Author Topic: Black Panther #6 SPOILERS and Discussion [spoilers on post 17]  (Read 10566 times)

Offline The Evasive 1

• View Profile
    • My Space Page
Re: Black Panther #6 SPOILERS and Discussion
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2016, 12:37:50 pm »
T'challa's genius is once again in full display there.

Has the worlds most advanced weapon's arsenal....

Sends in the HZ in a low flying plane in broad daylight with parachutes...............

If only the HZ had cloaking tech and night vision goggles or something....

LOL!!!

With this preview, it seems that Coates is continuing his deconstruction of Wakanda. Since he cannot fathom a monarchy in an advanced country, he is changing Wakanda. To him the Doras represent Patriarchy, therefore he is going to change that. Hence "NO ONE MAN." My question is it would have been far more interesting for Coates to have written a story about how such a government could work. A way that the people of his nation have a voice, thrive and flourish.

I have not truly enjoyed Coates' choices in this story. But what bothers me the most is that I do not know what T'Challa really wants. Or what he believes is the best for Wakanda. So far the way Coates has written this story, Monarchs must subjugate is citizens to remain in power since Coates believes that no one from an thriving would want to be a part of any nation without a voice. But this T'Challa so far has no vision. What is he attempting to accomplish? Is he just trying to quell the renegade Doras and stop the revolution? How do you quell a revolution? Coates is giving T'Challa complex problems but where is the genius who would have at least a theory to save his nation? This T'Challa appears to not have a clue.

Where are T'Challa followers who believe in him amongst the nation? This story so far shows a lot of protest and disenchantment with the throne and the only ones that want to keep the status quo appear to be the ones in the seat of power.

And where the hell is Bast? As the Hatut Zeraze stated in the preview, the throne is the embodiment of the Goddess Bast and her nations is coming apart. That is a fundamental part of Wakanda but it is being ignored.

CBR's Taozen

Sums it up pretty well.

Agreed!

No peace,

Mont

Heh. Let's see how many more of us agree with these comments since they were so spot on. And with such artistically sarcastic flare too.

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2016, 06:02:06 am »
T'challa actually did get smart here.

I am not sure about the rest of it though but his plan worked on the Stane side of thinks.

But that retcon of one of Priest's best ideas... come on man :(
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 06:08:36 am by MindofShadow »

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2016, 06:32:03 am »
Full Spoilers....

Spoilers...

- The book starts with the preview. Wakandan's are rebelling and the world is starting to notice. T'challa sends the HZ to bring order to the Midnight Angels.

- The Dora's and HZ fight. The HZ gain the upper hand before being stricken with grief and they stop fighting. Zenzi and Tetu are there and Zenzi used her powers to stop them.

- Tetu and the MA talk about having each others back essentially. The MA promise to help Tetu when the time comes. The MA take the HZ captive.

- T'challa is talking to Stark about Stane. Stark tells T'challa that he is old school and that he will want to boast to him before winning.

- Then we get the "injection" scene. Like many of us thoughts, it is nanites, specifically the same nanites as Doom used. He uses them to locate the suicide bomber he turned.

- We get the start of some inner monologue about T'challa being a scientist more than anyting else, even more than king. He wants to know things and explore things. Not sit on a thrown with legal stuff.

- Back to the vague Shuri journey which continues to be... incredibly vague and just irritating. I think the general point is, "GIRL POWER!" but god, it just eats up pages and panels that could really be used elsewhere.

- Back to T'challa, who has infiltrated the base of The People. We once again continue the monologue about him being a man of science. In fact, it retcons the "T'challa joins on the Avengers to spy on them," instead replacing it with essentially, "T'challa joins the Avengers to learn." We get more stuff about the kingship being secondary to him, secondary to the scientist.

- T'challa is actually captured. The henchmen should be ashamed that they think hitting him with a rifle would somehow knock out a dude that takes explosions lol. He is brought before Stane.

- Stane then does what Iron Man said... he begins to gloat and explain everything. However, T'challa is recording this all and sending it to his head Wakandan base.

- Hodari is going to release this video, which will show the Wakandan's the true reason for the revolution and remove the curtain.

- Hodari then tells a group of people to go in and do it quietly, despite his reservations for using foreigners. We found out, he is talking to The Crew

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Black Panther #6 SPOILERS and Discussion [spoilers on post 17]
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2016, 06:47:47 am »
Could it be really said that he is strictly learning or can it go hand in hand? he was spying while also learning too? If its the former then that is EXTREMELY disappointing and really really stupid considering he could easily do both

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2016, 07:04:44 am »
Just gotta read it and make your own conclusions.

Coates never speaks strictly, easy to understand, straight forward.

I personally think it was a little of both. knowledge is power anyway.

i actually enjoyed the tchalla parts of the issue. The Shuri stuff is awful and the MA/villain stufff was ok. Art wasn't good enough and the fight scene was boring for two of the super elite wakandan forces

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2016, 09:50:58 am »
Just gotta read it and make your own conclusions.

Coates never speaks strictly, easy to understand, straight forward.

I personally think it was a little of both. knowledge is power anyway.

i actually enjoyed the tchalla parts of the issue. The Shuri stuff is awful and the MA/villain stufff was ok. Art wasn't good enough and the fight scene was boring for two of the super elite wakandan forces

I responded on cbr but i'll just copy past it here:

I agree with you on a couple things:

The Dora Vs HZ fight was incredibly boring and Stale. Though i guess there wasn't much in terms of being able to use tech because they Doras had nothing other the the MA armor. However, it would of been cool to see the HZ not using "Lethal force" as i would expect for T'Challa to not want to kill off the Doras but capture them (the HZ are more then able to do that) though my guess is now there might be some sort of turn where the HZ join the MA due to how they were talking under Zenzi's power.

As for the the inner monologue. I agree its stupid how he retconned T'Challa's reason. He is taking things from priest run, ignoring things dealt with (the wives in training) while taking away from the cool stuff (spying) Though i look at it as he was still spying on them still for his country, and to make sure they weren't a threat as well as getting away and learning. That how i took it atleast (and will continue to do so even if that wasn't the case according to Coates because retconning that is BS to further drive his point/agenda) because it could make sense that he would learn more information from them. [/spoil]

All in all, its Better then the other issues (as was last issue but there are some very stupid things being said and done, or wasted on (Shuri's arc is starting to bore me as well) but there were some nice things about it, more priest-like moments especially towards the end, and T'Challa did get smart some finally, and without some major drawback to follow suit.

My thoughts i am still about 60/40 now (60 doubting Coates will pull through, 40 having some hope) as opposed to 70-80/30-20 as i was before.

Maybe if the next issues has more of the later portion of the issue it might turn out to something decent.  time will tell.

Had a question though who are the [spoil] Fenris Twins? I also wonder if there will be any aliens, cyborgs or mutants to show up as well because thay could atleast make the threat a little more formidable and seem a little more worthy to call in "The Crew"   

Offline The Wakandan

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2016, 10:55:39 am »
Just read #6. It wasn't bad at all, imho. Nothing grandiose, but not bad all things considered.

-T'Challa's portrayal was overall good, imho.

-The MA / HZ battle was unexpectedly underwhelming. Sprouse usually does a good job on the action, so I'm not sure if it was Coates guiding him or Sprouse himself going the way he did. Could've been better.

-The portrayal of the MAs, Tetu, and Zenzi were alright.

-Shuri's journey is ok. The stories in the journey themselves aren't bad, but they have to connect to the main plot soon. I can see many people wondering what is the point of her journey. Hopefully we'll get an answer on that.

-Tony's portrayal was good.

-Clever use of the Doomwar Nanites by T'Challa. Good to see him in the offensive too.

-The last panel looked pretty nice.

Overall, this had more positives than negatives. I can see many people looking forward to #7, or at least be curious on how it will go.

I do have one question though: how did the MAs, Tetu, and Zenzi know that the HZ would attack when they did? Is someone feeding them info again?

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2016, 11:24:08 am »

Overall, this had more positives than negatives. I can see many people looking forward to #7, or at least be curious on how it will go.

I am afraid to get optimistic.

We have halfway through the story. T'challa finally did somthing fully competent.

I could really see #7 being the end of Stane as the story shifts back fully to Tetu, Zenzi, and the MA.

#7 is the crew for sure, likely fighting Stane and the twins and their forces.

#8, if the solicits arne't lying, is T'challa going to get Shuri. I would imagine that would take most of the issue

So that leaves 9, 10, and 11 (he said twelve was more of an epilogue right?) to end the story.

I am actually curious how he drags the story out to be honest. Public support of The People should be gone next issue. The Crew and Tchalla likely end Stane's involvement. MA should turn their backs on Tetu after this... so aren't we back ot square 1 all over again?

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2016, 12:09:04 pm »
Again it was a better showing thne what we have seen thus far but yes its far too early to be optimistic right now.
But yes it was better then the other showings and had more postives, I just Wish Coates Agenda wasn't forced down our throats every single issue. I still hate how he worded the avengers and why he joined.

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2016, 01:16:52 pm »
Again it was a better showing thne what we have seen thus far but yes its far too early to be optimistic right now.
But yes it was better then the other showings and had more postives, I just Wish Coates Agenda wasn't forced down our throats every single issue. I still hate how he worded the avengers and why he joined.

he is 100% taking T'challa off the throne. 100%.

Dude literally got handed the throne just to lose it one story later.

Offline The Wakandan

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2016, 03:29:26 pm »

I am afraid to get optimistic.

We have halfway through the story. T'challa finally did somthing fully competent.

I could really see #7 being the end of Stane as the story shifts back fully to Tetu, Zenzi, and the MA.

#7 is the crew for sure, likely fighting Stane and the twins and their forces.

#8, if the solicits arne't lying, is T'challa going to get Shuri. I would imagine that would take most of the issue

So that leaves 9, 10, and 11 (he said twelve was more of an epilogue right?) to end the story.

I am actually curious how he drags the story out to be honest. Public support of The People should be gone next issue. The Crew and Tchalla likely end Stane's involvement. MA should turn their backs on Tetu after this... so aren't we back ot square 1 all over again?

Yea, no need to get optimistic. This can turn in a very different direction rather quickly.

Your prediction of the upcoming issues seem sound though. The real question may be what happens to the monarchy at issues 11 and 12.

Offline The Wakandan

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2016, 03:30:41 pm »

he is 100% taking T'challa off the throne. 100%.

Dude literally got handed the throne just to lose it one story later.

I think T'Challa will stay King, but just won't have as much authority as before. I suspect there will be some agreement in terms of power sharing.

Offline stanleyballard

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2016, 06:55:22 pm »
Monarchies thrived in Europe and not Africa so Coates challenge to this actually brings The Black Panther to a true pro black or African style of ruling.  Feel his stories have been complex and rather ambitious - he is definitely willing to take risks and shift as needed shown by the fact T'Challa is clearly front and center now.  Shuri is being developed steadily as the story progresses- more fully fleshed out than before.  Coates has a vision and level of skill that is giving each issue a better tone and pacing.

Offline Booshman

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2016, 12:00:01 am »
Monarchies thrived in Europe and not Africa so Coates challenge to this actually brings The Black Panther to a true pro black or African style of ruling.  Feel his stories have been complex and rather ambitious - he is definitely willing to take risks and shift as needed shown by the fact T'Challa is clearly front and center now.  Shuri is being developed steadily as the story progresses- more fully fleshed out than before.  Coates has a vision and level of skill that is giving each issue a better tone and pacing.

Um...what?

Right off the bat, the Benin Empire (which existed for several centuries) disagrees with that. It was somewhat of a constitutional Monarchy, since the ruling family was kept in check by its council, but it was still a monarchy.

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2016, 04:29:58 am »

I don't agree with the Shuri thing.

She COULD be fleshed out from this... but so far she is just getting a history lesson.

Hudlin invented her, took her from an arrogant teenager, had her kill and it shook her to her core to the point she basically went paris hilton 2.0 instead, she took her T'challa pep start, came back to Wakanda, ended up going in front of bast to get REJECTED for her arrogance, decided to defend her country to the death anyway, became blessed by Bast and Queen, had to control her own blood lust, and became her "own" person instead of just T'challa lite (their ruling styles were not the same, she was more of a throw back).

How are you comparing that to a wordy history lesson?