Author Topic: Black Panther - Avengers #43 Preview Settles Wolverine vs. Black Panther Debate  (Read 184630 times)

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
Re: Between the world and Black Panther - #PANTHER'S STORM
« Reply #330 on: December 06, 2017, 09:03:20 am »
That toxic woman aside,

It is unbelievable that Marvel may be days away from getting all their movie properties back, or usable in one big sandbox with the Spiderman/Hulk/Namor complications notwithstanding. 

The fantastic four seemed "possible" but the xmen seemed unthinkable given how profitable it was.  But now here everything is on the table.

i guess 60 billion changes a lot of minds lol

The Lupita slander talk distracted me from finishing this conversation.

I just want to see Black Panther kick Dr. Doom and Wolverine's ass.

Ok, now I'm done.

Sturm un drang on film would be AMAZEBALLS

and a totally different type of film

There are natural action set pieces built in

- T'challa can beat up some lemurians going after the child
- T'challa and Namor fight and at the same time, Wakanda/Atlantis/Lemurian underwater naval battle
- T'challa fighting a reborn Green Lantern esque Klaw who died/evaporated in BP 1

while the meeting of kings and the tension builds throughout the movie as the world prepares for WW3

mostly just have to replace Ross's role (and i guess Klaw if you really want to)

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
  • When ish hit the fan...
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: December 06, 2017, 09:37:09 am »
That toxic woman aside,

It is unbelievable that Marvel may be days away from getting all their movie properties back, or usable in one big sandbox with the Spiderman/Hulk/Namor complications notwithstanding. 

The fantastic four seemed "possible" but the xmen seemed unthinkable given how profitable it was.  But now here everything is on the table.

Ok, now I'm done.

- T'challa and Namor fight and at the same time, Wakanda/Atlantis/Lemurian underwater naval battle
- T'challa fighting a reborn Green Lantern esque Klaw who died/evaporated in BP 1

while the meeting of kings and the tension builds throughout the movie as the world prepares for WW3

mostly just have to replace Ross's role (and i guess Klaw if you really want to)

I am curious on how they handle Klaw after this movie.  I figure there's a 75% chance he goes through his DBZ transformation to be how he is in comics today, minus the jobber aura. 

Really, Black Panther 2 is going to be so unpredictable.  There's so much f*ckery and moving parts that , outside of a Monica Lynne appearance, I have no idea what they could be going for next.  And that's with me (and all of us) pretty much knowing how this first film is essentially going to play out plot wise.  Minus the specific details
How many leaders you said you needed then left Ďem for dead?
Is it Moses, is it Huey Newton or Detroit Red?
Is it Martin Luther, JFK, shooter you assassin
Is it Jackie, is it Jesse, oh I know, itís King T'Challa, oh!

When ish hit the fan, is you still a fan?

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: December 06, 2017, 10:27:32 am »
That toxic woman aside,

Ok, now I'm done.

There are a few BP stories I would love to see.
Strum und Drang is knee of them for sure I would love to see

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #333 on: December 06, 2017, 11:11:21 am »
That toxic woman aside,

Ok, now I'm done.

I am curious on how they handle Klaw after this movie.  I figure there's a 75% chance he goes through his DBZ transformation to be how he is in comics today, minus the jobber aura. 

Really, Black Panther 2 is going to be so unpredictable.  There's so much f*ckery and moving parts that , outside of a Monica Lynne appearance, I have no idea what they could be going for next.  And that's with me (and all of us) pretty much knowing how this first film is essentially going to play out plot wise.  Minus the specific details

extra unpredictable since a SWAD/invasion story is out after Infinity War. Can't really beat a Black Order invasion lol.

"coming for the throne" using M'baku seems unlikely because its too similar to Killmonger.

And thats all his rogues LOL. There is always the Malice (why isn't nakia in infinity war...) route with Achebe but... eh

I am still thinking its gonna be namor/atlantis related. except you need a 3rd party manipulating things to act as the "big bad" in the end. Unless they go full villain with Namor of course.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: December 06, 2017, 11:34:04 am »
Anything on the blog can be posted wherever

One note Brother Moss, Strom solo by Greg Pak only lasted 11 issues not 14 issues.. But other than that great write up..

It's too bad it wasn't 14. Like I said in the other forum; she'd get a nice #15 "Legacy" relaunch.

A shuri lead book had 12....

lulz

i fixed the post.

I pointed that out and Butterfly shook all the salt from herself that she could muster and told me that my attempts at being clever were delusional and that I was beneath her attention...

Over the course of multiple paragraphs, in multiple posts, which she edited multiple times.  You know, because I'm not worth her time.

Not gonna lie, it's pretty funny watching it unfold, especially this last post you made to them lol

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #335 on: December 06, 2017, 12:05:41 pm »
I mean, i don't peruse that board anymore but... don't they have a storm thread and a storm/bp thread they could be showering praise on storm willy nilly with no pushback?

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: December 06, 2017, 12:24:50 pm »
I honestly didn't plan on humoring CBR again until the week after valentine's weekend (give myself a week to soak in the initial excellence of blackness unhindered... before undertaking a two-week troll the trolls campaign that would have me at my most insufferable and smug.  It'll make the rape culture wars of last month look like slap boxing.

