Author Topic: BLACK PANTHER'S AVENGERS #55 Preview featuring T'Challa and Nighthawk!  (Read 290257 times)

Offline Gessela

• View Profile
    • Gessela Studios
Re: BLACK PANTHER'S AVENGERS - BP upgrades Stark Tech with devastating results!
« Reply #1155 on: November 12, 2021, 08:37:33 am »
That art is very nice, great use of models and sfx.
ግሥላ = Panther

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: November 12, 2021, 02:39:41 pm »
Well the thing is, on Mech Avengers, Tony and T'Challa both created the armor for the team together and both were given credit without Shuri needing to be hamfisted in, I don't know why they even decided to mention Shuri in a story she isn't even apar of. What would of been the problem with T'Challa saying that not only did he upgrade the armor bit also discovered the secret? Giving Shuri the credit isn't building her up at all, it's simply taking a feat away from. T'Challa. Shuri is a supporting cast, not a leading hero. Give credit to the leading heroes, especially in Avengers books.

That being said I like how the armor looks alot and wouldn't mind his thrice blessed armor to take some ideas from this (and also gives it a more African theme) because it looks awesome

She's in the earlier issues and established as part of the support and research team.
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: November 12, 2021, 04:19:04 pm »
This can go good or bad, but with Aaron writing I'm leaning towards good, but with Doom involved it can swing bad. Ya'll know how writers get when Doom is involved.

ASSAULT ON AVENGERS MOUNTAIN!

The Avengers’ impenetrable headquarters is under attack, by the most supremely powerful version of Dr. Doom in existence and a wildly murderous Young Thanos, still wet with his mother’s blood. The Black Panther fights to defend the mountain alongside his surprising new teammates, King Namor of Atlantis and Jane Foster, the mighty Valkyrie.

AVENGERS #53
Writer: JASON AARON
Artist/Cover: JAVIER GARRÓN
Release Date: Februray 2022

Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #1158 on: November 12, 2021, 07:18:58 pm »
This can go good or bad, but with Aaron writing I'm leaning towards good, but with Doom involved it can swing bad. Ya'll know how writers get when Doom is involved.

ASSAULT ON AVENGERS MOUNTAIN!

The Avengers’ impenetrable headquarters is under attack, by the most supremely powerful version of Dr. Doom in existence and a wildly murderous Young Thanos, still wet with his mother’s blood. The Black Panther fights to defend the mountain alongside his surprising new teammates, King Namor of Atlantis and Jane Foster, the mighty Valkyrie.

AVENGERS #53
Writer: JASON AARON
Artist/Cover: JAVIER GARRÓN
Release Date: Februray 2022

I 100% agree with the OP in that this can go bad or good. I think? This will go more Doom's way than BP's way. In fact? Let's be entirely honest here: T'Challa should dog walk Doom on his own. Without need of help from anyone else. In fact? This latest affront by Doom should elicit a particularly merciless response from T'Challa, resulting in T'Challa one sidedly stomping Doom and actually murdering Doom with such ferocity that it shocks and deeply disturbs a number of T'Challa's cape homies.

At which time T'Challa reminds them that he is not a superhero. He is an extremely noble, extremely unflappable, extremely unknowable, extremely untouchable, pinnacle WARRIOR-PHILOSOPHER-MEGAGENIUS-SPIRITUALIST-SEMI-IMMORTAL KING of a land that Doom has tried to harm way too many times. Because one attempt to harm Wakanda, T'Challa, The Avengers, 616, etc? Was way too many times.  T'Challa owes Doom at least 3 very public, very severe one sided drubbings...two of which should end in Doom's death and rebirth via Doom's own technology...the last being a whoopin T'Challa puts on Doom that takes Doom to the brink of death, yet again. And each time, T'Challa should talk his ish to Doom, while whoopin Doom to death. Each time T'Challa should make clear to Doom that Doom has never been, is not now, nor will he ever be remotely equal or superior to T'Challa.

The very fact that T'Challa requires a team to defeat Doom lays bare the unflattering truth of Aaron's actual thoughts about T'Challa. Aaron...when he wants to...writes T'Challa very well, but within very clear restrictions. Aaron writes T'Challa as a more mystical, better paid, more cosmic, more meditative Batman with a touch of Nightwing and Lady Shiva in him. Except? He doesn't let T'Challa have emphatic victories over clear fan favorite villains, like Batman regularly enjoys.

Whoever writes T'Challa as needing help from anyone to handle almost anyone? Doesn't grasp who and what T'Challa is.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2021, 08:02:42 pm by supreme illuminati »
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Online Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: BLACK PANTHER'S AVENGERS - Namor and Valkyrie join the team!
« Reply #1159 on: November 19, 2021, 06:24:10 pm »
Namor and Valkyrie joining Marvel's core Avengers team in 2022
By George Marston

Avengers #53 brings some unlikely heroes back into the fold

The roster of Marvel's core Avengers team is expanding with two somewhat unexpected recruits from the team's past in February 2022's Avengers #53 - including at least one returning member who was straight up trying to kill the Avengers as recently as this summer.

