Author Topic: Black Panther's Agents of Wakanda  (Read 144326 times)

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Black Panther's Agents of Wakanda
« Reply #915 on: March 18, 2020, 10:04:50 am »
Off panel or one panel retribution not cutting it in comics. Should be common sense! After all the ish Doom pulled, especially with Storm, he deserved an epic, full page if not two page beat down! Imagine CJP's T'Challa vs Killmonger, but more one-sided after T'Challa disables Doom's armor defenses using Shadow Physics and precedes to beat it off of him so bad that Storm pulls him off of Doom to keep him from slaughtering the Latverian. That's what I wanted! That's what was owed! Marvel, you still have red in your ledger!

My Two Cents!

Peace,

Mont

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #916 on: March 18, 2020, 05:22:53 pm »
This reminded me of how in Maberry's run they would have the marriage be controversial for some Wakandans. It fed into the Desturi movement. I still think that felt organic to me, though I am far less of a BP head than most of you all. And that questioning of Storm because she was an outsider (see Meghan Markle today) wasn't something that felt off. I do feel it was part of building the breakup. Because DoomWar didn't leave BP & Storm, BP, or Wakanda in a stronger place. It got the deconstruction ball going. If Maberry's run had, and it could have, and should've, ended with Doom decisively defeated, BP back on the throne and Storm at his side, I could more readily see Liss's run being the start of the decline. But they didn't do that. Doom was the star, if not protagonist exactly, of "DoomWar" and BP took a backseat in his own supposed series.

This is an excellent point, well made and dead on the money underlining Marvel editorial's short-sighted failure to adequately support T'Challa The Black Panther! Clearly favoring Doom, likely in anticipation of Hickman's meandering TROpus, they strangled Maberry's intentions to make sure Doom was viable for Hickman's plans. When you consider BP's now a globally recognized and appreciated Marvel protagonist compared to Doom's much more innocuous cinematic profile, not ending DoomWar with Doom decisively defeated and BP back on the throne with Storm at his side, was extremely short-sighted! I know Maberry to be a decent man and a talented writer. I think he tried. I believe him when he said Marvel didn't want Doom stomped. But Doom could have taken a righteous loss from T'Challa and rebounded. That's what villains are for. DoomWar failed because Marvel lacked the courage to do the right thing and the foresight to see how well T'Challa could be received as a protagonist.

My Two Cents!

Peace,

Mont

They pulled that "Noble Negro" isht again with BP. T'Challa is always getting those pyrrhic victories will those real losses mount up. Ant-Man got his against Doom. Squadron Supreme got theirs against Namor.

BP? No chance.

This is a very, very telling point imo. I completely agree. As much as I admire Hickman's writing prowess, it's very clear to me that he doesn't see T'Challa as being capable of defeating Doom straight up with a clear and decisive victory on T'Challa's side. Even though he cleverly had T'Challa pull a distracting tactic which "reeks of machination" on Doom on BATTLEWORLD that fell in line with CJP saying that if Batman and CJP BP fought he'd have Batman win...so T'Challa could accomplish what T'Challa was really after [ a truly telling sign of superior misdirection and manipulation from T'Challa's superior intellect which SHOULD RESULT IN A SUPERIOR CLEAR CUT VICTORY ] we didn't get to see T'Challa get a clear cut victory on panel against anyone of major stature except Namor in Hickman's entire run.

Maberry? Had no excuses. And neither do I, for backing him. I was taken in by his potential and the fact that RH had a interview saying nice things about Maberry [ standard industry good manners I suppose now as I look back in retrospect ], but most especially as a "martial artist"? Maberry should have had T'Challa drag Doom. Drag. Him. After a epic tech showdown between the two wherein T'Challa shows himself to be Doom's superior, finishing with forcing Doom from his suit for the h2h beatdown that T'Challa gives Doom.

Unlike most people, I think that Doom...especially Doom...is a good h2h combatant. Doom shouldn't be chumped out here. He should be shown to be skillful. T'Challa should verbally acknowledge Doom's skill while blocking and acrobatically evading everything that Doom has, then beat Doom to the brink of death. Storm, Shuri and Ramonda should arrive and Storm stops T'Challa from killing Doom live in front of the entire world...which would make the [ White ] world more afraid of Wakanda now than they are of Latveria and Doom.

And while Storm pulls T'Challa off of Doom, Shuri kicks Doom, dropping Doom into an unconscious heap.

