Author Topic: Black Panther - Sovereign Supreme... BLACK PANTHER'S QUEST  (Read 59413 times)

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Black Panther - Sovereign Supreme... BLACK PANTHER'S QUEST
« Reply #630 on: November 01, 2018, 03:29:49 pm »
I was surprised how well Kraven did against BP and his tech (plus his weight gain) but by the time Kilmonger showed up...man, that was good.

Any other than me still doesn't trust Zemo?

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: November 04, 2018, 05:59:22 am »
Ditto Kip, same page, not sure why Kraven was unfit? Also, miss T'Challa's ability to rely on his enhanced sense of smell and hearing.  Loved the speed and skill with which he dispatched of Kraven and his drones.  Most of the series fight scenes have been phenomenal and resonate clearly with T'Challa's skills. 

I am conflicted as to the repositioning of N'Jadaka/Killmonger as a trusted Wakandan (teacher to T'Challa and Shuri) turned traitor.  Especially after the BP film's culturally important take on Killmonger's reasoning for insurrection. Love the homage to Hudlin's Killmonger.  Priest or McGregor's N'Jadaka, an expat or repatriated dissident would make more sense IMO.

Have to say, the low angle shot where BP lifted Crossbones into custody delivering the line, "You are in Wakanda now.....you do not even get to die without my permission!" was badass and perhaps my favorite cartoon scene ever! These flourishes endear me to the show and set it apart from others.

My Two Cents...

Peace,

Mont

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #632 on: November 05, 2018, 12:15:34 pm »
I'm excited to watch cartoons again...

More specifically those featuring the Black Panther. This iteration is a great way to keep the momentum going after the movie. The feats performed by BP have been a long time coming. Redjack has given us a much appreciated insular Wakanda that is actively involved the greater Marvel Universe.

You know what Kip, I kind of liked the bloated Kraven in as much it gave a distinction to his character and perhaps his life style. Daniel Cormier's physique maybe a little misleading but his skill set is not in doubt. T'Challa needs  formidable opponents if he is to validate his victories over such.

Kimoyo, I didn't see Kraven as unfit just lacking that superhero/supervillain physique. I agree with you on wanting to see BP use his enhanced senses and spiritual abilities . I also want to see his scientific genius and technological skills on display. Like the movie this cartoon presents changes that I wouldn't do but they way they are being handled thus far I'm willing to see where it goes. That Crossbones scene was stellar. This BP animated series is on a roll.
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: November 08, 2018, 05:39:45 pm »
I suppose, being mainstreamed through Disney there are certain compromises that may be required, presumably to make BP more widely digestible? Mere storytelling convention requires a protagonist to have some vulnerabilities to promote drama, more so in some media (TV, particularly kid's TV) than others. We also have been spoiled, by Priest, Hudlin, McDuffie BP iterations.  So, I have to give Redjack his props because, MCU excluded, this is easily the best iteration of BP we've seen in some time.  By the way, "The Night Has Wings" was off the hook!! The return of Klaue...great episode!

Peace,

Mont

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: Yesterday at 06:42:05 pm »
This season is probably the best of this series. 

And Taskmaster, never thought about it, but he'd be a good long term foe for BP.  Everytime they fight, Taskmaster learns more of BP's fighting style forcing BP to adapt creatively.  (Yeah, BP wins, but it creates a variety of fights.)