Those two new recruits are Jane Foster, the current head Valkyrie, and Namor, King of Atlantis - who has been a recurring enemy for the Avengers throughout writer Jason Aaron's run, even recruiting his own squad of villains to fight surface world targets, and clashing with the Avengers for control of the Phoenix Force in the story Avengers: Enter the Phoenix.

Namor has been an Avenger multiple times in the past, most notably in Roger Stern's '80s Avengers run and in Geoff Johns' short-lived Avengers stint in the early '00s.

It seems Namor's return to the team, after a period as their enemy (he's often gone back and forth from hero to villain and everywhere in between), will be predicated on Doctor Doom's new Masters of Evil, formed by villains from around the Multiverse. Weirdly enough, Doom and Namor had their own long-running villainous partnership in the classic '70s title Marvel Super-Villain Team Up.

As for Jane Foster, she's also a former member of the Avengers from her time as Thor, prior to dying and being resurrected as a Valkyrie. She's since gone on to reform the Asgardian order of Valkyries, including recruiting the original Valkyrie Brunnhilde, who was herself a member of the Secret Avengers.

Even though Jane's been an Avenger before, she hasn't been on the team at the same time as Thor Odinson, from whom she inherited the mantle and powers of Thor, and to whom she returned it later on when she became Valkyrie. Avengers #53 will mark the first time both Thor and Jane have been Avengers simultaneously.

There's another surprising Avengers reunion going on in Avengers #53 - a meeting between Black Panther and Namor, the monarchs of Wakanda and Atlantis, respectively. They haven't been Avengers together in some time (if ever, for longer than a short period).

In fact, they're more recently known as bloodthirsty enemies, owing to Namor leading Atlantis in an invasion of Wakanda in Avengers vs. X-Men, and Black Panther's counterstrike in which Wakanda attacked Atlantis in the event Infinity.

Though they did sorta work together as members of Marvel's Illuminati in Jonathan Hickman's New Avengers, that partnership was tenuous at best, with Infinity complicating it even further. Black Panther and Namor's rivalry and what them both being Avengers could mean isn't lost on artist Javier Garron either, who put the two at each others' throats on the cover of Avengers #53.

It's interesting that both Jane and Namor are joining the Avengers in 2022, as Jane is about to become Thor in the MCU film sequel Thor: Love and Thunder, while Namor has been rumored as the villain of the Black Panther sequel Wakanda Forever.

Avengers #53 goes on sale on February 9, 2022.

https://www.gamesradar.com/avengers-53-preview-covers-namor-valkyrie/

Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Online Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: BLACK PANTHER'S AVENGERS
« Reply #1160 on: December 03, 2021, 09:09:32 pm »

By Byrne! She Hulk is back!

The Avengers are Doomed.

Namor takes a knee before She Hulk!

Ka Zar meets Galactus and this happens...

We get a new uninspired version of Killmonger reminiscent of T.H.R.O.B (dig in those long boxes)

Great cut-away of Avengers HQ or dissection of a Celestial

Oh yea, we even got a little T'Challa the Black Panther. Just saying.

Did I mentioned the Avengers were Doomed?

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: BLACK PANTHER'S AVENGERS #50 is really #750 as Aaron goes BIG!
« Reply #1161 on: December 04, 2021, 09:07:55 am »
Yeah it's Erik with the Asgardian destroyer armor... It looks so bad though lol.  They should of taken inspiration from Hudlins Kilmonger armor and mixed them

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: December 04, 2021, 02:13:21 pm »
Wow, the throwback, floating head cover for Avengers #750 is fire!

Peace,

Mont

Online Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #1163 on: December 04, 2021, 04:15:39 pm »
I see why you are referenced the Asgardian Destroyer armor Ezyo but I think it looks more like the T.H.R.O.B. android created by Black Panther and Dr. Doom, which in fact may have been their first collaboration.Any way it's there if they want to use a Wakandan creation for inspiration as opposed to Asgardian.

True that Kimoyo. I just wish they would give the Black Panther his updated more cinematic look.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: December 05, 2021, 08:37:29 am »
I honestly think it's the destroyer armor

I think this is further confirmed by the fact that long Kilmonger is the conqueror of both Wakanda AND Asgard, so he is a mix of both nations

Online Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: BLACK PANTHER'S AVENGERS
« Reply #1165 on: December 24, 2021, 08:56:33 pm »

To all my HEF family. You are greatly appreciated.

Online Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Marvel's Dark Ages Restores a Legendary Marriage
Marvel's Dark Ages has shaken up the status quo for many of Earth's mightiest heroes. In the series' fourth issue, a major marriage is restored.
BY SEAN GRIBBIN

TOM TAYLOR (W) • IBAN COELLO (A/C)
Variant Cover by MIKE MCKONE
Variant Cover by RYAN STEGMAN
Variant Cover by PETE WOODS
A group of heroes have crossed dark seas in a desperate and dangerous attempt to save their friends. But before the heroes can save the world, they must first survive the most treacherous place on Earth – Europe!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Dark Ages returns a powerful Marvel marriage to comics.

