Poll

BP710 Story Ideas     Deadlines for selection: November 22, 2017

Death Be Not Proud-The final days of T'Chaka the Black Panther
1 (16.7%)
Lost in Space-The search for the Vibranium asteroid field
2 (33.3%)
Doomwar-The Black Payback: T'Challa v Doom as it should've been
0 (0%)
Black on Black violence-The on panel fight between the Black Panther and Black Dwarf
0 (0%)
Where is the Love-The romance of T'Challa and Ororo
0 (0%)
Sweat of the Panther-Steampunk Wakanda
1 (16.7%)
Beware Of Geek's Reply #4210 on: October 22, 2017, 07:39:29 am
1 (16.7%)
Battle's Supreme nomination  Reply #4208 on: October 22, 2017, 04:59:32 am
1 (16.7%)
Kickin' it with Kip Lewis Reply #4238 on: October 25, 2017, 08:21:20 pm
0 (0%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: November 22, 2017, 07:45:54 pm

Author Topic: BP710: THE PROTOCOLS - 2 MILLION VIEWS - Congratulations HEF!!!  (Read 2000713 times)

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: BP710: THE PROTOCOLS-REQUIEM IMMATURA
« Reply #5400 on: October 10, 2022, 07:49:44 pm »
I have a feeling M'Baku is going to come off as "toxic masculinity" and be the one to set off Namor when Ramonda, Shuri or whomever is going to try and sue for peace. I 100% would not be surprised if that is the case. They have gone all in on a 90% female cast, heavily skewing the once balanced cast of the first.

So M'Baku being an "ignorant male" would not surprise me in the least

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: BP710: THE PROTOCOLS - Black Panther: Unconquered #1 Preview
« Reply #5401 on: November 03, 2022, 09:23:10 pm »

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/11/03/exclusive-marvel-preview-black-panther-unconquered-1/

T'Calla the Black Panther should have arrived in time to save the priest (a literal answer to a prayer), that's what heroes do. The Black Panther throwing ninja stars is antiquated and ignores the fact that he has energy daggers for just that purpose. Asking Shuri for info unnecessary. Otherwise not a bad preview and T'Calla the Black Panther does look boss.

Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5402 on: November 04, 2022, 02:51:39 am »
Think they made a geographical mistake too. I don't think they can be in West Africa and 15 miles outside Wakanda. Lol
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #5403 on: November 08, 2022, 02:44:51 am »
While I hope this book is at least readable, I really hope it offers some depth and insight into the character. Scratching, kicking and taking gunshots is as beneath T'Challa the Black Panther as is Superman stopping bank robbers. Comic book T'Challa needs a serious upgrade and the logical path to such lies in his acting out his role as Black Panther - Emperor of the Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda.

This is where T'Challa's intellect is focused on developing tech that spans the cosmos; his political prowess put toward governing 5 galaxies; his martial skills tasked against aliens and entities far beyond those of mortal men; he has exotic travels and love interests; his role as Bas hur Baset's avatar and king of the dead explored in brilliant cosmic fitting awe. T'Challa the Black Panther, an ever evolving character in a universe of change and complexity.

The Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda (with some serious retconning) may be one of the best paths to redemption for the Black Panther we know as T'Challa.

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5404 on: November 09, 2022, 02:41:48 am »
It was okay. Writing and art felt stiff, like it was a comic they had to throw together at the last minute, just wanted to collect their paycheck and head home. It would probably have worked better as an episode of Panthers Quest.

Story potential is good. With more dynamic writing and art it would make a more interesting story than Coates' second arc and felt more organic to the franchise.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2022, 02:43:23 am by CvilleWakandan »
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: BP710: THE PROTOCOLS - Black Panther: Unconquered #1 Is Here!
« Reply #5405 on: November 09, 2022, 10:21:38 am »

BLACK PANTHER UNCONQUERED reads more along the lines of a Year One adventure due in large to Hill (like too many other writers of the Black Panther) delivering an unnecessarily, more naive T'Challa. Hill, again like his contemporaries, introduces new, one-shot, disposable, characters and adversaries instead of utilizing and upgrading T'Challa's existing roster of supporting staff and rogues gallery. With all that being said BLACK PANTHER UNCONQUERED was more enjoyable than what Ridley is writing. T'Challa was king, Black Panther and for the most part self sufficient, competent and above all else victorious.

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5406 on: November 11, 2022, 05:06:45 pm »
Looks pretty good. It's crazy to see good natural writing. Lol. Sorry for the size issues. Here is the link if you can't read it.

I really like the art too. The city feels more alive than under Acuna.

https://monkeysfightingrobots.co/marvel-comics-exclusive-preview-wakanda-2-mbaku-and-the-history-of-the-black-panthers/

« Last Edit: November 11, 2022, 05:14:06 pm by CvilleWakandan »
Reggie Hudlin-

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5407 on: November 11, 2022, 05:09:24 pm »

Reggie Hudlin-

Offline Mad Coco G

• I'm a villain
    • View Profile
Re: BP710: THE PROTOCOLS - Wakanda #2 Preview and Black Panther: Unconquered #1
« Reply #5408 on: November 13, 2022, 07:27:20 pm »
Better than the entirety of Ridley’s run

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5409 on: November 14, 2022, 03:34:36 am »
Better than the entirety of Ridley’s run

I agree. The story was action filled, with really, clean artwork. I hadn't seen this decisive T'Challa in so long it felt strange reading him. I read it shortly after finishing Evan Narcisse's Rise of the Black Panther so seeing these kinds of depictions were so refreshing.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5410 on: November 15, 2022, 05:14:08 am »
O thought this was an M'Baku exclusive issue, doesn't T'Challa show up? Or are you talking about unconquered?

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5411 on: November 16, 2022, 02:17:45 pm »
It's a pretty good issue. I might cut the dialogue down, but only having one issue he had to force as much content in as possible. A lot of good ideas that might work over a longer period.

History stories were good too.
Reggie Hudlin-

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: BP710: THE PROTOCOLS - Wakanda #2
« Reply #5412 on: November 17, 2022, 03:14:10 am »

While I like the idea of T'Challa being emperor of an intergalactic empire, what good is any of it if he does not act as ruler and engage in cosmic adventures? SMH.

The artwork is good i will say.

While this issue may be considered a good read by some, particularly in comparison to Ridley's abysmal narrative, like so many writers before him, (Coates specifically) Narcise remains incapable of escaping the suffering slave motif even in dealing with a futuristic cosmic spanning Afrakan empire.

Narcise pulls the same card from the deck, childhood best friend is the undercover villain. Must have read Ridley's.

The backup story is basically a one pager, plus one, a filler based on an inconsequential character.

If only such time and effort was devoted to T'Challa... written by creatives with the imagination and sensibilities to see the Black Panther's potential reached.

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: BP710: THE PROTOCOLS - Wakanda #2
« Reply #5413 on: November 17, 2022, 11:03:05 am »
The only way to fix that narrative is for Tchalla to go back in time and prevent the original ship from launching. Because if they pretend the past didn't happen or push it to the side in favor of more positive representation, the characters become similar to Confederates trying to deflect from history.

The backup character is important. With only a couple of panels of dialogue Mamando Fal(sp) became Coates's best original character(issue 14 in second story arc). Its interesting that they're making him a Jabari. That opens up a lot of room to write.
Reggie Hudlin-