While Storm is talking T'Challa out of killing Doom? T'Challa's keen senses kicks in and he suddenly leaps and forces Storm, Shuri, and Ramonda to the ground...and just out of the path of a destructive purplish blast.  Doom--now semi-conscious, showing almost mutant level abilities of recuperation and his infamous iron will-- pops up and continues attacking. Doom says he would have teleported away but there's some strange field stopping him for the nonce, which he rightly attributes to some hyperprep tech that T'Challa unleashed to keep him from fleeing before T'Challa entered the field of battle to engage. Doom says this force field of T'Challa's will prove T'Challa's undoing because Doom will unleash doom on BP'S family. That's when Doom unleashes a fiercely potent mystic blast to destroy them all.

Storm, Shuri and T'Challa evade the blast meant for them. Shuri hurls tachyon bombs at Doom, which Doom defends against. He counters with a magic surge that Storm...summoning her magical heritage...manages to slow enough for Shuri to summon a multidimensional variance force field to deflect.

That's when T'Challa acrobatically breaks almost every bone in Doom's body. Recalling the warning by Storm T'Challa relents at the last second before snapping Doom's neck, reasoning that humiliation and imprisonment in Wakandan prisons as handed to him by T'Challa in front of the world is a fate far more terrible and heinous for Doom than mere death was. Doom would have to live with the reality of his inferiority and the superiority of T'Challa, the Wakandan Royals and Wakanda every day of his long, menial, demeaning, meaningless life.

And then Ramonda clicks a button on one of her pearls, which calls down a disintegration beam from one of Wakanda's attack satellites to destroy Doom in front of everyone. And Ramonda says: "THAT'S for Wakanda, the people of the world whose lives you menaced, The Desturi and S'Yan!"

A grateful world thanks T'Challa and Wakanda, but this same world is now terrified of what Wakanda can do. As a compromise against making the incredibly stupid attempt to invade Wakanda [ AGAIN, because they surely didn't learn their lessons with the mechzombies from R to the H's first arc which T'Challa should directly reference and thus bring WHO IS THE BLACK PANTHER into 616 continuity ] Tony, Professor X Reed and Cap gather amongst themselves to consider how they can make T'Challa more amenable to their ask of T'Challa: which is to ask T'Challa to ask Ramonda to go to trial for the murder of Doom.

Professor X, when asked, specifically states that he's never been able to get a read on T'Challa. Neither has any other telepath he knows, including Rachel and Jean when they were Phoenix.

Doctor Strange chimes in with the fact that T'Challa is wreathed round with formidable magic protection, and were Strange to seek to magically acquire knowledge from or seek to read T'Challa in any way, T'Challa would more than likely note this attempt and respond in distinctly unfriendly manner.

Cap...ever the honorable optimist...says that T'Challa is the most honorable man he's ever known. Surely T'Challa would see this compromise is for the best for everyone, and our best chance at keeping the peace.

Tony...perhaps knowing key elements of T'Challa better than everyone present... says that there is no way that T'Challa will go for this. Shuri in all likelihood would be equally adamant, and neither monarch would seek to replace Queen Ramonda as a surrogate for the UN "trial"...even though all 3 would know that said "trial"  is essentially a formality. Ramonda isn't REALLY going to be convicted, but the other governmental powers want to know that they collectively can hold Wakanda responsible if Wakanda goes rogue.

Cap asks Professor X if Storm can talk T'Challa into the ask. Xavier acknowledges that if anyone can ever budge T'Challa from a given position, it's Storm. But Storm is still Queen of Wakanda, AND the incarnation of the harmonious world that humans and mutants together can build. The chances are very high that she would see this situation as the supercapes entertaining the fears of chronically fearful, chronically corrupt politicians who will ALWAYS FEAR WAKANDA NO MATTER WHAT WAKANDA DOES. There's no reason to believe that the FEARS they have will halt, and once the path of appeasing their fears is trod upon? Said path never ends, even with complete Wakandan submission to world authorities.

T'hey try anyway...and T'Challa absolutely refuses. He reminds these ingrates that Wakanda has stood in guardianship over this world against every manner of threat, terrestrial, interdimensional, godly, demonic, and/or otherwise since long before any other human civilization was remotely thought of. Furthermore, T'Challa already PERSONALLY heeded such a call when these same powers were fearful after T'Challa's two step with Atlantis and Deviant Lemuria threatened the world with WW3. He showed and proved his rectitude, then [ referencing CJP's run ] and showed PERSONALLY at their requested hearing purely as a gesture of respect for these combined world powers spear headed by the USA.

