Author Topic: Black Panther Avengers #44  (Read 194490 times)

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
I've listened to the first three chapters. It's like a traditional movie. The opening has action, but the following is pretty dull setting up the plot. I compare the writing style to a DS9 novelization I couldn't finished. Live action the episodes were really good, but the novel version added to much introspection to the main character. You'd think they were two different people. I didn't like it.
I said it in the CBR, I think these would be really good as comics or trade form. Live action or animation as well. I get what you mean about novels can get a little to wordy, but I am still going to check out and see how I like it. I like listening to it while I'm doing stuff

My brilliant brethren, I must confess...these kinds of comments always rang a bit off to me. Imho, saying that a novel is too wordy is like saying that the ocean has too much water compared to a river. An Ocean is SUPPOSED to have more water than any other body of water; and a novel is SUPPOSED to have more words than any other written work  [except say: dictionaries or a series of encyclopedia, etc ].

Imho most good stories SHOULD NOT BE short stories. Short stories are good and imo a rightly cherished expression of art...but imo these shorter stories are the lesser expression of literary power in every regard. Just as the more powerful cinematic storyteller can weave together the stories of the Marvel Universe and have them almost seamlessly culminate in the powerful AVENGERS:ENDGAME, so too does the more powerful storytelling scribe weave together epic stories over longer, deeper, more complicated, oftentimes more character rich and more character populated events which inevitably result in a much superior, much more gratifying tale being told than anything that a shorter story or a short story could hope for.

Imagine Maat's 42 Confessions were hewn to 10. Imagine if The Bible's chapter count was cut in half. Imagine The Iliad was half its length. Imagine that The Romance of Antar was just...a Chapter of Antar. Imagine Stephen King's THE STAND as a book was cut in half. It wouldn't be THE STAND, it would be more like...THE SIT. And so would all of these other stories be fundamentally altered and quite clearly the far worse off for it.

In my opinion, anyway...
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Longer doesn't mean better if its boring
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

Facts. The given in this comment of mine is that it's NOT boring...but guess what? Shorter isn't better if it, too, is boring. Boring is boring my brother. I'm sure we agree on that point.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
I'm not saying novels should be short by any means, but I think what cville is getting at most likely is when a novel goes on and on in a particular tangent, so much so that it loses whatever momentum it had going or the set up for the plot is done in such a way that a huge amount of pages or time has to go into it and the story gets stale.

What comes to mind for me was when I read one of the lord of the rings books in highschool. At one point the book seemed to have gone into a story within a story and the tangent was so bad that I forgot where the book was even heading and I lost interest.

That being said, I am still going to pickup the serial series and check it out. I liked the first and I will see for myself how it progresses. I don't mind a build up for the plot so long as it gets going before the series is too far in to care

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

Facts. The given in this comment of mine is that it's NOT boring...but guess what? Shorter isn't better if it, too, is boring. Boring is boring my brother. I'm sure we agree on that point.

This would be better if they cut out the majority of the internal dialogue. In their efforts to make the characters real, they've made the story flow less interesting. Like Ezyo said, a animated version would be better. But I'm only through three chapters so it might get better. The problem is I have no desire to continue besides the fact that its Black Panther related. Lol

For those interested, it purchasable now for $10 on the serial box website.

Also keep in mind that Redjack only wrote part of the story.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 06:50:01 am by CvilleWakandan »
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
I'm not saying novels should be short by any means, but I think what cville is getting at most likely is when a novel goes on and on in a particular tangent, so much so that it loses whatever momentum it had going or the set up for the plot is done in such a way that a huge amount of pages or time has to go into it and the story gets stale.

What comes to mind for me was when I read one of the lord of the rings books in highschool. At one point the book seemed to have gone into a story within a story and the tangent was so bad that I forgot where the book was even heading and I lost interest.

