Author Topic: BLACK PANTHER'S AVENGERS - Dark Ages restores T'Challa and Ororo's marriage!  (Read 261913 times)

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
The lion pelt looks cool.

Too cool. Bought back memories of Hickman's New Avengers.

Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group

The look is cool, some of the most detail he ever gets. That's the only good thing

T'Challa's habit should always be drawn with all that vibranium detailing but alas.

I take it you were not too moved by T'Challa and Ororo marital bliss.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Marvel's Dark Ages Restores a Legendary Marriage
Marvel's Dark Ages has shaken up the status quo for many of Earth's mightiest heroes. In the series' fourth issue, a major marriage is restored.
BY SEAN GRIBBIN

TOM TAYLOR (W) • IBAN COELLO (A/C)
Variant Cover by MIKE MCKONE
Variant Cover by RYAN STEGMAN
Variant Cover by PETE WOODS
A group of heroes have crossed dark seas in a desperate and dangerous attempt to save their friends. But before the heroes can save the world, they must first survive the most treacherous place on Earth – Europe!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Dark Ages returns a powerful Marvel marriage to comics.

Penned by writer Tom Taylor and brought to life by artist Iban Coello, Dark Ages is a limited series that tells the story of what would happen if the entire world lost electricity and power, altering day-to-day life as it was known to everyone. However, villains in Europe scheme to bring about the apocalypse, causing refugees to flee the continent to Africa, where they are greeted by the X-Men's Storm. In a preview for Dark Ages #4, Storm is not only revealed to still be alive in this version of the Marvel Universe, but married to her former love, King T'Challa of Wakanda, the Black Panther.

The Marvel power couple haven't been romantically involved in comics since 2012, after Black Panther annulled their marriage within the pages of Avengers vs. X-Men #9. The two had been on opposite sides in the series, which also featured the destruction of Wakanda, with Black Panther upset that Storm sided with the X-Men. Though Black Panther has been seen in Dark Ages before this issue, Storm has not made an appearance in the six-issue series until now.

The restoration of the two's marriage is not the only status quo change that Dark Ages has made, also returning another iconic family relationship to this universe. The premier issue of the series showed that Peter Parker aka Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson were still together and even had a daughter, May Parker. In the main 616 universe, Peter and MJ sacrificed their marriage to the villain Mephisto, also resulting in May not being born, a result which the current Amazing Spider-Man run revealed was the devil's plan all along.

Still, the reunion of T'Challa and Ororo (Storm) shows a series development other than loss or impending doom. Many characters have been killed off in the series before this point, including Scarlet Witch, the Thing, Doctor Strange, Hawkeye and more. In the recent Dark Ages #3, the Human Torch aka Johnny Storm was killed by a mind-controlled Quicksilver, with Sue Storm unable to save her own brother. The full preview and solicitation for Dark Ages #4 can be found below.

Dark Ages #4 is written by Taylor with interior art by Coello, colors by Brian Reber and letters by VC's Joe Sabino. Main cover art was done by Coello and Frank D'Armata, with variant covers contributed to by Mike McKone, Morry Hollowell, Pete Woods, Ryan Stegman, JP Mayer and Jason Keith. The issue goes on sale Jan. 12 from Marvel Comics.

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-dark-ages-black-panther-storm-marriage/

I absolutely loove this!

T'CHORRO FOREVER!!

Yea, it always good to see them as the power couple they were meant to be.

Hey Supreme, I bet Wakandan gold that you and I agree that Wakanda should have somehow been shielded from Dr. Strange's EMP blast.

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
Marvel's Dark Ages Restores a Legendary Marriage
Marvel's Dark Ages has shaken up the status quo for many of Earth's mightiest heroes. In the series' fourth issue, a major marriage is restored.
BY SEAN GRIBBIN

TOM TAYLOR (W) • IBAN COELLO (A/C)
Variant Cover by MIKE MCKONE
Variant Cover by RYAN STEGMAN
Variant Cover by PETE WOODS
A group of heroes have crossed dark seas in a desperate and dangerous attempt to save their friends. But before the heroes can save the world, they must first survive the most treacherous place on Earth – Europe!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Dark Ages returns a powerful Marvel marriage to comics.

Penned by writer Tom Taylor and brought to life by artist Iban Coello, Dark Ages is a limited series that tells the story of what would happen if the entire world lost electricity and power, altering day-to-day life as it was known to everyone. However, villains in Europe scheme to bring about the apocalypse, causing refugees to flee the continent to Africa, where they are greeted by the X-Men's Storm. In a preview for Dark Ages #4, Storm is not only revealed to still be alive in this version of the Marvel Universe, but married to her former love, King T'Challa of Wakanda, the Black Panther.