That was a one time gesture. Won't happen again. At no time. No. Time. Will Malkia Mkuu [ Great Queen ] Ramonda...who has saved the world and this galaxy far more times than anyone else alive on this planet...be paraded before these fools in response to their craven summons. At no time will Wakanda ever. Ever. Ever. Bend the knee to the fears, their corrupt politics, and whims of a collective which...if left to their own devices...would have themselves led the world into utter decimation destruction and ruin, were it not for the actions of people like T'Challa and The Avengers themselves. They have no moral authority nor have they proven themselves to be sage leaders; quite the opposite, in fact. FOR MILLENNIA IN A ROW. If they were in any way genuinely competent? They wouldn't need the supercape community to protect them from their own consistent and oftentimes fatal flaws.

Tony, Strange,X, Reed and Cap try to talk T'Challa out of his position. Nothin doin. These same worthies turn around and strenuously advise the UN against taking any kind of overt military or even covert intelligence gathering offensives vs Wakanda. Nothin doin.

Next act?

WORLD WAR WAKANDA.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 05:42:20 pm by supreme illuminati »
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: March 19, 2020, 11:22:27 am »
KingNomarch from CBR.

Wakandan Zord making an appearance?

Quote from: KingNomarch;4895316

EMPYRE: THE INVASION OF WAKANDA #2 (OF 3)

Jim Zub (W) • LAN MEDINA (A)

COVER BY Dustin Weaver

VARIANT COVER BY KIM JACINTO

WAKANDA UNDER SIEGE!

• Alien weapons, psychic spirits, ancient magic — T’Challa prepared for war, but not even he could have foreseen the forces now brought to bear against his homeland.

• If the Great Vibranium Mound is lost to these invaders, our planet will follow…

• Yibambe!
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: March 19, 2020, 12:47:43 pm »
KingNomarch from CBR.

Wakandan Zord making an appearance?

Quote from: KingNomarch;4895316

EMPYRE: THE INVASION OF WAKANDA #2 (OF 3)

Jim Zub (W) • LAN MEDINA (A)

COVER BY Dustin Weaver

VARIANT COVER BY KIM JACINTO

WAKANDA UNDER SIEGE!

• Alien weapons, psychic spirits, ancient magic — T’Challa prepared for war, but not even he could have foreseen the forces now brought to bear against his homeland.

• If the Great Vibranium Mound is lost to these invaders, our planet will follow…

• Yibambe!

I feel Zub will throw this in there. He has been pretty up on T'Challa using tech in AoW so I expect this to make an appearance.

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: March 19, 2020, 06:33:23 pm »
...T'Challa should verbally acknowledge Doom's skill while blocking and acrobatically evading everything that Doom has, then beat Doom to the brink of death. Storm, Shuri and Ramonda should arrive and Storm stops T'Challa from killing Doom live in front of the entire world...which would make the [ White ] world more afraid of Wakanda now than they are of Latveria and Doom.

And while Storm pulls T'Challa off of Doom, Shuri kicks Doom, dropping Doom into an unconscious heap...

This, I would've loved to see! I could also imagine someone retconning Storm and T'Challa's enullment as an eloborate ruse perpetrated by the couple, working stealthily as they did against the Skrulls in "See Wakanda and Die" to allow Storm to adequately gather intel (spy) and assess mutant threats to Wakanda, ala T'Challa's impetus for joining the Avengers.

IDK, One can dream right?

Peace,

Mont

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: March 20, 2020, 12:16:56 am »
...T'Challa should verbally acknowledge Doom's skill while blocking and acrobatically evading everything that Doom has, then beat Doom to the brink of death. Storm, Shuri and Ramonda should arrive and Storm stops T'Challa from killing Doom live in front of the entire world...which would make the [ White ] world more afraid of Wakanda now than they are of Latveria and Doom.

And while Storm pulls T'Challa off of Doom, Shuri kicks Doom, dropping Doom into an unconscious heap...

This, I would've loved to see! I could also imagine someone retconning Storm and T'Challa's enullment as an eloborate ruse perpetrated by the couple, working stealthily as they did against the Skrulls in "See Wakanda and Die" to allow Storm to adequately gather intel (spy) and assess mutant threats to Wakanda, ala T'Challa's impetus for joining the Avengers.

IDK, One can dream right?