That being said, I am still going to pickup the serial series and check it out. I liked the first and I will see for myself how it progresses. I don't mind a build up for the plot so long as it gets going before the series is too far in to care

I guess we're different. I read The Hobbit: The Unexpected Journey and loved it. That's what propelled me into TLOTR and...despite the drastic change in tone from the original more humorous The Hobbit. TLOTR was dope to me, and never lost its narrative direction to me in Junior High and High School...but I was a dedicated D&D nerd for 7 years by then, and a DM for nearly that long. I'd consumed tons of fantasy sword and sorcery books by then. All of Conan's works, all of the Robin Hood, Musketeers, etc works. All of Elric of Melnibone, all of Thomas Covenant The Unbeliever's books, most of Eric van Lustbader's books [ then I realized he was racist and stopped reading his books from that day to this one ] as well as [ of course ] almost all of the comics on Captain America, Spider Man, Thor, Batman, Superman, The Avengers, Daredevil, The X-Men, etc etc until that time. I also devoured tons of scifi...from Star Trek to HAVE SPACE SUIT WILL TRAVEL by Robert A. Heinlein [ and pretty much everything else by Robert A. Heinlein ].

Of course this was matched with me reading everything from Langston Huges, Claude McKay, and all of The Harlem Renaissance heads, to stuff like THE INVISIBLE MAN by Ralph Ellison, The Wretched of The Earth, A Raisin In The Sun, Revolutionary Suicide by Huey P. Newton, Sieze The Time, and every other book like it that I could find. I bet a number of my fellow HEFfas can relate.

When I was in junior high and high school? I was both giving my teachers hell and dealing with [ to the teenage Supreme Illuminati that I was back then ] what was both a surprising and strange "aloneness" which didn't make me "lonely". Something else that I bet many of my fellow HEFfas also experienced to some degree or another.

I was the only brutha in all Advanced classes in the entire school district. Because of my knowledge of multiple languages, Afrikan history and my utter willingness to annihilate my teachers right there in class when they followed the very racist teachings of the day and taught giant lies as if they were reflexive truths [ I remember getting kicked out of class to the Principal's office for pointing out that Lincoln was a racist and didn't free anyone. This was met by loud and long cries of disbelief by my teacher and my White classmates. But this was in 1983, and back then? Advanced History Books and Advanced Political Science Books used to come with a copy of The Constitution in the back of the book. I calmly read the 13th Amendment aloud...and the date of its creation, which was 8 months after Lincoln was murdered. "How," I asked the assembled furious class, "could Lincoln free my people when the Constitutional Amendment that my people made to free my people was created 8 months after John Wilkes Boothe killed Lincoln? Hmmm? Lincoln got a Time Machine in his top hat?"

That last barbed quip nearly started a riot in the class. Lol.

I wasn't done pissing them off by a long shot. I added to the above observations that not only did Pythagoras NOT create the theory he's famous for, he knowingly deliberately and maliciously plagiarized it from we Afrikans...and then having to pull out the map to prove that "Egypt" was in Afrika. My history teacher said that Egyptians knew of the 3,4,5 pyramid but the proofs of the pythagorean theorem are distinctly Pythagoras' own. I pointed out to him that the Djoser Pyramid was crafted in 2650 BCE...more than 2000 years before Pythagoras was born. On top of that? I pointed out that Pythagoras himself was what Greeks called "Ionian", meaning he was from what they now call Anatolia in present day Turkey.

Pythagoras himself wasn't even Greek. He was of Turkish blood.

And then I pointed out that the proof that we Afrikans knew the mathematical proofs wrongly claimed to belong to Pythagoras lies in the 3-D pyramid, a construct that requires SUPERIOR knowledge of pyramids than that which is offered by the plagiarist Pythagoras. Clearly a pyramid could not be constructed without knowing the relationship between hypotenuse and base, and most clearly the utterly brilliant, mind-blowing genius of the Afrikan pyramids displayed a huge mastery of multiple mathematical proofs, theorems, principles, etc. loooong before Greece existed.

I remember pointing out that World History didn't start in Greece but instead started in Afrika and when challenged on the point I pulled out my father's copy of ORIGINS by Dr. Louis S.B. Leakey, utterly astonishing my White and one Asian student classmates. I remember my teacher of the time trying to pile in one me and me not having it; I remember my White classmates telling me that: "...if you don't like America, why don't you just leave?!" and me responding with: "Wait. First? This whole hemisphere is "America" if you're going to go with the notion that naming a whole hemisphere after a genocidal thieving rapist racist and horrible human being like Amerigo Vespucci...the Portuguese Italian navigator who actually landed on these shores...is a good thing. I don't think it's a good thing. The fat that you do? Says a lot of not good things about you.