The Marvel power couple haven't been romantically involved in comics since 2012, after Black Panther annulled their marriage within the pages of Avengers vs. X-Men #9. The two had been on opposite sides in the series, which also featured the destruction of Wakanda, with Black Panther upset that Storm sided with the X-Men. Though Black Panther has been seen in Dark Ages before this issue, Storm has not made an appearance in the six-issue series until now.

The restoration of the two's marriage is not the only status quo change that Dark Ages has made, also returning another iconic family relationship to this universe. The premier issue of the series showed that Peter Parker aka Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson were still together and even had a daughter, May Parker. In the main 616 universe, Peter and MJ sacrificed their marriage to the villain Mephisto, also resulting in May not being born, a result which the current Amazing Spider-Man run revealed was the devil's plan all along.

Still, the reunion of T'Challa and Ororo (Storm) shows a series development other than loss or impending doom. Many characters have been killed off in the series before this point, including Scarlet Witch, the Thing, Doctor Strange, Hawkeye and more. In the recent Dark Ages #3, the Human Torch aka Johnny Storm was killed by a mind-controlled Quicksilver, with Sue Storm unable to save her own brother. The full preview and solicitation for Dark Ages #4 can be found below.

Dark Ages #4 is written by Taylor with interior art by Coello, colors by Brian Reber and letters by VC's Joe Sabino. Main cover art was done by Coello and Frank D'Armata, with variant covers contributed to by Mike McKone, Morry Hollowell, Pete Woods, Ryan Stegman, JP Mayer and Jason Keith. The issue goes on sale Jan. 12 from Marvel Comics.

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-dark-ages-black-panther-storm-marriage/

I absolutely loove this!

T'CHORRO FOREVER!!

Yea, it always good to see them as the power couple they were meant to be.

Hey Supreme, I bet Wakandan gold that you and I agree that Wakanda should have somehow been shielded from Dr. Strange's EMP blast.

Not only do we agree, I think the very notion of Wakanda being impacted by an EMP blast to be farcical at best, and absolutely horrible writing betraying a ruinously doofus misunderstanding of Wakanda in general.

Wakanda surpassed EMP tech nearly 999,000 years ago if we start with the 1 Million BC incarnation [ I actually start before that, because Wakanda is already established by the time the Prehistoric Avengers are assembled ]. Furthermore...in my fanfic...T'Chaka has established and T'Challa has refined and expanded WAKANDA KUBASEMZINI..."Wakanda to Foreigners/Outsiders"... which is the "Wakanda" we see in 99.99% of comics. This is a faux Wakanda designed to misdirect the world regarding the location, population, technology etc of Wakanda and the place where all Outworlders except Ramona and Ororo [ because both of these abasemzini..."Outworlders/foreigners"...became Queens ] have been to, and which all Outworlders...even Captain America...think is Wakanda Prime Proper.

T'Challa may allow certain offenses or outrages to befall the LMD populated WAKANDA KUBASEMZINI if doing so furthers his various brilliant, oblique ploys. However, Wakanda Prime Proper remains proof against all violators: Thanos, Marvel Zombies, the end of the 7th iteration of The Marvel Universe and its rebirth via the will of T'Challa and the Reality Gem.

Of course T'Challa and Wakanda would have loooong known how to survive the end of all things. After all, they received tutelage from Bast and Bastet...The Panther God and Panther Goddess...who are the children of Ra. And Ra is the child of Ptah aka The One Above All.Wakanda has long had a Protocol for such a happenstance; after all the end of all that there is happened fully 7 times before T'Challa reincarnated all that there is. How could T'Challa recreate all that there is if he didn't already know how to do so, or at least receive some kind of training that he could extrapolate from in order to make such a literally beyond the ken of mortals and all gods below The One Above All, if he didn't receive such training from the source or had such information grandfathered down to him?

Exactly.

So an EMP? Please! Wakandan children stopped using EMPs for toys 998,800 years ago. 
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

The look is cool, some of the most detail he ever gets. That's the only good thing

T'Challa's habit should always be drawn with all that vibranium detailing but alas.

Not at all, it NEVER benefits T'Challa, do while Storm is allowed to get down with whomever, we are stuck seeing T'Challa pine after Storm with this "One true love" simping that isnt a good look. Bring back the priest and Hudlin T'Challa who had swagger on swagger and didn't sit at the door awaiting Storms return like a puppy. Give me the T'Challa who had women literally fighting over him

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

Not at all, it NEVER benefits T'Challa, do while Storm is allowed to get down with whomever, we are stuck seeing T'Challa pine after Storm with this "One true love" simping that isnt a good look. Bring back the priest and Hudlin T'Challa who had swagger on swagger and didn't sit at the door awaiting Storms return like a puppy. Give me the T'Challa who had women literally fighting over him

I definitely want the swagger on top of swagger, got alllll the women up in a lather T'Challa Black Panther. That was definitely Hudlin Panther.

But Hudlin Panther? Was also definitely in love ONLY with Ororo. So it's not T'Chorro that you're objecting to. You...and I...object to the simpification of T'Challa popularized by the racist X-Office in regards to T'Chorro. T'Chorro as The Premier Power Couple in Comics is an incredibly important affirmation of Black love, it's more than absolutely fine, definitely incredibly cool, and actually true.

The diss of T'Challa's character by the White writers and TurnCoates? That's what we all universally find repuslive. Not the very notion or concept or execution of T'Chorro.

So? We keep T'Chorro...especially in this day and agewit hthe massive assault upon the very notion of we Afrikans seeking each oher as mates...but we put the onus and the punishment where it belongs: on the hater White male racist creator and their TurnCoates enablers.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
I dont like the concept, but she is pretty precious. New alternative timeline daughter. At least they confirm the fatherhood unlike that other daughter. Lol.

https://worldofblackheroes.com/2022/01/12/nkosazana-character/
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

I definitely want the swagger on top of swagger, got alllll the women up in a lather T'Challa Black Panther. That was definitely Hudlin Panther.

But Hudlin Panther? Was also definitely in love ONLY with Ororo. So it's not T'Chorro that you're objecting to. You...and I...object to the simpification of T'Challa popularized by the racist X-Office in regards to T'Chorro. T'Chorro as The Premier Power Couple in Comics is an incredibly important affirmation of Black love, it's more than absolutely fine, definitely incredibly cool, and actually true.

The diss of T'Challa's character by the White writers and TurnCoates? That's what we all universally find repuslive. Not the very notion or concept or execution of T'Chorro.

So? We keep T'Chorro...especially in this day and agewit hthe massive assault upon the very notion of we Afrikans seeking each oher as mates...but we put the onus and the punishment where it belongs: on the hater White male racist creator and their TurnCoates enablers.

I'm sick of the whole thing. It's too toxic. I am all for premier black couple, but one from a franchise that's not so rabid with Their "exotic" member. Monica Rambeau would be much preferred, and the game Hudlin had T'Challa out on her? Shoulda went with her instead, hell they might of still been together at this point

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

I'm sick of the whole thing. It's too toxic. I am all for premier black couple, but one from a franchise that's not so rabid with Their "exotic" member. Monica Rambeau would be much preferred, and the game Hudlin had T'Challa out on her? Shoulda went with her instead, hell they might of still been together at this point

I hear what you're saying. If the X-Office is the determining force of T'Chorro? Then as surely as night follows day, toxicity will follow T'Chorro at some point.

However.

The X-Office DOES NOT determine or define T'Chorro . The BP writers set the relationship into motion in the modern era.  In a beautiful, poetic, lyrical display of distinctly non-USA culture, CJP resurrected the love between the two in his run.

Then Hudlin knocked it out of the park and off the planet with his magnificent MARRIAGE OF THE CENTURY. Plus he had T'Challa rockin the primary habit of my BP which I'd been clamoring for since CJP's run: black uniform, gold highlights. So dope. But for my BP? I wanted Alkebulan script blending tech, west Alkebulan script and medu-ntr limning the suit when energy pulsed through it, instead of the current circuitry/grid-like glyphing we see now.

combo packed with ERIC JEROME DICKEY'S STORM minisereis [ may Eric RIP, I still can't believe he's gone! We miss and love you, brutha ] .

Every BP scribe since then has treated the marriage respectfully, and their subsequent relationship respectfully, showing both characters lovign each other. Without simping out T'Challa.