Peace,

Mont

WRITTEN YEARS AGO IN MY FANFIC "EXPLANATIONS"

HIGH PRINCE AND ESTEEMED BLACK PANTHER UNCLE S'YAN SPEAKING TO HIS NEPHEW AND T'CHALLA'S HALF BROTHER D'CIGSWAYO AKA "D'CIGGS", TWIN OF SHURI AND LEADER OF THE KIFALME SHUJAA HESHIMA..."HEROES OF ROYAL HONOR"...THEY WHO'RE MISCALLED BY THE WEST BY THE DOOFUS NAME OF "THE BLACK MUSKETEERS"

"...Correct my nephew. However, I believe that Ororo is working these complexities out, on her own. She is remarkably intelligent, incredibly intuitive, and is directly connected to the Ka, Ba, and Akh--the continuum of the Life Force--of not just this planet but some speculate that she is connected to Ka, Ba and Akh anywhere and everywhere. This unique spiritual depth of hers is what makes her a special target of great desire for creatures like Dracula, Hela, and yes; even Loki. If this is the case? Then she immediately noted that Doom slaughtered only LMD's [ wreathed round with quasi-Ba Life Energies in order to fool Doom's paranoid incessant checks and re-checks ] of myself and other high ranking and Royal functionaries; and all of her subsequent actions are proof of her unwavering desire to protect Wakanda and her people. She is deliberately selling the cover story that we created; even to her X-Men. This same intimate connection with Ka would reveal to her the spiritual differences between the heavily doctored Vibranium of the super zombie reality and the undoctored Vibranium of our Wakanda.

T'Challa told me without an ounce of doubt that he believes that Ororo worked out the particulars of his scheme and all of the other particulars which you and I discussed thus far, nephew, before he and Shuri neutered Doom as the entire world watched..."

LATER IN THAT SAME CONVERSATION...

"...Stay focused, nephew. We are speaking of Ororo. What else does she not know?"

"She doesn't know that Namor simply flooded a Quantum Illusion of Wakanda...the same Quantum Illusion that TChalla has taken all Outworlders to visit, when he spoke of taking them to "Wakanda". And he never lied, for he neve specified WHICH "Wakanda" he was taking them to visit. For no Outworlders save Ororo, Hunter, Monica Lynn, and Captain America have ever set foot in Wakanda proper. As The Panther God has commanded. And TChalla works feverishly at keeping that illusion alive, complete with a mixture of actual Wakandans, Life Model Decoy Units, and an entire fully functional hyperadvanced faux Wakandan civilization located at a place far from where our actual Wakanda is. How could he fool Ororo? Probably with the same KaTech that would be utilized should the Zombies ever menace us; by generating a genuine biofield over synthetic nonliving LMDs and quasi-real energy and carbon based simulacrums."

"Correct again, my nephew. Or at least...correct at some point in time in the past. Once again, Ororo's incredible connection to Ka is well documented, and her connection is even more potent here in her homeland of Africa. Here, in Africa, she is at her spiritually most potent. Her spirit acquires and maintains its greatest level of equilibrium at this point in her personal evolution. As Shuri made clear some time ago, Ororo may literally be our Queen In Exile; protecting Wakanda from all Outsiders. Even her fellow X-Men. With her silence, and her subsequent heroic actions..."
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 12:28:21 am by supreme illuminati »
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: March 20, 2020, 01:52:47 pm »
You brother SI have long been one of our most clever and imaginative OG's!

Peace,

Mont

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: March 20, 2020, 08:41:26 pm »
You brother SI have long been one of our most clever and imaginative OG's!

Peace,

Mont

BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #923 on: April 14, 2020, 01:18:08 am »

courtesy of CBR's KingNomarch

While this is from the third issue of Empyre: Avengers tie-in, KaZar and Zabu made it feel right at home here.
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #924 on: April 26, 2020, 09:16:32 pm »

There's No Issue of the Agents of Wakanda Ongoing in Marvel's May Solicits

This May, Wakanda is invaded by a super-mega-crossover event tie-in as Marvel publishes Empyre: The Invasion of Wakanda #1 (of 3). It's written by Jim Zub, writer of the Black Panther and the Agents of Wakanda ongoing comic, drawn by Lan "Funky Cold" Medina, the artist for the book's first story arc, and stars the team as well.

