Author Topic: Kraven from Wakanda in MCU?????  (Read 79 times)

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Kraven from Wakanda in MCU?????
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2019, 03:14:19 pm »
Sounds ridiculous and is most likely a fan rumor more than any studio rumor. Why would you need to tweak Kraven to make him from Wakandan for a Spiderman movie. That's a lot of extra hoops to jump through.

Someone probably took Cooglers' and Watts' interest in using the character and smashed them together. lol
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2019, 05:56:04 pm »
Sounds ridiculous and is most likely a fan rumor more than any studio rumor. Why would you need to tweak Kraven to make him from Wakandan for a Spiderman movie. That's a lot of extra hoops to jump through.

Someone probably took Cooglers' and Watts' interest in using the character and smashed them together. lol

It probably IS a ridiculous rumor, but I actually LIKE the notion of making Kraven Wakandan...despite the immediate death traps of racist stereotypes that spring up IMMEDIATELY with the notion of Kraven being from Wakanda. As many of you know, I really like Kraven and The Taskmaster. I think they're two of the most underused and some of my most favorite "street level" villains...along with my manz Arcade. Yes, Murderworld's Arcade. I have a list of now lesser known villains who have IN-CRED-IBLE potential imo. And anti-heros, sometimes hero/villain types too. Silver Sable is also one of my much slept upon favorites. Like the more villainous Gambit, and a fusion of Ultimate Longshot-Shattershot but minus the psychopathic tendencies. And the more honor flavored but definitely assassin centered Elektra, Bullseye, Boomerang and Silver Samurai. I love me some GORGON, too...the GORGON from The Hand, the Tomi Shishido Gorgon, not The Inhuman Gorgon.

In my fanfic? GORGON works with HELANA DAUGHTER OF HELA. In my fanfic, Hela raped Thor while Thor was passed out from one of his many extraordinary and literally Hel defying adventures...and instead of yielding a son like in The Ultimate Universe, she bore Thor a daughter.

GORGON and HELANA needed zero incentive to attack the group of heroes that BLADE and DR. VOODOO are temporarily aligned with. But I won't spoil more of my fanfic. Just realize? That T'Challa...my nonsuperhuman T'Challa, the OG T'Challa...faced GORGON and HELANA by himself, at some point in my fanfic.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 05:58:13 pm by supreme illuminati »
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2019, 06:20:22 pm »
As many of you know, I really like Kraven and The Taskmaster. I think they're two of the most underused and some of my most favorite "street level" villains...along with my manz Arcade. Yes, Murderworld's Arcade.

Arcade.  :) Heh.

First time I saw Arcade was in 'Uncanny X-Men' somewhere between #120 - 130; he clearly was a character created to attract readers that were into the video game/ pinball wave of the late 1970s.

Taskmaster was a sadist, a villain reflective of the S&M scene if memory serves.

Kraven was... well, a Hunter.  :-\