Author Topic: Black Panther in Ultimates 3 (with a Joe Mad drawn BP!)  (Read 62388 times)

Offline Blanks

• Publishing my own comics!
    • View Profile
Re: Black Panther in Ultimates 3 (with a Joe Mad drawn BP!)
« Reply #135 on: February 21, 2008, 04:45:50 pm »
A part of me is hopping, just a tiny bit, that maybe this is just the writer's way of fukking with us. Maybe all this, just for us to think that the Panther is Cap, when in the end, he is T'Chala.

Ah, who am I kidding. I mean, c'mon, they bastardized Panther in the Ultimate Avengers cartoon, and now this? Yeesh. The Ultimate Universe is getting lighter all the time. We got what? Falcon and Nick Fury, Storm (for all that is worth) and War Machine in a flashback tale (and it wouldn't surprise me if they killed him off, thus why we haven't seen him in current storylines or even mentioned for that matter). Bishop is dead, Power-Man is a joke and no other black character has been ultimatized, and it wouldn't surprise me if they kill off War Machine at the end of the Ultimate Iron Man 2 arch.

Could we get an Ultimate Prowler? An Ultimate Night Trasher? Ultimate Nightwatch? Ultimate Cloak? Ultimate Sync? Ultimate Rocket Racer? Ultimate Slide? Hell, I'd love an Utlimate Blade series that would do the character justice.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 01:16:06 pm by RADIKAL »

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 21, 2008, 05:12:20 pm »
on the other hand, Cap as Black Panther could actually be a good thing.  Why?  Because it means that someone else can write a GOOD ultimate Black Panther.  After all, just because there is a fake BP, doesn't mean there isn't a real one.  It even gives ground for a good Cap/BP fight in the U.U.

Offline Blanks

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 21, 2008, 05:13:30 pm »
true on that.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 05:18:15 pm by RADIKAL »

Offline DJfunkyPuddle

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 21, 2008, 07:50:42 pm »
Could we get an Ultimate Prowler? An Ultimate Night Trasher? Ultimate Nightwatch? Ultimate Sync, and let them LIVE?

Man, you totally read my mind.  I've been praying for the return of Nightwatch for so long it's not even funny.  I even wrote into Ult. Spider-Man when it came out to bring my boy in.  I mean, come on, an intelligent black man with a bad-ass cape and an almost all-black cast?  It was so great and ended waaayyy too early.  Nightwatch is the the missing piece to T'Challa's U.S. team.

Offline JRCarter

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 21, 2008, 08:36:04 pm »
Except Nightwatch is dead.

Offline Blanks

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 22, 2008, 03:27:17 am »
simple solution to that. House of M. Hawkeye was resurrected because of it. Why not other characters?

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 22, 2008, 08:00:28 am »
Probably the only answer he'll give the Ultimates is "I'm Black Panther, bitches!".
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

Offline Yaw

• Brother Voodoo (Papa Vodu)- The Foundation
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 22, 2008, 08:08:16 am »
on the other hand, Cap as Black Panther could actually be a good thing.  Why?  Because it means that someone else can write a GOOD ultimate Black Panther.  After all, just because there is a fake BP, doesn't mean there isn't a real one.  It even gives ground for a good Cap/BP fight in the U.U.

I agree I think I stated when BP was first anno0unced that I didn't want Loeb introducing him to the Ultimate Universe.

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
  • You gots to have vision, Willie!
    • View Profile
    • PapiCatch22's Urban Suite
« Reply #143 on: February 22, 2008, 08:16:59 am »
Yeah, and who wouldn't want to see Ultimate T'Challa layeth the smacketh down on Ultimate Cap for desecrating his sacred Panther garb. 

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 22, 2008, 08:29:43 am »

I agree I think I stated when BP was first anno0unced that I didn't want Loeb introducing him to the Ultimate Universe.

Here's the question:  if you had to recreate BP for the Ultimate Universe, would you create him "as is" from the mainstream universe or would you turn him into a "thor-level" hero with a different power set?

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #145 on: February 22, 2008, 01:02:12 pm »
As is,with a Ultimate twist.Maybe some dreads.More angular,feline face.Return of his old skool "cat eyes" from the miniseries wherein he squared off against The Panther God,Baal.Return of his connection with panthers.Amplify his foot speed to cheetah level or beyond,amp his hunting senses and persona.Make him far faster,far more agile,far quicker,far more acrobatic than Cap...more acrobatic and agile than Beast (just under 616 Spidey),equal in strength to Cap.Genius like 616.Intro him by having him do to The Ultimates largely what he did to the FF in his first intro,whoopin off on everyone except Cap (he whoops off on Ultimate Wolverine too).Turns out the real BP loaned Cap a Coal Tiger habit,as the Ultimate BP garb is DIFFERENT than 616 BP gear...kinda like a midnight black and gold version of Priest's BP,but more "Ultimate"...more hardcore,more pantherine,more armored.BP lays waste to the Ultimates because the ramifications of their wars--against the Skrulls and the coalition of superhumans that took over America--threatened Wakanda in some way.Ultimate Wakanda's Wakandan Wars come into play here,and we have that mess explained,and BP becomes an ally,as he's already cool with Ultimate Falcon,Ultimate Cage...and has an alliance with them through his U.S. operatives:

Nightwatch.Led by Supreme Power Night Hawk.

Ultimate BP's secret international superpowered strike force is The Crew +Ultimate QDV,led .
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Blanks

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 22, 2008, 03:53:01 pm »
Here's the question:  if you had to recreate BP for the Ultimate Universe, would you create him "as is" from the mainstream universe or would you turn him into a "thor-level" hero with a different power set?

I think I posted this once before here, not quite sure. But here goes...

Me, I'd create Ultimate T'Challa around the age of 20-24. He would be a prince in exile, because during the Wakanda Wars, (as mentioned in Ultimate Spiderman) several of the rouge Wakandian's tribes overthrew the crown and killed T'Challa's father, with help of Klaw. Barely escaping the country with his life, a teen T'Challa spends the next ten years training his mind, body and soul from representatives of Wakanda that were placed in places all over the world, from America, China, Russia, Japan, and so on to become the ultimate modern day warrior. Also, T'Challa would be persecuted from all over the planet for being the sole-living representation of the Panther Spirit, which has ties to the Egyptian gods and Thor, which would eventually put T'Challa in demi-god status, over a period of years.

I'd have his introduction to the Ultimate world be in UFF. He'd become more like Namor was to Reed in 616. Since Reed and Sue aren't married in UFF, I'd make Sue hot in the pants for T'Challa. Have him run into Ultimate Storm, and throw some romantic vibes between the two Just to piss on the fanbratti, even if nothing develops between the two. Monica Lynne, would be an actual r&b star, along the lines of Alicia Keys with popularity (I can't remember if she was a big-time singer in 616 or not).

The Beloveds, are older. More like den Mothers rather than Wives in training. Jack Cole, would be an American-Wakandian operative, who helps T'Challa deal with American life, for Jack was there for years. Kasper would be a kid, roughly 8-9 years of age. His other allies would be Thor, Falcon and an better reinterpretation of Luke Cage, that is if that Power Man shown in Ultimates 2 was not Luke.

Ultimate Panther's villains would of course be Klaw, Killmonger, Hunter (who is not his adopted brother), Dr. Doom, and the Masters of Evil, who aided Klaw in his assistance in helping the rival tribes in overthrowing the King of Wakanda, Deadpool and Wolverine. Yes, I said it, Wolverine. And it would be T'Challa who places those three slices across Wolverine/Cable's face, and viberanuim would be poising Wolverine's blood, thus why he cannot regenerate, heal. Booyah, fan-bratti.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 04:10:25 pm by RADIKAL »

Offline sinjection

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 22, 2008, 06:11:31 pm »
As is,with a Ultimate twist.Maybe some dreads.More angular,feline face.Return of his old skool "cat eyes" from the miniseries wherein he squared off against The Panther God,Baal.Return of his connection with panthers.Amplify his foot speed to cheetah level or beyond,amp his hunting senses and persona.Make him far faster,far more agile,far quicker,far more acrobatic than Cap...more acrobatic and agile than Beast (just under 616 Spidey),equal in strength to Cap.Genius like 616.

The Black Panther you've described for us supreme, is how T'Challa should have always been in my always humble opinion. Like you supreme, I too enjoyed the Peter B. Gillis/Denys Cowan T'Challa (feline eyes and cat-like face under the cowl of the Royal Habit), as he appeared in the 1988 4-issue miniseries. I wouldn't go braids or dreads with T'Challa as the form of such a hairstyle would be apparent under the tight, form-fitting cowl. This is one thing that I couldn't understand with Priest's Killmonger Black Panther. How is it the cowl didn't bulge where Killmonger's clutch of braids were underneath? I do believe that Priest's T'Challa is the second-best I've ever seen. The bald head, shades and even the facial hair gave him a powerful, masculine appearance and again like you supreme, that depiction put me in mind of Avery Brooks' A Man Called Hawk...now if that character was ever featured in a comicbook, I'd buy the publication.

A combination of Priest's and Peter B. Gillis' T'Challa would be perfect for the Ultimate version of the character. However, since it appears jeph loeb (name in lowercase to indicate my current disdain for this individual), has reversed the "Nick Fury phenomenon" and re-created the Ultimate version of the Black Panther as a white American - when again in my always humble opinion, the Black Panther might have been better off had he been created as a black American in the first place...this is NOT to say I don't PREFER the Wakandan Black Panther of course - we may never see the version of T'Challa which brings together the best elements of Priest's and Gillis' characters.

Now Tyrone Johnson, a.k.a. Cloak, would look great with braids or dreads and the hairstyle would make sense for him as it is likely Ty doesn't have much time to visit the barber. Of course, for him to have such a hairstyle would mean that Tandy Bowen would have had to learn how to properly braid his hair.....  hmmmmmmm
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 06:16:52 pm by sinjection »
Reginald Hudlin's Black Panther IS THE Black Panther

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 22, 2008, 06:41:47 pm »
I hope one of those crazy mofos break Magneto's bones. They're the Ultimates, right? Time for them to 'Go Nagai" on his ass.
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

Offline Frostbite883

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 26, 2008, 04:45:15 pm »

And I believe it's pretty much for the better. After all, if the Ultimate Marvel writers want a "realistic" leotard/armor
wearing African king (or prince)/anti-hero than they should have indentifying marks of a nationality or loyalty to
his region as a defender of a nation and hero to his own people. Not that I'm saying they should go over board
with it, but that they should make the BP costume as realistic/culture-centered as possible. Although, it is
noted in different African civilizations that wearing animal materials is a revered symbol of a person's tribe,
this concept is not all that realistic as Christopher Priest's BP costume/armor doesn't depict a positive
and realistic view of african culture, experience and/or anything symbolic of african people's lives.
Stan Lee & Jack Kirby's BP leotard is no way stereotypical at all, but it didn't have any cultural background
and representation of Africa (and it's people) from the beginning of Black Panther (T'Challa)'s existence.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 03:21:44 am by Frostbite883 »