EMPYRE: THE INVASION OF WAKANDA #1 (OF 3)
Jim Zub (W) • LAN MEDINA (A) • COVER BY Dustin Weaver
VARIANT COVER BY DAVID NAKAYAMA
The heart of Wakanda — its mighty store of Vibranium — comes under threat as the villains of EMPYRE launch their invasion of Earth!
Black Panther's Agents of Wakanda form the front line against the alien invasion, but the enemy's powers are vast and unknown. With T'Challa off fighting alongside the Avengers, General Okoye is in charge — and even with the superhumans are her disposal, she may find herself outmatched.
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

What's not in Marvel's May solicitations is a regular issue of the Black Panther and the Agents of Wakanda ongoing, the eighth issue of which hits stores in April. The Amazon listing for the book's second trade paperback claims to collect issues #6-10, and that hasn't changed. So what does it mean? Perhaps the book was originally meant to tie-in with Empyre but someone at Marvel realized it would sell better with a new number one issue. Or maybe the book is on hiatus while the Empyre crossover is happening and will return. Or maybe it's switched to a mini-series format. Or maybe it's not coming back at all.

We reached out to Marvel for comment and we'll update this article if we learn more.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/theres-no-issue-of-the-agents-of-wakanda-ongoing-in-marvels-may-solicits/

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: April 27, 2020, 11:42:39 am »
I'm loving the throwback to Priests habit with the Force push. Looks cool.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #926 on: May 08, 2020, 01:02:09 pm »
Marvel Comics Plan to Ship Again At the End of May. And Their Plan Is the Most Logical
BY ROMAN COLOMBO

It’s been over a month since we’ve seen new Marvel comics, but the wait might be ending soon. Marvel announced a plan to ship comics again starting May 27th. However, their plan isn’t to release too much at once, nor will they release comics every week, such as DC will. When they do come back, Marvel Comics is making sure that their plans can readjust smoothly. You know, in case we have to lockdown all over again because certain states count WWE as an essential service (Florida. It’s always Florida). Currently, these are their plans:

When Marvel Comics Ship Again, they Plan to Alternate Weeks

Alternate what, exactly? Comics and graphic novels. One week we’ll see several comics released that they had postponed, and then we’ll get graphic novels and trade paperbacks the following week (You can find a schedule below). This is brilliant. If for some reason they can’t ship one week of single issues, they can add it to the next week of graphic novels. As Marvel said in a letter to retailers:

“Over the next few weeks, Marvel will keep a balanced release schedule for its comics and trade collections as the industry continues to restart distribution and comic shops begin to reopen and adapt to current social distancing policies.”

So, what will we see over the next month?

Marvel Comics Ship Release Schedule for May and June

When Marvel Comics ship again, they’ll start small and increase only slightly each week, leaving room for them to adjust and respond to the ever-changing pandemic situation. This is especially important since not all states or even counties will reopen at the same time (Here in the Philly region, we might get to go to a comic shop…in 2021). This is their current plan:

Wednesday, May 27:
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #43 (FEB200924)
AVENGERS #33 (FEB200982)
MARAUDERS #10 (FEB200894)
STAR WARS: DOCTOR APHRA #1 (FEB201023)
VENOM #25 (FEB200939)

Wednesday, June 3:
ASTONISHING X-MEN BY JOSS WHEDON & JOHN CASSADAY OMNIBUS HC (OCT191092)
GHOST RIDER VOL. 1 TPB (JAN201057)
MEPHISTO: TPB (JAN201070)
SENSATIONAL SHE-HULK BY JOHN BYRNE OMNIBUS HC (OCT191099)
SPIDER-MAN & VENOM: DOUBLE TROUBLE GN-TPB (JAN201078)
SW DARTH VADER POSTER BOOK (NOV190977)
THE AMAZING MARY JANE VOL. 1: DOWN IN FLAMES, UP IN SMOKE TPB (JAN201059)
X-MEN VOL. 1 TPB (JAN201051)

Wednesday, June 10:
BLACK CAT #11 (FEB200950)
DAREDEVIL #20 (FEB201010)
DEADPOOL #5 (JAN200984)
EXCALIBUR #10 (FEB200891)
MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN #17 (FEB200810)
NEW MUTANTS #10 (FEB200892)

Wednesday, June 17:
CONAN: THE BOOK OF THOTH TPB (JAN201065)
DAREDEVIL BY CHIP ZDARSKY VOL. 3 TPB (JAN201061)
DAWN OF X VOL. 5 TPB (JAN201049)
IRON MAN EPIC COLLECTION VOL. 17 TPB (JAN201069)
MARVEL MASTERWORKS: THE AVENGERS VOL. 20 HC (OCT191105)
SILVER SURFER OMNIBUS VOL. 1 HC (NEW PRINTING) (OCT191090)
STAR WARS: AGE OF REBELLION HC (OCT191126)
THE UNBEATABLE SQUIRREL GIRL: BIG SQUIRRELS DON’TCRY GN-TPB (JAN201080)

