Author Topic: Black Panther's Agents of Wakanda  (Read 99787 times)

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: WORLD WAR WAKANDA : Prelude to the Future - Black Panther Annual #1
« Reply #480 on: January 24, 2018, 09:42:38 pm »

WORLD WAR WAKANDA : Prelude to the Future - Black Panther Annual #1

This is what we should be talking about. This outstanding flyness right here. This Annual will be the only BP comic I will buy this year, unless Redjack, R to the H, or maybe Narcisse [ if he actually writes OUR TCHALLA ] takes over BP.

I concur SI. Coates comic book demise is at hand. The Black Panther movie is going to have writers of the BP comic books rethink their approach to T'Challa and Wakanda. Red Jack's BP cartoon series is going to drop soon, uping BP's animated profile and Evan Narccise' Rise of the Black Panther looks promising.

But for all those that need a reminder of the writer that made Wakanda an unconquered nation; the writer that created Shuri and put the family back together; the writer who bought together the Black Panther and Storm, the most potent power couple in the history of comic books via the Wedding of the Century.

The writer who showed an empowering historical account of Wakanda fighting the human trafficking of Afrakan people and the future shock of the Black Panther taking over the world... well that reminder will be here next month and I'm calling it a prelude. A prelude of future events that long needed to be seen and a prelude to the ultimate war.

Again, just a reminder... for those who needed it.
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #481 on: February 02, 2018, 01:26:13 am »
RISE OF THE BLACK PANTHER

All this plus the upcoming Black Panther Annual #1... Coatesverse is gonna be buried in February.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: February 02, 2018, 06:09:07 am »
I just realized he's wearing the coal tiger costume, or at least part of it!

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #483 on: February 02, 2018, 11:41:32 am »

Yea I noticed that too Kip. Evans is digging in the crates to ensure a most comprehensive coverage of all things Black Panther. This issue and those to follow need to deliver an inventive genius level, three steps ahead intellect; very impressive physical and technical feats; and undeniable victories over some A list heavy hitting antagonists. The flow and art are satisfying and thus far Rise of the Black Panther presents better than Coatesverse BP and would be a more congruent companion to the movie.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: February 02, 2018, 10:32:30 pm »

Yea I noticed that too Kip. Evans is digging in the crates to ensure a most comprehensive coverage of all things Black Panther. This issue and those to follow need to deliver an inventive genius level, three steps ahead intellect; very impressive physical and technical feats; and undeniable victories over some A list heavy hitting antagonists. The flow and art are satisfying and thus far Rise of the Black Panther presents better than Coatesverse BP and would be a more congruent companion to the movie.

Evan's already showed some prep and low key tech (Tchalla using the branch to take Down the Dora's despite the challenge arena being different locations specifically to prevent prep, the dagger emitting sand once S'yan blocked it) if Evans has Tchalla put a smack down on Doom, Namor, and WS then this come turn out to be just awesome

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #485 on: February 03, 2018, 01:36:18 am »

Evan's already showed some prep and low key tech (Tchalla using the branch to take Down the Dora's despite the challenge arena being different locations specifically to prevent prep, the dagger emitting sand once S'yan blocked it) if Evans has Tchalla put a smack down on Doom, Namor, and WS then this come turn out to be just awesome

I peeped that Ezyo. Evans is burgeoning on making a personal statement as a writer of the Black Panther. If sales dictate Coates staying on the BP title then all things maintaining the advancement of the BP, I can work with Evans doing a Rise of the Black Panther ongoing. World of Wakanda ongoing goes to Hudlin and gets a royal palate cleansing  with his year long arc World War Wakanda and last but not least, Priest does his thing with Black Panther and the Crew.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: February 03, 2018, 08:20:31 am »
I would say, let Priest write an Avengers story with Tchalla on the team. Redjack take the BP ongoing Evans on Rise, and Hudlin on BP WoW, Or Ultimates (and he can turn it into a Black Avengers book) because I think the Ultimates should still be a thing

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #487 on: February 03, 2018, 05:50:33 pm »
Did the Annual get released yet?
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Beware Of Geek

• View Profile
« Reply #488 on: February 03, 2018, 07:10:16 pm »
Release date is 2/21

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #489 on: February 03, 2018, 09:28:51 pm »
I would say, let Priest write an Avengers story with Tchalla on the team. Redjack take the BP ongoing Evans on Rise, and Hudlin on BP WoW, Or Ultimates (and he can turn it into a Black Avengers book) because I think the Ultimates should still be a thing

Now if you're talkin' no Coates... I see where u comin' from.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: February 03, 2018, 09:43:00 pm »

Now if you're talkin' no Coates... I see where u comin' from.

If Coates is staying then Evans on Rise, Redjack on Ultimates, Hudlin on BP WoW (which he can tell all types of stories like flags, a young Tchalla, eventually lead up to WWW) or since she is obviously going to be shackled to BP for a while right bp and storm
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 09:47:02 pm by Ezyo »

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #491 on: February 03, 2018, 09:58:47 pm »
Chris Claremont Thinks Black Panther's Marriage to Storm Was a Bad Idea, and He's Right
Charles Pulliam-Moore

Because comic books are basically just illustrated soap operas with much more realistic plot lines (fight me), superhero weddings are always something of a Very Big Dealôóthe sort of big to-dos that get turned into semi-major events. Take, for example, the marriage between the X-Menís Ororo Munroe and TíChalla, the king of Wakanda.

Storm and TíChalla tied the knot in Reggie Hudlin, Scot Eaton, Kaare Andrews, and Klaus Jansonís Black Panther #18 from 2006óand as you might expect, the entire ceremony was a spectacle. Everyone who was anyone from across Marvelís comics universe travelled to Wakanda to watch as the mutant weather goddess made an honest man out of TíChalla and, all in all, the wedding was... as outsized and garish as you might expect a superhero wedding to be.

Obviously, the team working on Black Panther at the time wanted you to believe that Storm and TíChalla had found their happily ever after in matrimonial bliss with one another, but because comic books are basically just illustrated soap operas, there was no chance in hell their union was ever going to last. Eventually, Storm got swept up in the events of Avengers vs X-Menóan event that saw a large swath of Wakanda obliterated thanks to a giant wave created by Namorówhich in turn led to TíChalla deciding to unilaterally annul their marriage in front of the whole country.

It was a messy and abrupt ending to a relationship that was billed as being one for the ages and honestly? It felt... wrong. Itís difficult to pinpoint exactly what felt weird about Storm and TíChallaís relationship, but from Chris Claremontís perspective, it all boils down to the fact that each of them is too big a personality to pair up. When we spoke with him recently, he was candid about his general feeling that the two of them probably shouldnít have tied the knot:

Well, the problem I have with it is, who gets top billing?

Because thatís the function of a kingís wife is to produce little princes and pricessees, right? The first thing that Charles and Diana did was have a child.

Their job was to have babies and be guarded and I think the challenge with any marriage relationship in comicsóbut especially a marriage of leading characters in comicsóis answering the question: ďWhat comes next?Ē Does Ororo become a supporting character in TíChallaís book? Does TíChalla become a supporting character in Ororoís book? How do you strike a balance between them? What do you do five years down the line? Because the practical reality is that the audience gets older, the creator gets older, but the characters canít get older and the moment you bring a child into it, that automatically marks time.

Claremont makes a very, very good point. Though Storm and TíChalla are no strangers working with one another from time to time, their respective duties as heroes on different teams most often have them on opposite ends of the globe (if not the universe), dealing with all manner of reality-threatening events. Stormís mainly concerned with the fact that mutantkind seems to nearly go extinct every other month, while TíChallaís been busy trying to hold Wakanda together in the midst of an a political uprising.

Put simply, Storm and TíChalla both lead lives far too action-packed and time consuming to even entertain the idea of a casual fling with a nearby teammate, let alone a full-blown marriage. As difficult as it was to watch the two of them fall apart, it was almost certainly for the best.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/chris-claremont-thinks-black-panthers-marriage-to-storm-1822598048

This demonstrates the extreme lack of vision for the union of Black Panther and Storm. Two big? Who gets top billing? Ridiculous. In the comic book world, marriage can be whatever the writer conceives it to be. Teaming up big names is no problem... ever hear of Beyonce and Jay Z; Will and Jada. How about World's Finest? Matter of fact team books pride themselves putting together the most popular A listers.

The real questioned asked is should be who is blocking Storm's top billing in X-Men?

Maybe Evans could write a Storm and Black Panther romance...
Rise of the Black Panther 2...Tempest.

Yea, T'Challa gets top billing.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 12:24:40 am by Ture »

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #492 on: February 03, 2018, 11:42:48 pm »
Chadwick Boseman & Lupita Nyong'o Feud Over X-Men's Storm In 'Black Panther' Sequel
By BRANDON DAVIS

Though Black Panther director Ryan Coogler has had little time to think about bringing X-Men character Storm into a Black Panther sequel, Chadwick Boseman and Lupita Nyong'o have put plenty of thought into such a move and, like Wakanda, they're not fond of outsiders.

ComicBook.com first asked Boseman if he wants to see the Ororo and T'Challa relationship fans are so very fond of. "Are you trying to break up my relationship with Nakia?" Boseman asked in response. "It sounds like that's what you're doing right now."

Boseman, who is as loyal to his co-stars as Letitia Wright when asked if she wants a standalone film, was quick and wise to suggest sending the same question to Nakia actress Nyong'o. After all, this first Black Panther film offers up a relationship between T'Challa and Nakia which neither character may be eager to give up. "Have you talked to Lupita yet?" Boseman asked. "I challenge you to ask her that question."

Nyong'o was a territorial about her character's man as can be! "I'm not happy to talk about this, at all! I feel very territorial," Nyong'o said. "That's my king!"

As it turns out, Nyong'o and Boseman have already discussed the possibility of Storm coming to Wakanda for a Black Panther sequel in a steal-your-man situation. "I've already told him, he better not have that," Nyong'o said. "He will have a problem on his hands."

For now, fans can look forward to exploring the relationship between T'Challa and Nakia in the first trip to Wakanda set to hit theaters later this month.

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/02/01/black-panther-storm-tchalla-nakia-boseman-nyongo-/

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: February 04, 2018, 12:20:14 am »
Chadwick Boseman & Lupita Nyong'o Feud Over X-Men's Storm In 'Black Panther' Sequel
By BRANDON DAVIS

Though Black Panther director Ryan Coogler has had little time to think about bringing X-Men character Storm into a Black Panther sequel, Chadwick Boseman and Lupita Nyong'o have put plenty of thought into such a move and, like Wakanda, they're not fond of outsiders.

ComicBook.com first asked Boseman if he wants to see the Ororo and T'Challa relationship fans are so very fond of. "Are you trying to break up my relationship with Nakia?" Boseman asked in response. "It sounds like that's what you're doing right now."

Boseman, who is as loyal to his co-stars as Letitia Wright when asked if she wants a standalone film, was quick and wise to suggest sending the same question to Nakia actress Nyong'o. After all, this first Black Panther film offers up a relationship between T'Challa and Nakia which neither character may be eager to give up. "Have you talked to Lupita yet?" Boseman asked. "I challenge you to ask her that question."

Nyong'o was a territorial about her character's man as can be! "I'm not happy to talk about this, at all! I feel very territorial," Nyong'o said. "That's my king!"

As it turns out, Nyong'o and Boseman have already discussed the possibility of Storm coming to Wakanda for a Black Panther sequel in a steal-your-man situation. "I've already told him, he better not have that," Nyong'o said. "He will have a problem on his hands."

For now, fans can look forward to exploring the relationship between T'Challa and Nakia in the first trip to Wakanda set to hit theaters later this month.

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/02/01/black-panther-storm-tchalla-nakia-boseman-nyongo-/

Smart. Tchalla doesn't need to save Storm.
X office needs to be better. As for Claremonts statement, it's stupid, storm had nothing going on till Hudlin got ahold of her and actually made strides to get her out and do more. People criticize home yet give the x office a free pass to ride the waves of nostalgia for 2 decade's while relegating her to wallpaper status and occasionally shooting a lighting bolt.

At this point long live queen Nakia. I hope she gets a redemption arc and comes back as the Real LI in the comics

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: February 04, 2018, 03:05:23 am »
Release date is 2/21

That'll be a nice Birthday present for me then.  8)