Author Topic: Black Panther #World War Wakanda  (Read 11794 times)

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Black Panther #World War Wakanda
« on: October 14, 2016, 06:37:03 am »
See the First Page of World of Wakanda from Roxane Gay, Ta-Nehisi Coates & Alitha Martinez
By Cameron Wade  |  October 13, 2016  |  6:58pm
Image via Marvel / Art by Alitha Martinez

Bad Feminist writer Roxane Gay made news in comics over the summer when it was announced that she and Black Panther writer Ta-Nehisi Coates would be collaborating on a new Black Panther title called World of Wakanda, making Gay the first black woman to write for Marvel in the publisher’s entire history.

Now we’re getting our first look at the historic book. Gay posted a sneak peek from artist Alitha Martinez to her Twitter today, presumably giving us our first look at the stars of the book, Ayo and Aneka, lovers and former warriors for the Black Panther. Speaking of her decision to write the book, Gay said, “The opportunity to write black women and queer black women into the Marvel universe, there’s no saying no to that.”

The first issue of World of Wakanda is expected to hit shelves in November.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 01:58:07 pm by Ture »
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
Re: Between the World and Wakanda
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 08:21:29 am »
ill keep my fingers crossed but my expectations are below zero

Offline Booshman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2016, 04:10:34 pm »
I'm approaching this with caution, because I have a feeling it'll de-evolve into nothing more than throwing T'challa under the bus in a few issues. With the tired trope of (albeit flowery/eloquently phrased ") men ain't -ish" rabbithole that far too many feminists (especially black feminists) can't help but go down.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 04:21:12 pm by Booshman »

Offline The Wakandan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2016, 05:21:54 pm »
I'll def check out the first issue, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't concerned on how the characters will be portrayed in this book.

Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2016, 07:58:39 pm »
Good lookin' out Ezyo.

Courtesy of UltimateTy at the CBR:

Quote from: UltimateTy;2348163
BP world of Wakanda #1 preview. I'm still not sure If i'll be buying this

Quote from: UltimateTy;2348166

The Afua Richardson art is great here though

If these are scenes from Wakanda... so impoverished and so many bad Afrakan men. I'm willful that this is transpiring somewhere else, Niganda per chance.

ill keep my fingers crossed but my expectations are below zero

I'm approaching this with caution, because I have a feeling it'll de-evolve into nothing more than throwing T'challa under the bus in a few issues. With the tired trope of (albeit flowery/eloquently phrased ") [i]men ain't -ish[/i]" rabbithole that far too many feminists (especially black feminists) can't help but go down.

I'll def check out the first issue, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't concerned on how the characters will be portrayed in this book.

Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.

All quoted for truth.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2016, 08:24:40 pm »
as was discussed in the CBR brother Ture the scenes with the Aneka and Ayo actually look like they are seizing atlatean spies as this takes place while Wakanda and Atlantis are at war. As for the scene with Zenzi, considering Coates mentioned that the Nigandans Pretty much turned on Kilmongers forces once he died, I think it may be safe to say that does not take place in Wakanda

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2016, 08:38:36 pm »
as was discussed in the CBR brother Ture the scenes with the Aneka and Ayo actually look like they are seizing atlatean spies as this takes place while Wakanda and Atlantis are at war. As for the scene with Zenzi, considering Coates mentioned that the Nigandans Pretty much turned on Kilmongers forces once he died, I think it may be safe to say that does not take place in Wakanda

Thank you Brother Ezyo.

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2016, 12:18:43 am »
Having gotten my hopes up for Coates only to have them dashed and be torched to subatomic particles so small that they make a fraction of a quark look like infinitely vast multiverses, I am in zero hurry to get my hopes up about this book. It has the potential to be outstanding, just like Coates BP could have been.

But.

If there were Rape Camps in Coates BP? Expect something equally imfreakinpossible and repugnant to be in WoW. The continuity of Rape Camps will be all up in that book, and of course the feminist middle digit will be flipped at TChalla for real. Idk if they will speak on or hate on Shuri.

I want the books to be good. With the advent of THE COATES' version of Priest's CREW, and the return of ORORO MUNROE to Wakanda...and imo the first or second visit to Wakanda by our own Misty Knight...Coates' book may be picking up.

Idk cuz I'm still not buying it. Maybe flip through the pages at my LCS, and if it's not beautiful poetry overlaid upon plot vomit, I may buy that book.

Look. TChalla wouldn't've condescended to hott box with Zenzi or Tetu or whatever his name is. The WDF would have smashed both of them. Out of hand. Easy peezy. And if Zenzi n nem got too uppity? The same crew that spawned Mendinao and Zawaviri would simply hand Zenzi and Tetu the magic beatdown. You heard of the one hitter quitter? Well...this would be the one spell zinger bell ringer.

This is the crew that handled the [ drastically upgraded powers due to common sense origin alteration and clarification, just as BP became the MU prepmaster and shrewdest man under Priest's pen via equally common sense application of resources and attributes established decades..half a century...ago ] the fell powers of Karnaj and Somberr and their cruel, deadly powerful magicks. If Tetu is the equivalent of a Druid [ maybe High Druid ] in Dungeons and Dragons like Coates said, then TChalla has already gone Pimp Named Slickback on a cabal of Arch Mages and High Priests like Karnaj, Somberr, etc. And he did that solo. Of course, his WDF would be prepped for these kinds of threats...and we haven't even talked about Uncle Syan's son, T'Chan yet. Has he recovered? Bring him back. That character has stupid fly potential.

Yes. I went 90's slang on you.

Anyway...

Don't write TChalla down in order to bring other characters up. Step up the other characters so they can do their own unique thing, and be appreciated as such. This book would be sooooo muuuch BETTER if such were the case.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 12:28:21 am by supreme illuminati »
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2016, 05:12:45 am »
That same zenzi scene was shown in like bp2 or 3

Its niganda

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2016, 09:40:55 am »
Having gotten my hopes up for Coates only to have them dashed and be torched to subatomic particles so small that they make a fraction of a quark look like infinitely vast multiverses, I am in zero hurry to get my hopes up about this book. It has the potential to be outstanding, just like Coates BP could have been.

But.

If there were Rape Camps in Coates BP? Expect something equally imfreakinpossible and repugnant to be in WoW. The continuity of Rape Camps will be all up in that book, and of course the feminist middle digit will be flipped at TChalla for real. Idk if they will speak on or hate on Shuri.

I want the books to be good. With the advent of THE COATES' version of Priest's CREW, and the return of ORORO MUNROE to Wakanda...and imo the first or second visit to Wakanda by our own Misty Knight...Coates' book may be picking up.

Idk cuz I'm still not buying it. Maybe flip through the pages at my LCS, and if it's not beautiful poetry overlaid upon plot vomit, I may buy that book.

Look. TChalla wouldn't've condescended to hott box with Zenzi or Tetu or whatever his name is. The WDF would have smashed both of them. Out of hand. Easy peezy. And if Zenzi n nem got too uppity? The same crew that spawned Mendinao and Zawaviri would simply hand Zenzi and Tetu the magic beatdown. You heard of the one hitter quitter? Well...this would be the one spell zinger bell ringer.

This is the crew that handled the [ drastically upgraded powers due to common sense origin alteration and clarification, just as BP became the MU prepmaster and shrewdest man under Priest's pen via equally common sense application of resources and attributes established decades..half a century...ago ] the fell powers of Karnaj and Somberr and their cruel, deadly powerful magicks. If Tetu is the equivalent of a Druid [ maybe High Druid ] in Dungeons and Dragons like Coates said, then TChalla has already gone Pimp Named Slickback on a cabal of Arch Mages and High Priests like Karnaj, Somberr, etc. And he did that solo. Of course, his WDF would be prepped for these kinds of threats...and we haven't even talked about Uncle Syan's son, T'Chan yet. Has he recovered? Bring him back. That character has stupid fly potential.

Anyway...

Don't write TChalla down in order to bring other characters up. Step up the other characters so they can do their own unique thing, and be appreciated as such. This book would be sooooo muuuch BETTER if such were the case.

Spit on brother S.I. I have said this before and I'll say it again. Coates story would of benefited from. A #0 showing what's going on. Show T'Challa, Angela, Ayo and the Hatut Zeraze uttk down fires, shoe a map in Wakanda of where all the uprising and such are at and how T'Challa had to divide his forces (explains low resources) show T'Challa going to the necropolis but don't show what's down there yet until #1 (builds suspense shows why T'Challa is so down).

Have Tetu using Zenzis power to influence the Wakandan people into uprisings and Tetu using his power's to cause havoc (upgrades them to credible threats, Zenzi has the power to influence a nation if Left unchecked, Tetu has the power to split a nation dowb if left unchecked) brings then to A list level threats.

