Author Topic: Black Panther - Enter the Phoenix - Man you come right out of a X Men comic book  (Read 184211 times)

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Aaron put out some serious Tchalla and Wakanda credentials in Avengers today. Lol
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
He also paid a nice Homage to Chad as well

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
Aaron put out some serious Tchalla and Wakanda credentials in Avengers today. Lol

Such as..?
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Supreme Illuminati asks the question... then a blinding light... and behold.  Ahhhhhhhh!

« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 08:12:43 pm by Ture »
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
I now want the helicarrier Boseman to forever be a mainstay defacto carrier T'Challas personal carrier and be just as dangerous if not more so than any other Wakandan vessel nyami motherships or the like. And for it to NEVER be destroyed

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
The Boseman Helicarrier would be a fitting tribute. The Wakandan helicarrier fleet could be seen as Wakanda working in conjunction with the world's governments to help insure a world peace keeping initiative.

However as of late, the Black Panther has become too littered with the concepts and ideas of others. The Hulkbuster...

The nanites needed to infiltrate a Wakandan coup d'état.

The cosmic harness to siphon the Silver Surfers power...

Thor's hammer...

While imitation is the sincerest form of flattery and these are indeed cool feats it would better serve the Black Panther if he had accomplished said feats in a more specific "Wakandan" matter. Not to mention the potential lawsuits and pending copyright infringements from Stark and Von Doom.

This brings us back to the comprehensive way Priest set up Black Panther as a mastermind of strategic politics and highly advanced espionage. These skills coupled with unparalleled technology allowed him to stay multiple steps ahead of his friends and enemies.

The N'Yami battle cruisers are a case in point.

Unique in design and multi purposed these ships should have remained a mainstay of the Black Panther mythos just like the Techno jungle should have. Like vibranium, both distinctively and conceptually belong to the Black Panther.

I prefer Wakanda interacting with the world from its own perspective and purposes. I prefer the Dora Milaje as two women warriors as potential wives for the king (husbands for the queen) rather than an army. After initially joining the Avengers to spy on them, what need was there for him to lead them? The Black Panther wouldn't join the Illuminati, he would have influenced and guided them. The Black Panther would have developed his (primarily Wakandan) Agents of Wakandan and his Wakandan Ultimates teams.

I prefer the Black Panther being seen as secretive, manipulative and at times even duplicitous by outsiders as he ever serves to protect and advance the Wakandan agenda.

WAKANDA FOREVER!

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
I agree with alot of what your saying. The helicarrier Boseman Should become a mainstay, I don't dislike the design of the Wakandan helicarriers and having them (with nyami motherships being THE biggest and most destructive power in the Wakandan airguard) be apart of the mythos with the Boseman being the "named" carrier is a great idea and tribute.

I agree that the hulk buster looking panther isn't preferred. I like TA hulks cover version better

At this point I disagree with the deal about the DM. I would rather he has a Black Queen separate from the DM. I agree that they shouldn't be a whole army but I think having them consist of 2 females from each tribe, who protect the royal family, essentially like the  secret service on steroids. With the HZ being essentially the Navy seals 10x.

T'Challa leading the Avengers makes sense at this point as well. His goal was to open Wakanda to the world so him leading the Avengers and backing them with the vast Wakandan resources is just smart and very priest like. Ultimates I would say that the team needed better members with them actually focusing on eliminating threats before they get to earth, and more often that not stopping the threat means throwing down with them.

AoW I agree should of had more Wakanda members. At this point I would turn AoW into a book focusing on a team of DM and HZ pulling high priority missions for Wakanda and the World guided by T'Challa.

T'Challa at this point and time should be a nice mix of Priest and Hudlin. Secretive and manipulative when he needs to be to allies and enemies like Priest version, but otherwise friendly to allies on a typical day to day basis like Hudlin version

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Besides the generic use of vibranium for tech and magic by those fortunate enough to obtain small amounts there isn't much else that is wholesale Black Panther that is in constant use in the MU. Stark on the other hand is pervading. Night hawk states in Avengers #41 that he is using an LMD. Black Panther needs some defining tech that others wish to copy for its share genius and utility. Black Panther also needs a long run with more than a few seminal stories for eminence.

The idea of T'Challa having two complimentary in-house love interests was intriguing and a little off center as I saw it, because he should have wound up marrying the two of them. Instead of the perpetual Betty and Veronica syndrome or the one girlfriend for life or the serial monogamist practicing bachelor, there was real opportunity to express inclusion and representation by showing an Afrakan centered polygamous relationship.

I mean if this is happening...

The Cyclops/Wolverine/Jean Grey love triangle is one of the most infamous (and annoying) parts of X-Men canon. Despite each of them getting involved in various other relationships and marriages over several decades, this love triangle frequently creates drama, especially during big events. In the Dawn of X relaunch, however, the three have seemingly finally transcended the love triangle and entered the next logical stage: A polyamorous relationship.

