Poll

Should the MCU Recast T'Challa the Black Panther

Yes, for an actor who will further the Black Panther tradition started by Chadwick Boseman
8 (88.9%)
No, because there is no MCU Black Panther without Chadwick Boseman.
0 (0%)
Too soon for me to say.
1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: FEAR OF A BLACK PANTHER - NEW Redjack Speaks!  (Read 69782 times)

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: FEAR OF A BLACK PANTHER - NEW Redjack Speaks!
« Reply #360 on: July 13, 2022, 10:04:26 pm »

Redjack

it's hard because, IMO at least, all of everyone writing and drawing these things is a fan too. But we don't own them and we're never driving the car without the Hand of Marvel (or DC) and whatever the company wants for the franchise (sometimes not actually told to us) on the wheel too.

I had actually written out a couple of lines of what I wanted to do for T'Challa and Shuri here in this post but I scrubbed it because I still have a tiny glimmer of hope I'll get to write some of it, some way, some day.

But, based on what the company obviously wants (nothing gets published they don't want) I'm pretty sure my pitches wouldn't fly. What I'm hoping for is to get to do a few more out-of-continuity one-shots or mini series that don't connect to whatever's going on in the main book. Not knocking whatever another writer's doing but none of it, for the last few years, is anywhere near what I'd do.

I do feel bothered by that sometimes (which is odd, considering how long I've been doing this job. You'd think I'd be more stoic about it.) but, end of the day, it may take several massive failures, both in the comics and in the movies for the company to rethink their aims for this part of the marvel universe.

Not sure I see either of those things happening.

Glad you're digging Blood Syndicate. #3 is going to be sick.

Maybe Storm. MAYBE.

otherwise, the best you'll get is a black female lead on a team book.

Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
Have you ever considered pitching a consistent What-If? Sort of like what Leah Williams did with her What-If: Magik and Doctor Strange: The End?

No but I did float the idea of continuing the PANTHER'S QUEST universe in comic book form with me as the writer. Hard pass.

Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #361 on: July 22, 2022, 09:37:01 pm »

Redjack
I think WS only ever fought Cap for about five minutes with Cap going full out. After the big reveal Cap was holding back in every fight because he was trying to save Bucky. By contrast, WS was going for the kill in every fight, every time.

WS is a second stringer compaired to cap and only gets over on him because Cap's not trying too kill anybody.

Cap and T'Challa are EQUAL as fighters and as enhanced humans. The difference between them is T'Challa WILL go for the kill stroke when he deems it necessary.

Any imbalance in their abilities you see in the movies that favors WS is because the movies aren't ever about putting a Black guy over a white guy if there's any way to avoid that. And there's usually a way.

Ant Man beat up Falcon.

As I said. The movies will never let a black guy be better than a white guy if they can avoid it. Equal is the best you'll get most of the time. The only white guys who are worse than black guys are SO much worse than the black guy that it's not even a fight. Check out Ross (joke character) and Klaw (joke villain). Contrast them ith their comic book counterparts. Well, Ross was always kind of a joke.

Well, that presupposes the Dora are regular humans. Remember, when it seemed there might be a conflict between the Widow (an enhanced being) and Ayo, a Dora, T'Challa was amused meaning he ASSUMES a Dora victory against an enhanced human. The Widow is basically the Winter Soldier without the bionics.

If there were no super beings on earth, they would be considered super beings. Wakandans are all (IMO) apex human specimens and the Dora are the best of them. The only superior fighter in the Kingdom would be the Black Panther him or herself.

IOW: Showing the Dora, so far, has been correct. T'CHALLA'S battles skills fluctuate depending on who he's fighting and who the film makers want to show as better. BP = CAP. WS is second tier WITH his arm. Without it? He wouldn't be able to take Iron Fist or Shang Chi, the Hand or any Dora Milaje.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #362 on: July 24, 2022, 08:02:35 am »

Redjack

Wakanda is an African utopia.

The Black Panther is its ruler.

There has not been a tyrannical ruler in Wakanda in living memory.

The end.

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #363 on: July 25, 2022, 06:13:32 pm »

Redjack

Wakanda is an African utopia.

The Black Panther is its ruler.

There has not been a tyrannical ruler in Wakanda in living memory.

The end.

There has not been a tyrannical ruler in Wakanda EVER. The very concept of Wakanda? Eliminates tyranny.

I agree with RedJack. And I'm supporting Blood Syndicate.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw