Author Topic: Black Panther in Ultimates 3 (with a Joe Mad drawn BP!)  (Read 62115 times)

Offline Blanks

• Publishing my own comics!
    • View Profile
Re: Black Panther in Ultimates 3 (with a Joe Mad drawn BP!)
« Reply #165 on: September 30, 2008, 05:57:45 pm »
been waiting to see how Ultimates 3 ended before I even attempted to try to send in my submission. But now with the Ultimate Captain America Annual coming out, where he meets the Panther for the first time,  if that issue doesn't dwell on the Panther's origin, I'm defiantly gonna submit my revised/revamped Ultimate Panther pitch.

Offline DJfunkyPuddle

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 30, 2008, 08:09:59 pm »
Kind of riding blkyoda's coattails on the ultimate ideas, but this is one (short one) I thought of several months ago that depicts T'Challa as a villain:

What Ult. BP was Isiah Bradley, with a close origin to Red, White, and Black, but after he was used up and the formula was given to Steve Rogers to create the first "all-American" super-soldier, T'Chaka bought him (the group that makes the serum is "evil" and puts their projects on on a black market bid) and uses him as a personal guard and pawn in the super-human community?

T'Challa gets jealous of T'Chaka's (love, respect, etc.} for Black Panther and becomes the Ult. Klaw, killing T'Chaka--Wakanda Wars--and becomes the ruler of Wakanda, but in a Doom-style position.

Jealous thing is supposed to be like Hunter from Priest, Ult. version, Hunter would just be an advisor; Kasper Cole could be T'Challa's accomplice. Maybe the super-soldier serum could prolong life, so Isiah isn't aged that much, meaning T'Challa's grandfather could have bought him, creating a "legacy" of the Black Panther, while keeping him the same person throughout time, like biting off of Bucky from 616 (but not biting).

J.R. LeMar

« Reply #167 on: October 02, 2008, 06:56:48 am »

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 02, 2008, 09:08:25 am »
Ultimate Captain America Annual preview:

http://comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=1127&disp=table

Does this mean that Tarzan is the Ultimate BP?

Offline Blanks

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 02, 2008, 07:12:32 pm »
been waiting to see how Ultimates 3 ended before I even attempted to try to send in my submission. But now with the Ultimate Captain America Annual coming out, where he meets the Panther for the first time,  if that issue doesn't dwell on the Panther's origin, I'm defiantly gonna submit my revised/revamped Ultimate Panther pitch.

Ultimate Captain America Annual preview:

http://comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=1127&disp=table

Well, there goes that submission down the drain...

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #170 on: October 04, 2008, 06:37:36 pm »
I said it before: I like the uber sexy Joe mad women and the sex scenes and the art in general for the most part.I like the book so far so of course I don't think ULT 3 sux either.It's nowhere near as tite as MILLAR/HITCH ULTIMATES,though,IMHO.And I really liked how Wasp asserted her authority as team leader when Cap's deception was revealed.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Blanks

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 04, 2008, 07:57:21 pm »
not me. I've tried to enjoy Ult. 3 for what it was worth, but I really can't. Not because of the disappointment of not having a REAL Black Panther, but it was still a rather lack-luster story. Not even Joe MAD's awesome artwork could save it for me. Here's hope that Ultimates 4 is better.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 04, 2008, 08:01:56 pm »
I don't know what drove me away faster-the awful story, making the incest overt or the art.  I liked his art on other books-he does work well in fantasy-but not here.

Offline Frostbite883

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 05, 2008, 05:45:34 am »
I mean, Millar had Nick Fury lose an arm in Ultimates 2, which they still haven't explain on how he still has it in Ultimate Power or the new Supreme Power mini.

That scene seemed powerful at the time but has become pretty worthless.  He loses an arm in one issue and then shows up with two arms every time after  What the...?

It's revealed (in the Ultimate Secrets comic book guide) that Ulti. Nick was given a bionic right arm to replaced
the one he lost in Ultimates 2.

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
  • We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
    • View Profile
    • Grab Them By The Pod
« Reply #174 on: October 05, 2008, 06:45:51 am »
I mean, Millar had Nick Fury lose an arm in Ultimates 2, which they still haven't explain on how he still has it in Ultimate Power or the new Supreme Power mini.

That scene seemed powerful at the time but has become pretty worthless.  He loses an arm in one issue and then shows up with two arms every time after  What the...?

It's revealed (in the Ultimate Secrets comic book guide) that Ulti. Nick was given a bionic right arm to replaced
the one he lost in Ultimates 2.

ah ha, thanks for the info!

Offline Blanks

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 05, 2008, 11:41:46 am »
that's cool, but it would have been better knowledge if it was revealed in an actual comic rather than a guide. I mean like, they couldn't just throw a spark out of his arm when Doom knocked him out during Ultimate Power? Must have been the same kind of tech that Ultimate Monica has for her robotic arm, only with cloned flesh, or maybe that flesh in can that Will Smith used in I, Robot, haha.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 11:45:14 am by BLANKS!!! »

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 11, 2008, 05:54:05 pm »
that's cool, but it would have been better knowledge if it was revealed in an actual comic rather than a guide. I mean like, they couldn't just throw a spark out of his arm when Doom knocked him out during Ultimate Power? Must have been the same kind of tech that Ultimate Monica has for her robotic arm, only with cloned flesh, or maybe that flesh in can that Will Smith used in I, Robot, haha.

Ultimate Monica?
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Blanks

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 11, 2008, 06:25:37 pm »
Ultimate Monica?

Misty Knight in Ult. Nightmare mini, i meant.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 17, 2008, 07:59:01 pm »
aight I gotcha
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC: