Author Topic: Spider Man / Civil War  (Read 15526 times)

Offline zulu801

• Honorary Wakandan
  • No matter how hard you try you can't stop this..
    • View Profile
Spider Man / Civil War
« on: July 25, 2006, 06:26:42 pm »
the battle has begun and Spidey / PP will be confused (do you think?  I think so)

CIENCIANO

Re: Spider Man / Civil War
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 09:41:10 am »
really this spidey withou a secret identity is absurd IMO. ok, you have good material for 1 or 2 years of stories, and then what??
c'mon the real spidey is Lee/Ditko spidey, and the versions inspired by them.
even the Strascynski/Romita Jr. was cool.

but spidey without a secret identity??
no man, no.

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 10:36:35 am »
i guess we'll see how this goes, in the short and long run.  If I was on the writing/editing team, I would have voted no.  But seeing as how this is the current reality, I'd like to see some things addressed:  I'm sure some of them have already, but I'm just compiling a list right now--

Reactions from key supporting cast:

Jonah- i'm sure he'll try to sue for a billion dollars-- but this is a great opportunity to highlight jonah's hypocrisy over the years.. and IMO, the lawsuit doesn't have much ground to stand on-- it's not like The Bugle had a standing policy that says ‘super heroes cannot sell photos of themselves’, and I’m sure the freelance contracts—if there were any—didn’t say anything about full disclosure about alternate identities.. Pete should get Matt Murdock on his team.. oh, wait-- he's in jail..  :-\

Robbie- I think he really knew, but told Jonah otherwise just to avoid the argument..

Flash- currently, he has the Jerk/bully personality again, but now I guess he’s going to try to get all buddy-buddy with Peter now—which, of course, they used to be pals, but Flash had evolved out of his jerk-mode.. now—it just rings false.. I hope that Peter tells him where to get off..

Liz Allen/Osborn- now she knows about the truth about the Goblin conflicts; not sure how she’ll react to Harry eventually dying in relation to it, though..

Debra Whitman—oooh—she’d be a great forgotten cast member to bring back—after all that mental stress she went through thinking Pete was Spider-Man.. heh-heh..

Randy Robertson—I can see Randy selling T-shirts of he & Pete together and trying out for reality shows: “I was spider-Man’s roommate!”

I really hope Spidey gets to keep the new outfit, but I suspect it may not 'last'..
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2006, 01:12:05 am »
She-Hulk's tricked Jonah into believing she'll help sue Spidey for fraud. But I swear, Jonah's hypocrisy gets old quick.
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

Offline Marvelous

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2006, 01:39:12 am »
Someone in Spidey's family has to die...

"2. IF YOU DON'T READ THE BOOK BUT ARE WILLING TO ARGUE ABOUT IT EITHER YOU ARE:
a) An idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.
b) A liar who is a fan who can't admit it to himself or others."

Offline zulu801

• Honorary Wakandan
  • No matter how hard you try you can't stop this..
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2006, 08:03:26 am »
Regardless of for or against PP (marvel) revealing to the world he is SM, this will go down as one of the biggest moments in comic history.  The success of this will be based on how Marvel has written the storyline within TY and NY (next year).

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2006, 03:33:28 pm »
really this spidey withou a secret identity is absurd IMO. ok, you have good material for 1 or 2 years of stories, and then what??
c'mon the real spidey is Lee/Ditko spidey, and the versions inspired by them.
even the Strascynski/Romita Jr. was cool.

but spidey without a secret identity??
no man, no.

Between this and what they are doing to the FF, I think Marvel is in very close danger of "jumping the shark."

Offline Rollo_Tomasi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2006, 04:55:21 pm »
I like it. It's not going to be permanent, and it'll make for an interesting story.
"There are no hereditary kings in America and no powers not created by the Constitution''

-- U.S. District Judge Anna Diggs Taylor

CIENCIANO

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2006, 07:06:59 pm »
I like it. It's not going to be permanent, and it'll make for an interesting story.

it's not going to be permament?? this is happening in the main marvel universe, not in a parallel dimension. how could things return to its previous condition?.
i think Marvel is doing permanent changes, and i don't like that changes.
Spider-man without secret identity?? it sucks, it kills the character.

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2006, 08:42:44 pm »
So how is this going to fixed? Will they use the Scarlet Witch to do a Dallas?
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

Offline Rollo_Tomasi

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2006, 10:09:17 pm »
The super-easy way? Reality warping via Dr. Strange/Scarlet Witch/Whoever. Maybe the Annihilation Event screws things up somehow?

The "good" easy way? He fakes his own death/creates a new, forged identity.

Who cares? If it sucks, I'll complain about it then. For the time being, it's part of a story I'm enjoying. When Marvel Comics is paying me to worry about how it'll work out, I will. Until then, I remain intrigued.
"There are no hereditary kings in America and no powers not created by the Constitution''

-- U.S. District Judge Anna Diggs Taylor

Offline Wise Son

• Honorary Wakandan
  • "intelligent and slightly Black. I'm from the 80s"
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2006, 06:34:10 am »
[it's not going to be permament?? this is happening in the main marvel universe, not in a parallel dimension. how could things return to its previous condition?.
Permanent? No such thing. Not since Jean Grey and Magneto came back from the dead multiple times, the clone saga, yadda yadda yadda, has anything been permanent in comics. The only question is how some writer's going to back out of this a year or two down the line.

"Children, if you are tired, keep going; if you are hungry, keep going; if you want to taste freedom, keep going."
-Harriet Tubman
http://yo

CIENCIANO

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2006, 08:28:53 am »
[it's not going to be permament?? this is happening in the main marvel universe, not in a parallel dimension. how could things return to its previous condition?.
Permanent? No such thing. Not since Jean Grey and Magneto came back from the dead multiple times, the clone saga, yadda yadda yadda, has anything been permanent in comics. The only question is how some writer's going to back out of this a year or two down the line.

but comics are going more serious in the modern times, at this point 2006, to use a cosmic cube or something to fix all this civil war saga ( supposedly a based on reality saga ) would be ridiculous.

Offline Toya

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Indifferent.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2006, 10:20:25 am »
Is it bad if I want Spidey to get his arse kicked. Badly. Why?

1. His identity revelation was motivated by MJ and Aunt May, but I won't be surprised if one of 'em goes.

2. This guy and his smart-ass attitude is funny in and only in the right place--yeah I'm still nursing my dislike for that "butt-kicking button" quip.

3. I wany him to crawl back to Cap, tentacles dragging between his legs when he realize what a jerk-tastic guy Iron Man is. Not to mention the stupidity of SHRA.

4. Wanda gonna reset it all anyways.

Kewl, I'm /\/ow 0ff1c14lly a l337 comicbook g33k.  8)
...Rassclaat.

Offline JRCarter

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2006, 08:35:15 pm »
Is it bad if I want Spidey to get his arse kicked. Badly. Why?

1. His identity revelation was motivated by MJ and Aunt May, but I won't be surprised if one of 'em goes.

2. This guy and his smart-ass attitude is funny in and only in the right place--yeah I'm still nursing my dislike for that "butt-kicking button" quip.

3. I wany him to crawl back to Cap, tentacles dragging between his legs when he realize what a jerk-tastic guy Iron Man is. Not to mention the stupidity of SHRA.

4. Wanda gonna reset it all anyways.

Kewl, I'm /\/ow 0ff1c14lly a l337 comicbook g33k.  8)

But you wouldn't mind seeing him punch Tony in the face on the way out the door, would you?