Except for TurnCoates, who utterly suckafied T'Challa in his generally horrible run on the book. In this regard, TurnCoates was a chocolate X-Writer, neutering T'Challa. Emasculating him. And I think that's another reason why you, my much respected Brother Ezyo ba Auditore ba sai Ezyo daga Alkebulan..."Ezyo not Auditore but Ezyo from Alkebulan [ Alkebulan is the oldest term for "Afrika" that our indigenous people have records for, and which the utterly brilliant Dr. Cheikh Ante Diop uncovered: "In "Kemetic History of Afrika", Dr cheikh Anah Diop writes, “The ancient name of Africa was Alkebulan. Alkebu-lan “mother of mankind” or “garden of Eden”.” Alkebulan is the oldest and the only word of indigenous origin. It was used by the Moors, Nubians, Numidians, Khart-Haddans (Carthagenians), and Ethiopians. Africa, the current misnomer adopted by almost everyone today, was given to this continent by the ancient Greeks and Romans.”

https://guardian.ng/life/what-is-africas-original-name/#:~:text=Alkebu%2Dlan%20%E2%80%9Cmother%20of%20mankind,(Carthagenians)%2C%20and%20Ethiopians.

]  so particulary and understandably offended by T'Chorro. During TurnCoates' run? The symbiotic relationship between the writers and offices seeking to leech T'Challa's fame to elevate Storm while suckafying T'Challa was obvious, pernicious and persistent. It wasn't until after TurnCoates took my idea of Wakanda Wafalme Wa Nyota/Daular Taurari [ "Kingdom/Empire of the Stars" ] which he [ brilliantly, give him props for the good things he does ] turned into a 5 galaxy empire [ then of course...being TurnCoates...he completely screwed up every other detail ] that he put the suckafication of T'Challa in the T'Chorro relationship away.

Given that history? Imo, your revulsion for the topic is reasonable. But the source of that revulsion is imo misplaced. Because the blame and/or accolades should be laid squarely on the shoulders of the writers, and their respective offices. When CJP wrote T'Chorro? We loved it. Hudlin wrote T'Chorro? The entire comics world was dazzled and frazzled by it [ unleashing upon us that "storm of Storm" fans which resulted in HEF learning of and essentially retaining the great Rutog. Rutog is the greatest Storm fan that I've ever seen or known ]. The love was overall vibrantly more palpable. Even Hickman...in a surprise twist during TRO Time Runs Out... wrote the pair with respect and nuance, as this was T'Challa's choice for spending his final days [ then Sub-Mariner and The Cabal saved them all...and didn't get anywhere near enough credit or applause for it... by destroying the Incursive Earth; wasn't that incredible? ]

Ndugo Ezio [ Brother Ezio ]. Because the depiction of T'Chorro springs directly from the perception of the writer? Let's give Ridley [ SHOULD HAVE BEEN REDJACK WRITING THE MAIN BOOK, EVAN NARCISSE WRITING A DOPE SPIN OFF LIKE "THE ROYALS" OR SOMETHING ] who I heard is dope himself [ I heard that he is killin it writing "I AM BATMAN" with Jace Fox as the star, and the first for real Black Batman ] a chance to spin Ridley T'Chorro, Ridley BP, and see where we go from there.

Btw. Monica Rambeau? Is still an outsider. She doesn't even have royal Alkebulan blood within her, as Ororo does. Monica would run into the same drama that Monica Lynn and Ramonda mama malkia aliyedhamiria..."Queen Mother Ramonda The Determined"...ran into. The nonWakandan thing. Ororo ran into the nonWakandan thing, too, but Ororo was able to alleviate much of it with her direct Alkebulan lineage, royalty, long history of being in love with specifically T'Challa predating anyone's history with him including Monica Lynn's history with T'Challa, etc etc.

CJP was right. Hudlin was right. It's T'Chorro, baby. All the way. And all we need is a respectful writer to restore T'Chorro to its proper luster and shine. Ridley just might do it; but not in this upcoming issue.

Still, though: ALL HAIL REDJACK!! And Bring Back Evan Naricesse!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 07:38:26 am by supreme illuminati »
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Brother S.I. I understand that it's the writers and not the characters, However, even IF every BP writer wrote them respectfully, all it takes in 1 x writer to undo it all. They don't play ball.  Even after they were divorced for YEARS, x writers took pot shots at T'Challa. I'm ready to see T'Challa actually be in a relationship with someone who is either from his franchise, or not for. The x franchise. According to what x writer's put Wakandans didn't trust storm Because she is a mutant. Do if T'Challa was with Monica lynn it's no different with Monica Rambeau except Wakandans would probably Like her more because she wouldn't be finicky with her allegiance

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
I dont like the concept, but she is pretty precious. New alternative timeline daughter. At least they confirm the fatherhood unlike that other daughter. Lol.

