a few reboots ago. I owned the Tower of Babel series so that's why that was fresh to me. Not sure why its suddenly not valid but oh well.