Author Topic: Black Panther - Fists of Khonshu vs The Claws of Bast! aka Panther's Rage 2.0  (Read 162296 times)

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
Re: Black Panther's Agents of Wakanda
« Reply #855 on: February 13, 2020, 01:47:12 pm »
The force push is the second worst thing ot happen to modern T'challa (first is coates).

This isn't hard. Coogler did it right.

The force push should be used sparingly and tactically. It isn't his bast damn go to for every single fight for f*cksake.

It should be used to save his ass every once in awhile (like when he got gang beat on after the rhino blasted him in the movie or when killmonger was about f*cked by the DM) or it should be used as a tactical trump card on occasion to deal with stuff he can't deal with with his normal abilities (such as blowing up a car or exploding a crowd of people after jumping a wall spear)

It isn't meant to be used on 1v1 fights

God, i don't even recognize this character anymore in the comics.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: February 13, 2020, 02:04:45 pm »
The force push is the second worst thing ot happen to modern T'challa (first is coates).

The force push should be used sparingly and tactically. It isn't his bast damn go to for every single fight for f*cksake.

Force push would be very effective to spam if the scenario were 'Mortal Kombat'.  :)

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: February 13, 2020, 03:47:46 pm »

It should be used to save his ass every once in awhile (like when he got gang beat on after the rhino blasted him in the movie or when killmonger was about f*cked by the DM) or it should be used as a tactical trump card on occasion to deal with stuff he can't deal with with his normal abilities (such as blowing up a car or exploding a crowd of people after jumping a wall spear)

It isn't meant to be used on 1v1 fights

God, i don't even recognize this character anymore in the comics.

It goes to what I said to Redjack I. The CBR a little bit back, the habit should only store high kinetic energy. Bullet's, stabs, punches from less then super powered foes the habit simply robs the energy. High impact energy, like grenades getting hit by hulk, roided out rhinos etc.that is when the habit stores energy for redistribution. It should only be used 1v1 vs someone he can't easily take down by normal means. So hulk, Thor, and other heavy hitters is what he uses it for, or crowd control as you said.

But uninspired writers (started by Coates) are making it the go to default to the point where his other abilities are suffering because of it. It's really easy to make all his gear work

Offline Marvell2100

• Wakandans United!
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: February 14, 2020, 02:43:28 pm »
Coates isn't good enough to come up with any tech feats or ideas for BP. I thought the Farce Push was Stelfreeze?

Also, remember Coates had T'Challa using other people's tech(Doom's nanobots) like he couldn't come up with his own. He then uses Eden's teleportation abilities like T'Challa doesn't have the tech already and couldn't expand that.

He's about to face an intergalactic armada and decided to bring in Luke Cage, Misty Knight and the Falcon as his back up along with Storm. Where the hell is the Wakandan defense forces, Prowlers, N'yami warships etc.? Did we lose an army too?
Black Panther. Bane of the Unfans.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: February 14, 2020, 05:33:52 pm »
Yeah all the aesthetics, force push, etc was all stelfreeze. I'm just saying though that Im Sure stelfreeze was told by Coates in fight scenes to just spam force push.

Also Wakanda is just lucky that Storm and Eden, the true threats and inspiration and hope for the maroons, are there to save them from certain doom

Offline Marvell2100

• Wakandans United!
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: February 14, 2020, 06:07:04 pm »
Yeah all the aesthetics, force push, etc was all stelfreeze. I'm just saying though that Im Sure stelfreeze was told by Coates in fight scenes to just spam force push.

Also Wakanda is just lucky that Storm and Eden, the true threats and inspiration and hope for the maroons, are there to save them from certain doom

Yeah, what would they do without The Crew there to save their asses.  ::)
Black Panther. Bane of the Unfans.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #861 on: February 29, 2020, 05:05:38 pm »

courtesy of CBR's KingNomarch

I mean...
Whoa. We are going to have to go for a full house cleaning come summer.
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #862 on: March 01, 2020, 05:23:43 am »
Whole franchise needs a cleansing fire.

If Rise of the Black Panther was a "year one" Black Panther book, then have Evan come back and right a "year two" book and start over lol

So much momentum from the movie straight up squandered.

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: March 01, 2020, 02:12:00 pm »

courtesy of CBR's KingNomarch

I mean...
Whoa. We are going to have to go for a full house cleaning come summer.

I've said it before but, I'll say it again.

Any book claiming to be Agents of Wakanda that has close to ZERO actual Wakandans in it, is not worth the paper it's printed on.

The reason why this book was even looked at favourably by some BP enthusiasts was rue to being starved of seeing T'Challa given any emphasis or agency within his own solo.

Agents of Wakanda was always a sub par and utterly aimless exercise in stupidity.

Just not as stupid as Coates BP solo in name only.

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #864 on: March 02, 2020, 06:03:14 am »

I've said it before but, I'll say it again.

Any book claiming to be Agents of Wakanda that has close to ZERO actual Wakandans in it, is not worth the paper it's printed on.

The reason why this book was even looked at favourably by some BP enthusiasts was rue to being starved of seeing T'Challa given any emphasis or agency within his own solo.

Agents of Wakanda was always a sub par and utterly aimless exercise in stupidity.

Just not as stupid as Coates BP solo in name only.

It's just f*cking boring lol.

"hey im fat cobra. im fat. here is a hungry joke"

"hey im kazar. im like tarzan. here is a savage tarzan joke"

"hey guys were are missfits and funny characters hehe"

YAWN. that sh*t works for two issues then gets boring fast.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: March 02, 2020, 07:21:47 am »
Yeah it lacks direction and I care nothing for the characters save  T'Challa and Okoye, the stories being these two parters doesn't work because it doesn't give any time to dive into a story or develop anything before it's moving on to the next plot. Which, if the story is boring then sure it's good to move on from it. But it also feels like there's very little effort being out into it and it shows

Online CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: March 02, 2020, 08:18:08 am »
I still  like it. I wasn't looking for depth, just fun Sat. morning action comics.
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: March 02, 2020, 08:45:03 am »
Maybe o would be more okay with it if the Solo were giving T'Challa his shine but he deserves more, and I won't settle for subpar

Online CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: March 04, 2020, 07:55:45 am »
Agents of W was really fun. Perfect for an episode of a cartoon.
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: March 05, 2020, 11:24:00 am »
Yeah it lacks direction and I care nothing for the characters save  T'Challa and Okoye, the stories being these two parters doesn't work because it doesn't give any time to dive into a story or develop anything before it's moving on to the next plot. Which, if the story is boring then sure it's good to move on from it. But it also feels like there's very little effort being out into it and it shows

This they should just made a real BP & Wakanda /Marvel team up book & not half assed it with this book.
Pull List