https://worldofblackheroes.com/2022/01/12/nkosazana-character/

Point taken, sir.
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Brother S.I. I understand that it's the writers and not the characters, However, even IF every BP writer wrote them respectfully, all it takes in 1 x writer to undo it all. They don't play ball.  Even after they were divorced for YEARS, x writers took pot shots at T'Challa. I'm ready to see T'Challa actually be in a relationship with someone who is either from his franchise, or not for. The x franchise. According to what x writer's put Wakandans didn't trust storm Because she is a mutant. Do if T'Challa was with Monica lynn it's no different with Monica Rambeau except Wakandans would probably Like her more because she wouldn't be finicky with her allegiance

Brother Ezyo, every point you made above is absolutely valid. You're 100% right, all it takes is ONE X-cuse of a writer to [ if I may be excused for dipping into my street background a bit ] decide to break out the metaphorical dildo to screw the T'Chorro thing.... and it's done.

But. Given the unyielding prominence of T'Challa's profile and Fiege's overall command of creativity in Marvel...do you really think that's going to happen? I don't think so. I think we're looking at nigh irreversible Panther momentum in the opposite direction.

Consider that Hickman and Aaron are the two heaviest hitters in the Marvel writing franchise...and both wrote BP performing unprecedented feats, with unprecedented prominence and neither trashed the T'Chorro connection. Not only that? Hickman is literally the most important writer in X-franchise history [ something I'd never say, due to the towering Chris Claremont's contributions ].He has written respectfully of T'Chorro literally every single time he's touched on the topic.  This signals very clearly that as long as T'Challa maintains his worldwide profile? The X-Chumps HAVE TO PLAY BALL. They HAVE TO. And? Literally all the prominent X-writers ACTUALLY WANT TO PLAY BALL.

And with the #recastT'Challa movement gaining steam and converts worldwide? T'Challa will be back, clawing through records and pouncing atop the heap of the highest grossing movies of all time...yet again. I really liked SPIDER MAN: NO WAY HOME, but the only reason that movie topped BP 1? Is because BP 2 wasn't out already [ current titles in a trilogy tend to renew interest in the past titles, so people go watch it, buy it, etc for the first time and/or again ].

If we sieze this opportunity...[ and we are doing so ]..? T'Challa will not lapse into the shadows again. The NEW norm? Will be Alkebulan Love, Alkebulan Power. Exactly like our own R to the H...whose board we're on, let us not forget my fellow HEFfas...very rightly, forthrightly, bravely, brilliantly and presciently set into motion, plus defended tooth and nail.

T'Chorro will and truly needs to be THE NEW STATUS QUO. And with more and more of us surging to the forefront and more and more of The Stody Old Guard kicking the proverbial bucket? With the increasingly meteoric "rise" of Alkebulan [ Alkebulan IS RIGHT NOW AND HAS ALWAYS BEEN THE MOST IMPORTANT CONTINENT ON EARTH TO HUMAN BEINGS, but that truth is held by evil Colonizers on "stealth mode" while these repulsive soulless immoral devil Colonizers besiege the continent. They're doing everything they can to keep us out in The Diaspora while they ransack and ravage our homeland. But more and more of us are catching on to the trick and moving to The Motherland plus raising our kids there. I'm moving to The Motherland in 10 years, Ancestors willing ].  It's essential that we nail this down now. So that current, near and far future generations will grow up with T'Chorro the way we grew up with Mr. And Mrs. Fantastic aka Mr. and Mrs. Reed Richards.

There's more at stake than the petty squabbles we have with the X-crement X-cuses and X-cusers.

Wacha tuweke macho yetu kwenye tuzo. "Let's keep our eyes on the prize".
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 01:38:05 pm by supreme illuminati »
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline BlackClaw

• Yes my teeth and ambitions are bared! Be prepared!
    • View Profile
Supreme I hope you’re right about T’Challa not lapsing into the Shadows again.

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
After seeing some of the pages here, I bought the issue. While I liked revisiting/reviving the marriage here, I didn't care for the depiction.
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Storm checks T'Challa, even though he's worried about her health.  After Storm checks T'Challa that's it for him in this issue.

And later Dr. Doom makes a dig at Wakanda, implying that he could easily conquer it (though right after he says that Wakanda is nicer than the Europe of this alternate reality). I did like the designs for both T'Challa and Storm though.
I also liked the Dark Ages premise. It reminded me of DC's Flashpoint.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
And people wonder why I am completely and utterly over with this pairing. It's in these writers blood. They can't HELP but have Storm act some way all the time to T'Challa. It gets old real fast and it's not a relationship built on mutual respect