Many fans were excited to see this shift, but others expressed confusion at the concept of longtime rivals Cyclops and Wolverine 'sharing' Jean, or of all three being in an equally romantic and sexual relationship. Some have pointed out that the relationship may be the result of Xavier's telepathic influence. While this could be true, it's more likely that after decades of hiding their feelings -- from themselves and each other -- Logan, Scott, and Jean have finally come together in a healthy polycule.
https://www.cbr.com/cyclops-wolverine-jean-grey-polyamorous-relationship-makes-sense/

The Dora Milaje were a unique concept and upped the ante pass the all too blase traditional queen. The Dora Milaje also allowed for the exploration of an Afrakan male and female relationship not yoked by hedonistic sexual attraction and engagement. Writing such a relationship would require research and imagination but it could have been spectacular. The Dora Milaje being wives was a brilliant concept. Create the all female Wakandan army out of the Katikati ya Usiku Malaika (Mid Night Angels).

T'Challa should never have as a goal to open Wakanda to the world. It is short sighted and offers very little gain for his nation. Outsiders have bought nothing with them to advance Wakandan society. Anything the world outside of Wakanda can offer them can be purchased, politically negotiated or stolen if need be. Again Priest in his reluctant genius writing of Black Panther presented the ideal reason for T'Challa joining the Avengers.

What is smart about the Black Panther backing the Avengers with vast Wakandan resources and getting little to nothing in return? Remember what happened when Prince N'Jobu helped Klaw steal a quarter-ton of vibranium; King T'Chaka spoke at the Vienna International Centre; T'Challa offered to have Shuri remove the mind stone from Vision. All had detrimental effects on Wakanda and the Black Panther (both former and current). Cap, Thor, Hawkeye and Black Widow don't offer up vast resources and enjoy full membership and perks. Just ask Stark.

https://youtu.be/LoWLl3XEBdw

T'Challa's Mwisho (Ultimates) should be stationed on the Boseman Helicarrier monitoring deep space via interstellar satellites with Adam Beshear and Monica Rambeau at the ready. Agents of Wakanda (MCU) should be all about Wakanda's global spy network and interstellar information collective headed by the Chietan of the Hatut Zeraze. T'Challa the Black Panther needs to be the best of Priest, Hudlin, Liss and Aaron at this point and especially post Coates.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 07:21:28 pm by Ture »

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Supreme Illuminati asks the question... then a blinding light... and behold.  Ahhhhhhhh!

and they ask me why I like you so much, Brother Ture...this right here Is just one dazzling reason among many staggering reasons.

Who else thinks that Aaron has written a better PANTHER than anyone after RH has even come close to?

« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 10:59:48 pm by supreme illuminati »
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
As long as he was told to take T'Challa to the next level and out a deconstruction story of hold for the foreseeable future, I would be all for it

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Aaron has the attitude and the feats but has yet to demonstrate the depth needed to sustain a Black Panther solo. Afrakan centered, futuristically charged, politically engaging, fantasy enriched, mature super heroic world building Black Panther. Redjack has demonstrated in Panther's Quest that such could be done.

Am I asking for too much? I think not.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Aaron has the attitude and the feats but has yet to demonstrate the depth needed to sustain a Black Panther solo. Afrakan centered, futuristically charged, politically engaging, fantasy enriched, mature super heroic world building Black Panther. Redjack has demonstrated in Panther's Quest that such could be done.

Am I asking for too much? I think not.

Brother Ture, you are asking for nothing more than who and what THE BLACK PANTHER T'CHALLA is! And as you pointed out? Redjack straight MERKED it with his rendition. And the Redjack version? Is precisely the BP that will MAKE THE MOST $. I mean...combine Aaron plot, dialogue and feats with Redjack swag, feats, Blackness, plot, n allat? You have a MONSTER who could regularly outpace the benchmark for all of comicdom...BATMAN.

But Orlando Jones...post the blatant racism which robbed him of his role of Mr. Nansi on AMERICAN GODS...warned us in no uncertain terms that White Supremacy is so committed to its ideology that it will sacrifice its own financial best interests in order to hold up its racist tenets.

They can't hold us down, though. We are becoming not only angry but increasingly empowered and motivated.  And like Mr. Nansi said: "Anger. Gets. $h!t. DONE!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgOH-3vcWro

BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Courtesy of Redjack from the CBR. The serial box series he is writing:

Quote from: Redjack;5352646
[video=youtube;xjqtztdJCl0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjqtztdJCl0[/video]

Another reason why we need Redjack on the book/pointman for BP

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
I've listened to the first three chapters. It's like a traditional movie. The opening has action, but the following is pretty dull setting up the plot. I compare the writing style to a DS9 novelization I couldn't finished. Live action the episodes were really good, but the novel version added to much introspection to the main character. You'd think they were two different people. I didn't like it.
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
I said it in the CBR, I think these would be really good as comics or trade form. Live action or animation as well. I get what you mean about novels can get a little to wordy, but I am still going to check out and see how I like it. I like listening to it while I'm doing stuff