My only fear is in 2 months, I wouldn't care enough about pouring more sh*t on that sh*t hole forum.  But then i give it more thought and i'm, who am i kidding.  I'm gon dookie on them so bad that i'll finally join the elite class of banned HEF'ers  8)

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: December 06, 2017, 12:43:59 pm »
That toxic woman aside,

Ok, now I'm done.

extra unpredictable since a SWAD/invasion story is out after Infinity War. Can't really beat a Black Order invasion lol.

"coming for the throne" using M'baku seems unlikely because its too similar to Killmonger.

And thats all his rogues LOL. There is always the Malice (why isn't nakia in infinity war...) route with Achebe but... eh

I am still thinking its gonna be namor/atlantis related. except you need a 3rd party manipulating things to act as the "big bad" in the end. Unless they go full villain with Namor of course.

That's going to be the underlining issue coming up.  The whole "coup d'etat" is played out after the first time you do it, and Thrillmonger already got first dibs on that. And so, M'Baku, Tetu, Achebe... yawn.  Now, a slightly re-purposed Achebe with that Keith Ledger Joker vibe... that could be something.  Although I guess that vibe would be more of a Mephisto vibe, who is someone i think should be a big bad; the or a manipulator of something.  Just don't know how kid-friendly showing devils on screen would be for mickey tho and might be too abstract for BP to punch outside of that one time. 
Maybe Namor, though that'd be a lot going on depending on when they would introduce him.  And typically the first 2 solo movies seem more self-contained, with the 3rd film being the one where it's guest appearances and f*ckery galore.  Outside of IM 3, which was just Tony and a kid talking.

Offline Things Fall Apart

• View Profile
« Reply #338 on: December 06, 2017, 12:59:11 pm »
I mean, i don't peruse that board anymore but... don't they have a storm thread and a storm/bp thread they could be showering praise on storm willy nilly with no pushback?

I've also pointed that out multiple times.

I don't really care for Storm as a character all that much, but I'm not going to lie, 90% of what I say on the BP THREAD about Storm is just trolling Storm (only) fans for not staying in their lanes.

I don't pop in the pro marriage threads or the Storm threads to troll, because... why would I?

Offline Things Fall Apart

• View Profile
« Reply #339 on: December 06, 2017, 01:00:59 pm »
The only thing I'm looking forward to in the comics side is Rise of the Black Panther.  I've got high hopes for it and if it pops I'd love to have someone do a follow up to Flags of our Fathers.

Maybe do a Secret Invaders story.

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #340 on: December 06, 2017, 01:02:46 pm »
That toxic woman aside,

Ok, now I'm done.

That's going to be the underlining issue coming up.  The whole "coup d'etat" is played out after the first time you do it, and Thrillmonger already got first dibs on that. And so, M'Baku, Tetu, Achebe... yawn.  Now, a slightly re-purposed Achebe with that Keith Ledger Joker vibe... that could be something.  Although I guess that vibe would be more of a Mephisto vibe, who is someone i think should be a big bad; the or a manipulator of something.  Just don't know how kid-friendly showing devils on screen would be for mickey tho and might be too abstract for BP to punch outside of that one time. 
Maybe Namor, though that'd be a lot going on depending on when they would introduce him.  And typically the first 2 solo movies seem more self-contained, with the 3rd film being the one where it's guest appearances and f*ckery galore.  Outside of IM 3, which was just Tony and a kid talking.

yeah, achebe would just have to be someone who wants to see the world (wakanda) burn. He doesn't want the thrown, he just wants to see T'challa and the royal family suffer.

He could possibly be Nigandan who feels slighted that he doesn't get to be a special Wakandan. He is the one that finds and twists Nakia and turns her evil just to get back at T'challa. He'd have to be a terrorist with no real goal or motivation.

But... how can you out Joker the Joker though? gets a bit hairy.

Mephisto would work the best. I can't believe I forgot about him. He doesn't want the throne, doesn't want Wakanda, he wants T'challa soul. Hell, he could be behind the mistaken Namor v T'challa fight if need be.

The ending/third action could be just like priest... T'challa bursts in, one hitter quitter, rips his heart out, mephisto just laughs and teleports him to his domain. Ending is just like priest... T'challa offers him his soul, but it comes with a catch, as the panther spirits (or hell Bast if you want) rip him to shreds.

It could work... it would be different. but yeah... idk how the devil imagery and spirits and sh*t work with china (or dumb americans). hmmmm

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #341 on: December 06, 2017, 01:08:56 pm »

#queennakia

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: December 06, 2017, 04:13:19 pm »
Courtesy of UltimateTy from CBR:

Quote from: UltimateTy
Marvel.com did an interview with Priest, Mcgregor and Hudlin on the BP Annual
https://news.marvel.com/comics/81634/black-panther-return-macks/?linkId=45590849

Hudlin mentions the conversation we had with him months ago

Offline DigiCom

• View Profile
« Reply #343 on: December 06, 2017, 04:18:57 pm »
TíChallaís, like, the last noble man on earth. I am by no means anywhere near that noble, but I aspire to be well, if not good, at least as good as I personally can manage. Thatís the best any of us can do. Dude: be as good as you personally can manage. Eat your vegetables. Do your best. Keep your word.

Never change, Priest.

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #344 on: December 06, 2017, 05:12:24 pm »
It feels weird to read three guys talk about tchalla... positively.