Second: You just acknowledged that what you were learning is both wrong and racist, but instead of correcting that which is wrong and racist you would rather continue being wrong and racist? You'd have me leave the entire country. You are out of your mind! Besides, my ancestors were here before you were and NONE OF US INVITED YOU OVER HERE. I got a fresh idea { back then? New York slang like "fresh" was new and in style }: if you don't like what I'm saying and don't have the heart and character to start telling the truth and stop being racist? YOU should leave. Why don't you Pinta Nina and Santa Maria yourselves back to Europe and leave the rest of the world alone?"

As you could probably guess? That didn't go over too well. Lol.

Several of my larger White classmates gathered until they were more than 12 deep and sought to intimidate me after class. The White classmates who'd gone to elementary school with me tried...to no avail...to explain to these new White classmates that fighting me was an incredibly bad idea. They didn't listen. Even though I was only 13, I'd been boxing and playing football for 11 years, and doing karate, tang soo do, and taekwondo for 7 years, shooting guns and bows and arrows for 2 years and street fighting for 9 years. I massacred 8 of the 12 guys before the remaining 4 could gather the wits to run. I ran each of them down and beat each of them down. I caught the last one right in front of Hale Jr. High's Principal's Office...and beat him like Toby getting revenge on the slavemaster. Then walked away without a second glance at the bloodied and crying failed bully...until Yard Duty swooped me up and took me inside The Principal's Office. Hahahaha.

I remember telling them that Shakespeare WASN'T the greatest writer in history and schooling the whole class...to mounting cries of disbelief...about The Romance of Antar. Then pointing out that both King Arthur AND the superheroes of modern day comics were borne from directly or indirectly copying Afrikan Gods; PLUS the original Asians were themselves Afrikans. And then? I hit em with the nuke.

I pointed out that Jesus was Black, too. And Christianity and all other faiths on this planet came from the original Maat system of Afrika, which remained an overall superior system to that which came after it.

This latter part got me kicked clean out of my history class for nearly a week and almost expelled from school. Had my father...himself a ph.d. in Psychology and the man who introduced me to much of the books I read...not come down there and used his genius to IQ those racists into subatomic particles? I would have been kicked out of school and not be pursuing two of my own ph.d's right now in my own right; I would probably be in jail or dead or leading a dead end life right this second ].

My bad...went off on a tangent there, like Cville said that long books tend to do...
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Yeah I will say this. I am on episode 9. The best issues are Redjacks 1, 7 & 8. The rest basically has T'Challa acting likes Coates T'Challa, doubting himself, full of "shame" distracted, and always complimenting on other's Genius but his own.

Redjacks writing is top notch and proves T'Challa did the heavy lifting. My problem is that after Redjacks set up the following writers are too focused on being like... Coates/ McGregor panther? Gets hit too much and monologues. Im torn.. Really Redjack should of been the one to do the whole series as it's hard to go from his version to the next with out feeling frustration and Coates vibes.

Redjacks panther is proactive, the others are reactive, even when he should be proactive. I'm not done yet but Redjacks episodes really show T'Challa runs the show and the supporting cast is hurting when he isn't there

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Yeah I will say this. I am on episode 9. The best issues are Redjacks 1, 7 & 8. The rest basically has T'Challa acting likes Coates T'Challa, doubting himself, full of "shame" distracted, and always complimenting on other's Genius but his own.

Redjacks writing is top notch and proves T'Challa did the heavy lifting. My problem is that after Redjacks set up the following writers are too focused on being like... Coates/ McGregor panther? Gets hit too much and monologues. Im torn.. Really Redjack should of been the one to do the whole series as it's hard to go from his version to the next with out feeling frustration and Coates vibes.

Redjacks panther is proactive, the others are reactive, even when he should be proactive. I'm not done yet but Redjacks episodes really show T'Challa runs the show and the supporting cast is hurting when he isn't there

I absolutely appreciate your comments above, because now I will only get episodes 1, 7&9...wheresoever Redjack goeth with BP? So shall I goeth. Wth is wrong with these other writers? Get them all outta here. ASAP. Why were they afforded the opportunity to bring their odious iterations anywhere near the multibillion dollar franchise of BP? Why in the hell..?

Oh, yeah. T'Challa is a Afrikan male taking no trash from nobody and not being upstaged by anyone for any reason...plus T'Challa does all the upstaging of everyone nearly all the time. That? Is too much positive Afrikan male goodness for "some people" to stand, and that includes the House Negroes.

Redjack should have peened al lthe issues. You're absolutely right. Or if someone else was let in on the writing chores? Should have been someone like RH, CJP, Ture. We would have had 9 issues of pure unfettered mind-boggling Afrikan excellence. No excuses, nothing held back. This would be a smash hit.

Instead? Coates and the Coates Wannabes have trashed it.
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

I absolutely appreciate your comments above, because now I will only get episodes 1, 7&9...wheresoever Redjack goeth with BP? So shall I goeth. Wth is wrong with these other writers? Get them all outta here. ASAP. Why were they afforded the opportunity to bring their odious iterations anywhere near the multibillion dollar franchise of BP? Why in the hell..?

Oh, yeah. T'Challa is a Afrikan male taking no trash from nobody and not being upstaged by anyone for any reason...plus T'Challa does all the upstaging of everyone nearly all the time. That? Is too much positive Afrikan male goodness for "some people" to stand, and that includes the House Negroes.

Redjack should have peened al lthe issues. You're absolutely right. Or if someone else was let in on the writing chores? Should have been someone like RH, CJP, Ture. We would have had 9 issues of pure unfettered mind-boggling Afrikan excellence. No excuses, nothing held back. This would be a smash hit.

Instead? Coates and the Coates Wannabes have trashed it.

You cant buy individual issues. It's all one story. Skipping around, the story wouldn't make sense.
Reggie Hudlin-

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Marvel Settles The Wolverine vs. Black Panther Debate

The Phoenix Tournament continues in Marvel's preview of the upcoming Avengers #43, pitting Wolverine and Black Panther against each other.

BY KEVIN ERDMANN

In a preview for Marvel Comics' upcoming issue of Avengers, a debate may just get settled over who would win in a fight between Wolverine and the Black Panther. Both characters are iconic heroes in the Marvel Universe, though they also embody and represent an age-old question that's long been held by fans: which Marvel metal is stronger, adamantium or vibranium? With the tournament of the Phoenix Force in full swing, Logan and King T'Challa will be pitted against one another as its hosts, potentially getting the opportunity to prove once and for all who wields the stronger fictional metal in Marvel Comics.

Wolverine's entire body and lethal claws are covered in the nearly indestructible adamantium thanks to experimentations done on him by Weapon X, while Black Panther's suit, weapons, and technology are derived from vibranium, the most valuable resource held by his nation of Wakanda. Both metals are incredibly powerful, and have respectively proven themselves as effective defenses, weapons, and tools multiple times in the Marvel Universe. Now, the Phoenix Force may actually help answer the question of which metal is the best and strongest, as it's been searching for a worthy host amongst several beings on Earth, forcing them to fight one another while providing them with portions of its power.

Logan and T'Challa are among the chosen contenders, and Avengers #43 will see the two forced to fight one another. While the Black Panther has already bested the Swamp Thing and the Squadron Supreme's Nighthawk, this issue marks Wolverine's first round wielding the power of the Phoenix. Avengers #43 is written by Jason Aaron with art by Javier Garrón, with the cover art from Leinil Francis Yu. Here's the preview images and synopsis for the issue from Marvel Comics, seemingly indicating that Wolverine may just be the victor with his adamantium:

AVENGERS #43
(W) Jason Aaron
(A) Javier Garron
(CA) Leinil Francis Yu

THE FIGHT TO BECOME THE ALL-NEW PHOENIX HEATS UP!
As the greatest heroes and villains of the Marvel Universe are trapped within the battle to decide the all-new Phoenix - a bloody battle that has narrowed to a handful of desperate combatants. Thor leads the rest of the Avengers in the fight to contain the Phoenix Force on Earth, in a quest complicated by the Thunder God's own mysterious connection to the cosmic firebird.

As the preview images reveal, Wolverine and Black Panther debate their respective metal's efficacy to deal with the power of the Phoenix, with each of them seeing their own as the superior alloy. While Logan recommends that T'Challa just tap out due to his adamantium's indestructible nature and extremely lethal claws, T'Challa counters that his own source of vibranium founded his kingdom, and that is has the power to absorb the Phoenix's power. However, it seems as though the Black Panther spoke too soon, as the Phoenix refuses to be contained by his vibranium suit. This provides Wolverine with the opportunity to deliver what looks to be a final strike, indicating that Wolverine and his adamantium will be the victor and that he'll advance to his next fight in the Phoenix Tournament as the issue continues.

The synopsis for Avengers #43 also reveals that only a handful of contenders remain as the Phoenix is narrowing down its choices to be its new host. Meanwhile, Thor will be leading the remaining Avengers who weren't or are no longer in the tournament, though the reveal in the previous issue that the Phoenix has claimed to be Thor's true mother is certainly going to complicate things. In any case, when it comes to the Phoenix Force, it looks like adamantium trumps vibranium thanks to Wolverine's apparent win over the Black Panther in the upcoming issue from Marvel Comics.

https://screenrant.com/avengers-preview-wolverine-black-panther-fight-vibranium-adamantium/

Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
If t'challa loses there, I don't hate it.

he was winning (in my mind) and the Phoenix intervened.

But I really doubt theyshow the end of the fight int he previews

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
If t'challa loses there, I don't hate it.

he was winning (in my mind) and the Phoenix intervened.

But I really doubt theyshow the end of the fight int he previews

I would definitely hate it if T'Challa lost. Especially BECAUSE he was winning, and he would mollywhop Wolverine in h2h.

But.

CJP BP and SI [ Supreme Illuminati ] BP? Would mollywhop Logan, but if CJPBP and SIBP lost? It's because CJPBP and SIBP in reality just PRETENDS to lose the battle vs Wolverine in order to take the knowledge he gained from being bound to Phoenix to achieve BP's REAL goal of [ whatever ] that readers aren't even aware of are his goals right now. It'll be a huge shock to the characters in the story AND the readers, as they learn a few issues later that BP has his eye focused on and a plan already in place to defeat/handle/benefit from/whatever the REAL threat and the REAL issue that BP had long known of and long been prepped for.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 09:35:03 am by supreme illuminati »
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
I doubt the fight is over, no way are they going to spoil the results of the fight in the preview. Also Ontop of that, why would the Phoenix be talking to T'Challa in the previous issue about ending the whole thing is he just accepted it?

Clearly it wants him and that much was made clear. Unless he is purposefully throwing the match I doubt it's over and if it is, well Marvel was foolish to spoil the issue before it even comes out (unlikely but stranger things have happened

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Loved what the Black Panther said to Wolverine, the right voice and very much in character.

I too do not think this was the conclusion of their contest. Phoenix cheating demonstrates she still has a preference for mutants apparently.

T'Challa should wind up defeating Logan. To me fighting Wolverine is just the appetizer for Black Panther, the main course and true battle lies in his engaging the Phoenix... and winning.

However for me, there will always be only one true Phoenix.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
S P O I L E R S!!!
But you know how I do... only the best parts!

B
L
A
C
K

P
A
N
T
H
E
R

Black Panther Ends Wolverine vs Black Panther Debate With a Smile!

Well damn, T'Challa got a vibranium grill, if that don't beat all.
Nuff said for real.

A solid win for the Black Panther.

Now lets be real,the only way T'Challa looses this match...

is some Black Panther lets Captain America win because BS. If Aaron stays true to his Avengers Black Panther he will have T'challa defeat Cap and have a plan for the Phoenix cause that's some real CJP level BP planning. Despite some nitpicking, overall, I have to say I'm enjoying Aaron's Avengers run.