Wednesday, June 24:
2020 RESCUE #2 (FEB200910)
CAPTAIN AMERICA: MARVELS SNAPSHOTS #1 (FEB200899)
EMPYRE #0 AVENGERS (FEB200772)
IMMORTAL HULK #34 (FEB200979)
IRON MAN 2020 #4 FLUORESCENT (FEB200905)
SPIDER-HAM #5 (FEB200998)
STAR WARS: BOUNTY HUNTERS #3 (FEB201029)
THOR #5 (FEB200961)
AMAZING FANTASY OMNIBUS HC (NEW PRINTING) (NOV190945)
FANTASTIC FOUR EPIC COLLECTION: NAME IS DOOM TPB (FEB201069)
IRON MAN: THE ULTRON AGENDA TPB (JAN201062)
MARVEL-VERSE: BLACK WIDOW GN-TPB (JAN201075)
MORBIUS THE LIVING VAMPIRE OMNIBUS HC (NOV190952)
YONDU TPB (JAN201055)

Wednesday, July 1:
DAWN OF X VOL. 6 TPB (JAN201050)
EXCALIBUR TPB (JAN201053)
INFINITY GAUNTLET MARVEL SELECT HC (DEC190973)
MARVEL MASTERWORKS: THE SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN VOL. 3 HC (NOV190949)
MARVEL’S BLACK WIDOW PRELUDE TPB (JAN201074)
TIMELY’S GREATEST: THE GOLDEN AGE SUB-MARINER BY BILL EVERETT – THE POST-WAR YEARS OMNIBUS HC (OCT191094)
WHAT IF? CLASSIC: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION VOL. 4 TPB (FEB201068)
X-MEN MILESTONES: MESSIAH WAR TPB (FEB201064)
YOUNG AVENGERS BY GILLEN & MCKELVIE: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION TPB (FEB201067)

Wednesday, July 8:
BLACK PANTHER AND THE AGENTS OF WAKANDA #8 (FEB200985)
Dr. STRANGE #5 (FEB200965)
EMPYRE #0 FANTASTIC FOUR (FEB200776)
GHOST RIDER #7 (FEB200994)
MARVELS X #4 (FEB200895)
STRANGE ACADEMY #2 (FEB200849)
X-FORCE #10 (FEB200893)
X-MEN: GOD LOVES, MAN KILLS EXTENDED CUT #1 (FEB200885)
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN BY NICK SPENCER VOL. 7 TPB (JAN201056)
IMMORTAL HULK VOL 2 HC (NOV190959)
MARAUDERS VOL. 1 TPB (JAN201052)
MARVEL MONOGRAPH: THE ART OF FRANK CHO TPB (JAN201071)
MARVEL’S SPIDER-MAN POSTER BOOK TPB (JAN201064)
MILES MORALES SPIDER-MAN (NEW PRINTING) (DEC190974)
SAVAGE SWORD OF CONAN: THE ORIGINAL MARVEL YEARS OMNIBUS VOL. 3 HC (NOV190954)
STAR WARS LEGENDS EPIC COLLECTION: LEGACY VOL. 3 (JAN201076)

There’s a Lot Missing from the Plan Marvel Comics has to Ship Again

Of course, even under the best circumstances right now, there’s no way to go back to normal. And when retailers have to make sure they can keep people six feet apart in their stores, releasing really big titles too close together could end badly. So, absent from the list above? For starters, any title that ties into the upcoming event Empyre, such as X-Men and Fantastic Four. The previously April-starting Event has two “zero” issues planned for release. However, the series itself isn’t part of the plans Marvel Comics has to ship again.

Then there are titles that obviously tied into a certain movie release we have to wait for. Black Widow, a new ongoing series, and Taskmaster, a limited series. Other missing series are a little surprising. After a strong debut in March, Spider-Woman isn’t there. And though Outlawed was only a one-shot, we’re not getting any of the titles coming from the event, Champions, New Warriors, and Power Pack. Possibly the oddest omission is Star Wars and the new (and brilliant) Darth Vader series. It’s not like Vader and Luke will pop up in Empyre.

Or will they?

We still have months before things go back to normal, but it’s a little uplifting knowing that there are some plans. So, what are you looking forward to reading again?

https://comicyears.com/comics/marvel-comics-ship-again-may-27th-logical-safe-plan/

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: July 09, 2020, 10:33:42 am »
I enjoyed the book. Okoye got the shirt end of the stick. She was director and barely got to truly lead.
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."