Have T'Challa send Aneka and Ayo to the Village as he has i info of lecherous activity from the chieftain, given they are the MA, T'Challa entrusted them to bring in the chieftain, exhausted, they go there (unbeknownst to them, Zenzi is hiding in the village) she uses her power on Aneka, who snaps and kills the chieftain, thus sparking the Issue 1.

Coates could keep writing his story but just not nerf T'Challa. Tetu and T'Challas first encounter should of been a stalemate, Tetu knocks out the Hz, T'Challa throws tech and his superior h2h at him and then Tetu uses his magic to even the odds, this ends With T'Challa getting a good hit on Tetu and desperately he throws his vines at the HZ, distracting T'Challa enough to escape while he rescus them.

Establishes a threat worthy of T'Challa without chumping him. Brings the threats up to T'Challas level, and gives a more complex Story line without making T'Challa the uncaring scientists turned reluctant King who shows contempt towards his people and doesn't even want the job.

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2016, 02:31:32 pm »

But.

Anyway...

Spit on brother S.I. I have said this before and I'll say it again. Coates story would of benefited from. A #0 showing what's going on. Show T'Challa, Angela, Ayo and the Hatut Zeraze uttk down fires, shoe a map in Wakanda of where all the uprising and such are at and how T'Challa had to divide his forces (explains low resources) show T'Challa going to the necropolis but don't show what's down there yet until #1 (builds suspense shows why T'Challa is so down).

Have Tetu using Zenzis power to influence the Wakandan people into uprisings and Tetu using his power's to cause havoc (upgrades them to credible threats, Zenzi has the power to influence a nation if Left unchecked, Tetu has the power to split a nation dowb if left unchecked) brings then to A list level threats.

Have T'Challa send Aneka and Ayo to the Village as he has i info of lecherous activity from the chieftain, given they are the MA, T'Challa entrusted them to bring in the chieftain, exhausted, they go there (unbeknownst to them, Zenzi is hiding in the village) she uses her power on Aneka, who snaps and kills the chieftain, thus sparking the Issue 1.

Coates could keep writing his story but just not nerf T'Challa. Tetu and T'Challas first encounter should of been a stalemate, Tetu knocks out the Hz, T'Challa throws tech and his superior h2h at him and then Tetu uses his magic to even the odds, this ends With T'Challa getting a good hit on Tetu and desperately he throws his vines at the HZ, distracting T'Challa enough to escape while he rescus them.

Establishes a threat worthy of T'Challa without chumping him. Brings the threats up to T'Challas level, and gives a more complex Story line without making T'Challa the uncaring scientists turned reluctant King who shows contempt towards his people and doesn't even want the job.

But here's the thing.

Coatesverse Panther is the "uncaring scientists turned reluctant King who shows contempt towards his people and doesn't even want the job" so I remain thoroughly nonplussed as to why you or anyone else, remain suprised at this pont? 

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2016, 03:07:11 pm »

But.

Anyway...

But here's the thing.

Coatesverse Panther is the "uncaring scientists turned reluctant King who shows contempt towards his people and doesn't even want the job" so I remain thoroughly nonplussed as to why you or anyone else, remain suprised at this pont?

Well my point was more so how this story could of been 1000x Better while Keeping the same story. At this point I'm not surprised or expecting for anything good really. Just hope (in vain) that he will do something that's not

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2016, 07:41:28 pm »

But.

Anyway...

But here's the thing.

Well my point was more so how this story could of been 1000x Better while Keeping the same story. At this point I'm not surprised or expecting for anything good really. Just hope (in vain) that he will do something that's not

There ya go^^^.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2016, 10:43:26 am »
Quote from: MindofShadow;2355081

WoW #3

ROXANE GAY & TA-NEHISI COATES (W) • ALITHA E. MARTINEZ (A) Cover by AFUA RICHARDSON Variant Cover by NATACHA BUSTOS

DORA MILAJE NO MORE!

T’Challa betrays all of Wakanda, forcing Ayo and Aneka to make the biggest decision of their lives

Remember this is back in Hickman's run lol. So calm down

TALK ABOUT BEATING A DEAD ELEPHANT... WHILE I WANT TO BLAME HICKMAN'S GHOST FOR ATTEMPTING TO KILL T'CHALLA, I CAN'T CAUSE HICKMAN AT LEAST RETURNED EVERYTHING BACK TO VIRTUALLY STATUS QUO.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2016, 10:49:45 am »
A variant for BLACK PANTHER: WORLD OF WAKANDA #1.

I think they should have went high tech their version of the iconic Hollywood sign. This is Wakanda. None the less I like this cover.