Author Topic: Justice League  (Read 5059 times)

Offline Francisco

• View Profile
Re: Justice League
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2016, 12:10:31 pm »
Superman is not at the forefront because DC decided that only Batman matters now. They even killed the guy so Batman could speechify on top of his gravesite. Hell, they even allowed him to have a real sequel to his movie. They had Batman hijacking his sequel. That been said I don't think he will stay dead beyond half of the movie time. They will resurrect him after the first hour or so if they do it before that time perhaps he will return as a brainwashed minion of Steppenwolf so Batman can beat him again.
Don't get fooled by the bombs that I get I'm still I'm still Saddam from Iraq.

Offline BlackRodimus

• You got me straight trippin', boo.
    • View Profile
Re: Justice League
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2016, 03:14:03 pm »
Superman is not at the forefront because DC decided that only Batman matters now. They even killed the guy so Batman could speechify on top of his gravesite. Hell, they even allowed him to have a real sequel to his movie. They had Batman hijacking his sequel. That been said I don't think he will stay dead beyond half of the movie time. They will resurrect him after the first hour or so if they do it before that time perhaps he will return as a brainwashed minion of Steppenwolf so Batman can beat him again.

I get all this I'm just saying I don't agree with this direction. At all. Plus it was DC's bright idea to turn Superman into basically Batman with powers. It was DC's bright idea to take the problems of Man of Steel and DOUBLE DOWN on them in the sequel. Or rather DC placing faith in Snyder to do all of the aforementioned stuff. It would be one thing if they gave the best interpretation of Superman and it failed. But for some reason DC puts faith in directors who think a morose Superman is the way to go. It doesn't compute a Superman who is actually about hope and not depressed nor doubting himself can actually work.

Trust me I get what is happening, all that you have said. I just feel its boneheaded. At this point it might be a weird case of DCCU surviving in spite of itself if it survives at all.
"don't fight the power, be the power" - Reginald Hudlin