Author Topic: Star Trek franchise  (Read 14750 times)

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Star Trek: Discovery
« Reply #165 on: July 15, 2019, 03:53:39 am »
Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 15, 2019, 11:40:34 pm »
http://comicbook.com/startrek/2019/07/15/star-trek-discovery-season-one-blu-ray-prime-day-sale/
I'm late as hell but I just watched the first two episodes of season one and started the third right before the plane landed.  I'm hooked in a way I didn't expect. 

I think serialized storytelling is the best format for Star Trek...better than the old series or the movies.  I can't wait to see more. CBS All Access finally got me.

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 16, 2019, 01:58:15 am »
http://comicbook.com/startrek/2019/07/15/star-trek-discovery-season-one-blu-ray-prime-day-sale/
I'm late as hell but I just watched the first two episodes of season one and started the third right before the plane landed.  I'm hooked in a way I didn't expect. 

I think serialized storytelling is the best format for Star Trek...better than the old series or the movies.  I can't wait to see more. CBS All Access finally got me.

Cool. Though I haven't gotten All Access, and am waiting until Season 2 comes out on Blu-Ray, I really was impressed with Season 1. It was better than I thought it would be. The production values were the best of any of the television series and many of the films as well. While I don't think the character work was great, compared to most of the other Trek first seasons, it was pretty good. Discovery Season 1 was the second best Trek first season outside of TOS's first season.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 16, 2019, 09:09:16 am »
Finally, some discussion on Star Trek: Disco!  :)

Do understand the trick to understanding Star Trek: Disco season one is paying attention to what timeline each of the characters exist in & how they intertwine with each other.

Michael Burnham is fun to watch kick ass, yo!

Some criticism: 

the homosexual relationship scenes contain too information (if you know what I mean); editing needs to be tighter 

Some dramatic scenes involving dialogue seem to drag on. 

Overall, a new palette of the highest production values in visual effects ever seen in Star Trek television combined with new & aspiring actors. 
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 10:54:07 am by Battle »

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 01:56:38 am by Emperorjones »

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile