Author Topic: Black Panther #6 SPOILERS and Discussion [spoilers on post 17]  (Read 10562 times)

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
Black Panther #6 SPOILERS and Discussion [spoilers on post 17]
« on: September 09, 2016, 06:18:21 am »
Might as well get the thread going.

Hat Tip to The Wakandan for never getting off the internet and getting that preview up ASAP lolol

« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 06:32:28 am by MindofShadow »

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
Re: Black Panther #6 SPOILERS and Discussion
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2016, 06:19:12 am »
Nice covers for #6 though

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2016, 06:22:04 am »

Offline The Wakandan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2016, 06:26:49 am »
Might as well get the thread going.

Hat Tip to The Wakandan for never getting off the internet and getting that preview up ASAP lolol

I stay logged in lol

Offline The Wakandan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2016, 06:36:13 am »
As for the previews scans themselves:

1. This reaffirms my thoughts on #5 and thus the rest this run: very different "BP story", highly unpredictable (and not always for the better), and a lot of longtime BP fans will strongly have to consider waiting for the big trade with all three volumes and read the story that way or drop the book till at least season 2. Reading it on a issue-to-issue basis may be quite grueling for many longtime fans, considering the content in it so far.

2. This T'Challa/Monarchy vs. MAs/Doras can be resolved with a 30 minute mediated conversation between both parties. I strongly suspect that is how both parties will come to an agreement and focus on Tetu/Zenzi/Zeke Stane. I also suspect Shuri will be the mediator for that meeting once she comes back.

Who would've thought Hudlin's run would've have legit competition in the "most controversial BP run" contest so soon lol.

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2016, 06:48:38 am »

1. This reaffirms my thoughts on #5 and thus the rest this run: very different "BP story", highly unpredictable (and not always for the better), and a lot of longtime BP fans will strongly have to consider waiting for the big trade with all three volumes and read the story that way or drop the book till at least season 2. Reading it on a issue-to-issue basis may be quite grueling for many longtime fans, considering the content in it so far.

2. This T'Challa/Monarchy vs. MAs/Doras can be resolved with a 30 minute mediated conversation between both parties. I strongly suspect that is how both parties will come to an agreement and focus on Tetu/Zenzi/Zeke Stane. I also suspect Shuri will be the mediator for that meeting once she comes back.

Who would've thought Hudlin's run would've have legit competition in the "most controversial BP run" contest so soon lol.

Hudlin still wins. He brought in a whole other fan base of hate lol.

Coates run seems 100% ignored by other, traditional comic nerds.

Offline The Wakandan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2016, 06:55:24 am »

Hudlin still wins. He brought in a whole other fan base of hate lol.

Coates run seems 100% ignored by other, traditional comic nerds.

I'm not too sure about that. I've been listening to many comic book podcasts throughout the past 4-5 months. The BP is often one of the books they review on a consistent basis. Some do say they find the book somewhat boring, but overall the book seems to have a positive impression to them so far.

Def agree with the Hudlin run thing. His haters were legion, lol.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 06:58:21 am by The Wakandan »

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2016, 07:42:53 am »
Maybe we will at least see T'challa deliver one of his back hand specials to Changamire please?

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2016, 07:52:37 am »

Pretty much, see the problem though is that Coates has to keep supplementing things outside of the book, he has done such a poor job conveying the thoughts and tone in which this story is progressing that he has to explain it in his interviews or podcasts or whatever. Brother MOS brought this up over at the cbr and i agree. No one thought the MA came off like cops using unnecessary lethal force because of how Coates tells it.

Maybe if they had Ramonda tell it from her point of view and have the MA not talk about it it would of worked, or better yet, had
Ramonda and T'Challa talk about it and have T'Challa say along the lines "I sent Aneka and Ayo to the village because i trusted they could handle bringing in a corrupt chieftain to face Wakandan justice for his crimes against his village and the women who reside there, I did not expect the fatigue from suppressing these fires would of so clouded the Judgement of the Dora Milaje captain" Boom, simple, gets the point across that T'Challa Cares    about the plight of women, that he cares what is happened to Aneka, and that he understands more is going on other then finding Zenzi and killing her. Could even have taken it a step further and had T'Challa say, "When this is all said and done perhaps we can set an example for Aneka without more blood being spilled" before Ayo breaks her out and then they go on their No one man spiel. That way, we get both sides, T'Challa was trying to do right and so were the MA, add in the plot twist that Zenzi was also hidden among the women at the time of the attack to spur Aneka on and you have even more protection to excuse her actions a little more followed by adding in that its Aneka's home village and you drive the point home bringing out conflict you understand it from both sides rather then one.

Right now there feels like little hope. Hell even Coates has T'chsalla coming off as sympathetic towards the enemy, rather then saying, "I understand the concerns, however, These acts of terror under the guise of victimization, will not stand and the truth will be revealed" Somethign showing T'Challa as confident, and not seeing Coates constantly slide back into the  T'Challa is doubting himself trope over and over. its been play out from Issue 1 and hasn't stopped and we are half way through the story. its time to show T'Challa "Getting smart, and his plans" that Coates mentioned but never or vaguely showed.   

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2016, 09:45:31 am »
T'challa's genius is once again in full display there.

Has the worlds most advanced weapon's arsenal....

Sends in the HZ in a low flying plane in broad daylight with parachutes...............

If only the HZ had cloaking tech and night vision goggles or something....

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2016, 11:19:03 am »

Sends in the HZ in a low flying plane in broad daylight with parachutes...............

Or you know, any tactical awareness at all.. Jesus i hate to say this but hows Coates is writing BP and Wakanda, I can't see how they managed to hold a 10k undefeated streak under Coates pen and continuity. Spears and Sticks >>>> worlds most advanced tech
#thatsticktoothick

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2016, 09:22:06 pm »

LOL!!!

With this preview, it seems that Coates is continuing his deconstruction of Wakanda. Since he cannot fathom a monarchy in an advanced country, he is changing Wakanda. To him the Doras represent Patriarchy, therefore he is going to change that. Hence "NO ONE MAN." My question is it would have been far more interesting for Coates to have written a story about how such a government could work. A way that the people of his nation have a voice, thrive and flourish.

I have not truly enjoyed Coates' choices in this story. But what bothers me the most is that I do not know what T'Challa really wants. Or what he believes is the best for Wakanda. So far the way Coates has written this story, Monarchs must subjugate is citizens to remain in power since Coates believes that no one from an thriving would want to be a part of any nation without a voice. But this T'Challa so far has no vision. What is he attempting to accomplish? Is he just trying to quell the renegade Doras and stop the revolution? How do you quell a revolution? Coates is giving T'Challa complex problems but where is the genius who would have at least a theory to save his nation? This T'Challa appears to not have a clue.

Where are T'Challa followers who believe in him amongst the nation? This story so far shows a lot of protest and disenchantment with the throne and the only ones that want to keep the status quo appear to be the ones in the seat of power.

And where the hell is Bast? As the Hatut Zeraze stated in the preview, the throne is the embodiment of the Goddess Bast and her nations is coming apart. That is a fundamental part of Wakanda but it is being ignored.

CBR's Taozen

Sums it up pretty well.

Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2016, 10:01:47 pm »

LOL!!!

With this preview, it seems that Coates is continuing his deconstruction of Wakanda. Since he cannot fathom a monarchy in an advanced country, he is changing Wakanda. To him the Doras represent Patriarchy, therefore he is going to change that. Hence "NO ONE MAN." My question is it would have been far more interesting for Coates to have written a story about how such a government could work. A way that the people of his nation have a voice, thrive and flourish.

I have not truly enjoyed Coates' choices in this story. But what bothers me the most is that I do not know what T'Challa really wants. Or what he believes is the best for Wakanda. So far the way Coates has written this story, Monarchs must subjugate is citizens to remain in power since Coates believes that no one from an thriving would want to be a part of any nation without a voice. But this T'Challa so far has no vision. What is he attempting to accomplish? Is he just trying to quell the renegade Doras and stop the revolution? How do you quell a revolution? Coates is giving T'Challa complex problems but where is the genius who would have at least a theory to save his nation? This T'Challa appears to not have a clue.

Where are T'Challa followers who believe in him amongst the nation? This story so far shows a lot of protest and disenchantment with the throne and the only ones that want to keep the status quo appear to be the ones in the seat of power.

And where the hell is Bast? As the Hatut Zeraze stated in the preview, the throne is the embodiment of the Goddess Bast and her nations is coming apart. That is a fundamental part of Wakanda but it is being ignored.

CBR's Taozen

Sums it up pretty well.

Agreed!

No peace,

Mont

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2016, 03:52:31 am »

Or you know, any tactical awareness at all.. Jesus i hate to say this but hows Coates is writing BP and Wakanda, I can't see how they managed to hold a 10k undefeated streak under Coates pen and continuity. Spears and Sticks >>>> worlds most advanced tech
#thatsticktoothick

And sends the hz in in that flying target right after saying you gave to know your enemy. Yeesh.

Priest panther would have walked into the dora camp, go "treaty to confer", ayo woukd throw the glostick and it woukd just fall to the ground with tchalla hoing "you ddint think id know how to disable my own tech?"

Offline A.Curry

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2016, 06:48:04 am »

#thatsticktoothick

Except he would call her "beloved" at the end of that question.

Good scene though.

And sends the hz in in that flying target right after saying you gave to know your enemy. Yeesh.

Priest panther would have walked into the dora camp, go "treaty to confer", ayo woukd throw the glostick and it woukd just fall to the ground with tchalla hoing "you ddint think id know how to disable my own tech?"