Penned by writer Tom Taylor and brought to life by artist Iban Coello, Dark Ages is a limited series that tells the story of what would happen if the entire world lost electricity and power, altering day-to-day life as it was known to everyone. However, villains in Europe scheme to bring about the apocalypse, causing refugees to flee the continent to Africa, where they are greeted by the X-Men's Storm. In a preview for Dark Ages #4, Storm is not only revealed to still be alive in this version of the Marvel Universe, but married to her former love, King T'Challa of Wakanda, the Black Panther.

The Marvel power couple haven't been romantically involved in comics since 2012, after Black Panther annulled their marriage within the pages of Avengers vs. X-Men #9. The two had been on opposite sides in the series, which also featured the destruction of Wakanda, with Black Panther upset that Storm sided with the X-Men. Though Black Panther has been seen in Dark Ages before this issue, Storm has not made an appearance in the six-issue series until now.

The restoration of the two's marriage is not the only status quo change that Dark Ages has made, also returning another iconic family relationship to this universe. The premier issue of the series showed that Peter Parker aka Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson were still together and even had a daughter, May Parker. In the main 616 universe, Peter and MJ sacrificed their marriage to the villain Mephisto, also resulting in May not being born, a result which the current Amazing Spider-Man run revealed was the devil's plan all along.

Still, the reunion of T'Challa and Ororo (Storm) shows a series development other than loss or impending doom. Many characters have been killed off in the series before this point, including Scarlet Witch, the Thing, Doctor Strange, Hawkeye and more. In the recent Dark Ages #3, the Human Torch aka Johnny Storm was killed by a mind-controlled Quicksilver, with Sue Storm unable to save her own brother. The full preview and solicitation for Dark Ages #4 can be found below.

Dark Ages #4 is written by Taylor with interior art by Coello, colors by Brian Reber and letters by VC's Joe Sabino. Main cover art was done by Coello and Frank D'Armata, with variant covers contributed to by Mike McKone, Morry Hollowell, Pete Woods, Ryan Stegman, JP Mayer and Jason Keith. The issue goes on sale Jan. 12 from Marvel Comics.

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-dark-ages-black-panther-storm-marriage/

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
The lion pelt looks cool.
Reggie Hudlin-

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
The lion pelt looks cool.

The look is cool, some of the most detail he ever gets. That's the only good thing

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
Marvel's Dark Ages Restores a Legendary Marriage
Marvel's Dark Ages has shaken up the status quo for many of Earth's mightiest heroes. In the series' fourth issue, a major marriage is restored.
BY SEAN GRIBBIN

TOM TAYLOR (W) • IBAN COELLO (A/C)
Variant Cover by MIKE MCKONE
Variant Cover by RYAN STEGMAN
Variant Cover by PETE WOODS
A group of heroes have crossed dark seas in a desperate and dangerous attempt to save their friends. But before the heroes can save the world, they must first survive the most treacherous place on Earth – Europe!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Dark Ages returns a powerful Marvel marriage to comics.

Penned by writer Tom Taylor and brought to life by artist Iban Coello, Dark Ages is a limited series that tells the story of what would happen if the entire world lost electricity and power, altering day-to-day life as it was known to everyone. However, villains in Europe scheme to bring about the apocalypse, causing refugees to flee the continent to Africa, where they are greeted by the X-Men's Storm. In a preview for Dark Ages #4, Storm is not only revealed to still be alive in this version of the Marvel Universe, but married to her former love, King T'Challa of Wakanda, the Black Panther.

The Marvel power couple haven't been romantically involved in comics since 2012, after Black Panther annulled their marriage within the pages of Avengers vs. X-Men #9. The two had been on opposite sides in the series, which also featured the destruction of Wakanda, with Black Panther upset that Storm sided with the X-Men. Though Black Panther has been seen in Dark Ages before this issue, Storm has not made an appearance in the six-issue series until now.

The restoration of the two's marriage is not the only status quo change that Dark Ages has made, also returning another iconic family relationship to this universe. The premier issue of the series showed that Peter Parker aka Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson were still together and even had a daughter, May Parker. In the main 616 universe, Peter and MJ sacrificed their marriage to the villain Mephisto, also resulting in May not being born, a result which the current Amazing Spider-Man run revealed was the devil's plan all along.

Still, the reunion of T'Challa and Ororo (Storm) shows a series development other than loss or impending doom. Many characters have been killed off in the series before this point, including Scarlet Witch, the Thing, Doctor Strange, Hawkeye and more. In the recent Dark Ages #3, the Human Torch aka Johnny Storm was killed by a mind-controlled Quicksilver, with Sue Storm unable to save her own brother. The full preview and solicitation for Dark Ages #4 can be found below.

Dark Ages #4 is written by Taylor with interior art by Coello, colors by Brian Reber and letters by VC's Joe Sabino. Main cover art was done by Coello and Frank D'Armata, with variant covers contributed to by Mike McKone, Morry Hollowell, Pete Woods, Ryan Stegman, JP Mayer and Jason Keith. The issue goes on sale Jan. 12 from Marvel Comics.

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-dark-ages-black-panther-storm-marriage/

I absolutely loove this!

T'CHORRO FOREVER!!
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw