Author Topic: The HEF New Members Processing Facility  (Read 112238 times)

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
Re: The HEF New Members Processing Facility
« Reply #105 on: February 26, 2010, 02:49:41 pm »
welcome to all of the new HEFfa's!
we're happy 2 have u here.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Blitz

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 16, 2010, 05:51:14 pm »
What's Up People,
        I have been checking this message board out for a while.  It seems cool, everybody seems tight and brings something a little different.  This is my first official post, I hope to be able to add something to this little community of ours.  As a little background, I am a big fan of Manga, but have being following the X-Men off and on.  A couple months ago I got into The Black Panther (BP) - well I first got hip to Wakanda & Storm marrying T'Challa - that's what lead me to the Panther.  I caught a deal at a comic book store and bought up all of Priest's (actually only missing a few), Hudlin's, and now Maberry's work - all of it was/is good work - they all added/adding a piece to BP's legacy.  I still can't believe I'm just finding knowing about BP.  Well, since then I have been and continue to spread the word to my circle of People - got some to start buying - after all its a business if you like it buy it or lose it.

Well that's all for now - Peace.

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 16, 2010, 06:29:27 pm »
Welcome!  And to all the new HEFFAS...how did you find out about the site?  What made you sign on and participate?

Offline Blitz

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 16, 2010, 06:36:31 pm »
Welcome!  And to all the new HEFFAS...how did you find out about the site?  What made you sign on and participate?

Well, after buying your BP books (which I liked- a lot) I looked you up on Google (for latest news type of thing), found this website -> this message board, then just monitored the interactions for awhile.  I thought this message board had a good blend of objective critics and big time BP fans, and I made up my mind to get off the side lines & into the game. That's about it.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 18, 2010, 01:18:01 pm »
we love it when lurkers become HEFfas!
welcome to the fam, blitz.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Offline Afro Samurai

• THE BLACK MAN IS GOD!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 09, 2010, 11:41:19 pm »
Well, I find this site from a link on gfaqs on the comic book & novel board. They was talking black panther there, I click on it, visit other boards on here, like what i read & just signed onto this wonderful site.
INTERRACIAL RELATIONSHIPS IS A SIN!!!!!! YOU'LL DIE QUICKER AND ALSO BURN IN HELL. THOSE ARE THE FACTS, BITCHES!!!!!!!!!

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 09, 2010, 10:49:38 am »
Salustrade in the house.

I've dropped a few posts on the forum but never formerly introduced myself.

I've been a fan of T'Challa and Wakanda from way back in the day but was never truly happy with the way he'd been portrayed until Christopher Priest revamped and revitalized the Black Panther via the Marvel Knights imprint.

Loved everything Priest did with T'Challa but really hated the Everett K .Ross character as I felt he trivialised the book somewhat.

Nonetheless, loved Priest's run for the most part and stayed with it till the end.

Reginald Hudlin's take on the character was unique and slightly different but it was no less grand than Priest's and I found myself once again caught up in the grandeur of T'Challa's adventures under the pen of someone who actually cared about the character enough to make him stand tall amongst other heavy hitters in the MU without fear or favour.

The real master stroke came with the marriage of T'Challa and Storm.

Watching haters pour out of the wood work to falsely accuse Mr Hudlin of being racist for pairing two people of African/African-American descent was hilarious as well as annoying but it was a truly great occasion that I really thank Mr Hudlin for orchestrating.

The introduction of Shuri into the mix was less welcomed by me and I'm even more pissed off that she's surplanted her brother as the "new" Black Panther in the issues leading up to Jonathan Maberry's Doomwar saga. (which I hate with a passion btw)

And I really wished Mr Hudlin ghad stayed on writing the main BP book so as to wrap up the Doom story in a much more satisfactory manner.

I thoroughly enjoyed Flags of Our Fathers and really look forward to Mr Hudlin penning more Black Panther related projects and can only dream that you return to writing the main book if Marvel ever decide to bring it back from hiatus/cancellation limbo.

Thanks for listening y'all.

Peace.

Offline Worldofblackheroes

• View Profile
    • Wolrd of Black Heroes
« Reply #112 on: October 06, 2010, 06:38:40 pm »
Hey Guys nice to meet and greet fellow Black Panther lovers :)
Just call me WOBH for short :P
I'm an online writer of sorts worked on Wikipedia and comicvine for couple years well now. I now run a few facebook pages most notably http://www.facebook.com/BlackHeroes and my new Blog http://worldofblackheroes.wordpress.com/ where I've reviewed all of Doomwar, Black Panther 1-12 and most of Hudlin's run.

I own all of Hudlins Black Panther run as well as Mabery and a slew of other Black superhero comics like Vixen return of the lion, War machine, Luke cage etc wont bore you with details :P lol

Like most of you I came in on the Hudlin train because of all the negatives I heard, always liked the preview art etc and frankly I just wanted to see what all the fuss was about and the first storyline sealed the deal ;D I'm now a die hard Black Panther fan and Hudlin defender (yay me) he actually told me about this place and that's why I'm here we've had a few exchanges over on facebook. While I don't think his run was "perfect" a few issues I couldn't care less for few but they do exist  :P. Ive also recently purchased the priest run but only read #1.

I'm looking forward to seeing what marvel does with Shuri and T'challa and to review the whole thing too.
Nice to meet everyone and I hope to make lost of friends  8)
thanks

Offline Metro

• View Profile
    • Monmouth University
« Reply #113 on: January 02, 2013, 02:52:07 pm »

So good to be back in the congregation.  Paster Reg, deacons, hope yall been doin well.

For newer folks, I used to be here under my typical webname "wgreason" and departed when the discussions motivated me to focus on political issues in my community for a couple years.  I pledged to come back after I had elected Senator Barack Obama twice (carrying Pennsylvania), published my two books, and built my new business.  With those five tasks accomplished, I had to come back and rejoin my friends here.

As always, for folks interested in making the most of educational opportunities worldwide, please visit my first website (www.waltergreason.com).

For people looking to start new businesses or grow existing ones, please complete the short survey at my new site (www.icmetrogrowth.com).

It is so wonderful to rejoin the community.

Sincerely,
Metro
Dean Walter Greason
The Honors School
Monmouth University
(twitter) @worldprofessor

Offline Marvelous

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX
« Reply #114 on: January 02, 2013, 03:16:40 pm »
Welcome back, Met.

"2. IF YOU DON'T READ THE BOOK BUT ARE WILLING TO ARGUE ABOUT IT EITHER YOU ARE:
a) An idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.
b) A liar who is a fan who can't admit it to himself or others."

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 03, 2013, 05:38:25 am »
Here's the funny part....on the set of DJANGO, I was nicknamed Reverend Hudlin!

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 03, 2013, 07:57:30 am »
Walt!!!!!!!! (now known as Metro!!!)
  Welcome back home and congratulations on your accomplishments!

Offline Metro

• View Profile
    • Monmouth University
« Reply #117 on: January 03, 2013, 09:15:19 am »

Thanks so much, gentlemen.  Marvelous and Mastermynd, I really appreciate the kind words of welcome.  Reg, you didn't know I was on set? smh (j/k)
Dean Walter Greason
The Honors School
Monmouth University
(twitter) @worldprofessor

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
  • One never knows, do one?
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 03, 2013, 12:23:36 pm »
Let me double down on that welcome home vibe, wgreason Metro.
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."
"Be hard on systems, but soft on people."

Offline Lion

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
  • Totally hatin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 03, 2013, 01:59:58 pm »
Welcome back, Doc!