Author Topic: Black Panther #4 SPOILERS and Discussion  (Read 28630 times)

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
Re: Black Panther #4 SPOILERS and Discussion
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2016, 08:40:26 am »
back to Zeke Stane...

such an odd ass choice. No idea why he was chosen. Its weird because he jsut showed up in an issue of Thor a month ago... in an "business illuminati" type meeting

coincidence or?

Tetu turning to an outsider?

So odd, really odd, curious to see where it goes

but he is a minor enough villain I would think T'challa could off him.....

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2016, 08:43:58 am »
back to Zeke Stane...

such an odd ass choice. No idea why he was chosen. Its weird because he jsut showed up in an issue of Thor a month ago... in an "business illuminati" type meeting

coincidence or?

Tetu turning to an outsider?

So odd, really odd, curious to see where it goes

but he is a minor enough villain I would think T'challa could off him.....

Maybe they want non-Wakandan technology to battle BP with.

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2016, 10:59:35 am »
I added a link to more detailed spoilers to the first post BTW for those who aren't buying/trade waiting/boycotting

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
LOL!
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2016, 12:47:08 pm »
One thing that is interesting is that T'challa doesn't seem to care about what the MA are doing.

All his effort is being put into Tetu/Zenzi.

If this was priest panther, I would say thsi is one purpose. He is letting the MA roam like this.

But Coates Panther? I am not sure. It could be he jsut doesn't want the MA to look bad lol

Or he isn't taking them seriously yet?

Then again, it is strange that he hasn't done much about them. They did steal valuable tech after all, in addition to taking over an entire village.

Yeah I don't know.

I feel myself getting somewhat optimistic, somewhat.

Ramonda getting bombed is the first thing Coates as done to make T'challa feel sympathetic

I need to go read some victor or maj's posts to smack me back to reality :)

LOL!

I'll give feedback once I've read this issue.  8)

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2016, 01:50:50 pm »
Read issue 4 and at the moment i am currently back to on the fence again as i was before leaning a tad more to hopeful. It was a good read to be honest (all of it is but i guess i should say, it was a good showing for everyone T'Challa as well) and it had some very powerful moments between Ramonda and T'Challa, It was very interesting that Ramonda Told T'Challa that he seemed like he made sacrifices but he made it clear he wasn't happy with it, and that he wasn't giving his all, I still don't fully agree that he dislikes being king, but i can see where someone can interpret it that way, It made me feel though atleast that they weren't saying they need to get rid of the monarch though hpw all that ends still remains to be seen.

T'Challa didn't look so...Feeble, The previews we saw a while back cast a bad light and made me get kinda annoyed with it all and making me feel like why bother, but i will now go back to my original Wait-till-the-end-to-cast-final-judgement Stance and take it in stride how it is. Ramonada and Changamires past hits at a type of romance of some sort it seems, the Doras meeting with Tetu and him offering his forces was intersting consdering i didn't think that would happen till issue 6 given the solicits. I also think maybe in issue 5 Zenzi may turn over and become an ally for some reason, or atleast she will have doubts given she experienced it seems the full agony of the explosions and the citizens pain. Issue 5 is going to be extrmeely critical, its gonna be the turning point for this series and how Coates treats BP.

Ramonda looking like she had died would been such a huge cliffhanger and im glad that didn't happen, I would of been so pissed. But i am glad Coates is seemigly done with idiot Panther, Hopefully he is and it translate into some good and shows smart panther as he hinted in the end of the book. All in all, probably the best issue by far in terms of T'Challa handling and showings an leads us to (hopefully) more of this decisive Panther to be seen from now on. Cautiously hopeful.

Offline The Wakandan

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2016, 02:06:25 pm »
Well, now that the first arc is done, safe to say...it could've been worse right? lol... :-\

Issue 5 is super important. If done right, it can bring back a lot of people, further maintain those that have committed, and perhaps bring more people that heard of the title but were unsure about it.

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2016, 03:28:42 pm »
It can always be worse

Honestly... take out the rape camps and "no one man" bullsh*t and it would be easier to stomach

Hell... take out the whole Dora subplot and tjis story might sctually be good.

I mean, in arc 1 anyway, tchalla doesnt even care about it. He is wholly focused on the people

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2016, 03:39:15 pm »
So i re read tge changamire stuff

Not only is ut 100% unnecessary but it also paints wakanda horribly. Which i dont understand why? Coates is making up stuff to make his rebellion more intersting than previous ones.

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2016, 04:21:18 pm »
To add my two tuppence worth, the fact that Tetu is working hand-in-hand with a Westerner to bring down T'Challa is an insult on par with Maberry's Desturi working with Doom to usurp T'Challa whilst hypocritically claiming to be ride or die Wakandan traditionalists.

Coates has in one fell swoop rendered an otherwise strong character in the person of Tetu, into nothing more than a two bit charlatan prepared to compromise his Wakandan birthright in his pursuit of a nebulous victory over the Royal Family.

All of which (consequently) makes T'Challa all the more of a chump for not divining the true depth of Tetu's guided machinations.

Even Ramonda's admonishment of T'Challa and his consequent recapping of all of his "sacrifices" came across as self-deafeating all the more for the fact that the T'Challa born out of the ashes of Doomwar, AvX and Secret Wars II, should have been all the more insular, calculating and machiavellian for the experience.

And to make matters worse, T'Challa still hasn't addressed the matter of the freaking Rape Camps and organised trafficking in women within Wakanda.

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2016, 04:30:45 pm »
To add my two tuppence worth, the fact that Tetu is working hand-in-hand with a Westerner to bring down T'Challa is an insult on par with Maberry's Desturi working with Doom to usurp T'Challa whilst hypocritically claiming to be ride or die Wakandan traditionalists.

Coates has in one fell swoop rendered an otherwise strong character in the person of Tetu, into nothing more than a two bit charlatan prepared to compromise his Wakandan birthright in his pursuit of a nebulous victory over the Royal Family.

All of which (consequently) makes T'Challa all the more of a chump for not divining the true depth of Tetu's guided machinations.

Even Ramonda's admonishment of T'Challa and his consequent recapping of all of his "sacrifices" came across as self-deafeating all the more for the fact that the T'Challa born out of the ashes of Doomwar, AvX and Secret Wars II, should have been all the more insular, calculating and machiavellian for the experience.

And to make matters worse, T'Challa still hasn't addressed the matter of the freaking Rape Camps and organised trafficking in women within Wakanda.

The rape camp bulslhit is so horribly tacked on to push some agenda (get his friend a book?) that the title character hasn't even mentioned that whole sub plot or given it more than one panel of thought.

and yeah... good point on tetu/stane relationship as well. unless staneis there to purely provide tech for a price, I just doint get it

i like the ramonda/tchalla talk though. i thought they both made great points, but i see where you are coming from
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 04:36:19 pm by MindofShadow »

Offline Blanks

• Publishing my own comics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2016, 05:44:06 pm »
So issue 5 will conclude this arch? I was hoping 4 was; looking for a reason to drop. Unfortantly, I just can't stop in the middle of an arch. Not even a bad one...

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2016, 05:45:18 pm »
This was the end of yhe first arc, itvsays so in the letter page.

Thevwhole story is 11 issues

Offline Blanks

• Publishing my own comics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2016, 05:48:14 pm »
Hm. Ok. I went to the gym and not my LCS, and they close at 8. I didn't leave the gym til 7:30, so I'll get my copy and be collectively disappointed tomorrow I guess, lol. And never mind the 11 issues. By arch, I was meaning the trade arch. This arch would be 4 issues in a trade I guess, but irbid what it is.

This train can't derail fast enough for me....

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2016, 06:43:46 pm »
Hm. Ok. I went to the gym and not my LCS, and they close at 8. I didn't leave the gym til 7:30, so I'll get my copy and be collectively disappointed tomorrow I guess, lol. And never mind the 11 issues. By arch, I was meaning the trade arch. This arch would be 4 issues in a trade I guess, but irbid what it is.

Trades are usually six issues.

Offline The Wakandan

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2016, 06:50:48 pm »

Trades are usually six issues.

This one is four. Four issues per arc.

1-4

5-8

9-12 (12 is the wrap up / epilogue issue)