Author Topic: Star Trek franchise  (Read 67262 times)

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Star Trek franchise
« Reply #360 on: November 29, 2020, 01:38:48 pm »
The last day they offered for the deal was November 30. And they do ask for your credit card information. I have subscribed in the past but I think this offer is also out there for new subscribers.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: November 29, 2020, 02:35:46 pm »
The last day they offered for the deal was November 30. And they do ask for your credit card information. I have subscribed in the past but I think this offer is also out there for new subscribers.

I'm confused about what you just wrote.

If it's too much of a hassle to watch a complimentary online television show, I'll just wait until Star Trek: Discovery is available on a disc.

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: November 29, 2020, 02:46:31 pm »

I'm confused about what you just wrote.

If it's too much of a hassle to watch a complimentary online television show, I'll just wait until Star Trek: Discovery is available on a disc.

Not sure what's confusing about this. CBS All Access offered a free month, but the deadline I got to take the free month offer was November 30, tomorrow. So, I wanted to let you know that if you were planning to subscribe on December 1, you might be past the deadline. Further, if you did want to subscribe, CBS will want your credit card information, just so know that in case you didn't want to give that information to them.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: November 29, 2020, 03:00:07 pm »
Further, if you did want to subscribe, CBS will want your credit card information, just so know that in case you didn't want to give that information to them.

Mentioning the complimentary offer on the last day was where the confusion lies; not useful information.   ;D

I have absolutely zero intent subscribing to a online television show.   Thanks for information that yields no purpose.  Enjoy your day. :)

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: November 29, 2020, 06:32:31 pm »
Further, if you did want to subscribe, CBS will want your credit card information, just so know that in case you didn't want to give that information to them.

Mentioning the complimentary offer on the last day was where the confusion lies; not useful information.   ;D

I have absolutely zero intent subscribing to a online television show.   Thanks for information that yields no purpose.  Enjoy your day. :)

Way to be ungrateful. I was trying to be nice by letting you know about the deadline so if you were interested you would not miss it. It's not my job to tell you when CBS All Access offers any deals. Further, I don't care if you subscribe or not.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: November 30, 2020, 02:51:05 am »
Way to be ungrateful.

Your help is appreciated, however, if you want to turn folks onto something you believe is exciting; try to be expedient.  :)

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: November 30, 2020, 04:07:27 am »
Way to be ungrateful.

Your help is appreciated, however, if you want to turn folks onto something you believe is exciting; try to be expedient.  :)

Your appreciation wasn't as evident as it should have been, but I do appreciate the clarification. The only person complaining is you. Further, I was writing a review of the first seven episodes of ST: Discovery and as an aside mentioning the method or reason for why I was looking at it through CBS All Access. The deadline means that you have to subscribe by November 30, not that the offer ends November 30. So, if you subscribe today then it runs out December 30. The only person who seemed to have an issue with this is you. It seems like you are very much against subscribing to look at online television anyway, so why is it even a big deal even if what I wrote wasn't 'expedient'? Once again, it's your choice whether to read my reviews, thoughts, and articles about Trek or other things I put out there, as it is your choice to comment about it. It's not my job to turn anyone on to anything. My review of ST: Discovery Season 3 is mixed, so it's not a ringing endorsement meant to bring new people to the series necessarily.

I'm a diehard Trek fan and even I'm not a regular All Access subscriber, and only am subscribing now because the free month gives me enough time to get caught up on Discovery but also ST: Lower Decks. The last offer I took allowed me to look at most of the Short Treks and all of ST: Picard, and I was grateful for that because I saw how awful Picard was and saved me from spending money on the Blu-Ray or DVD. I like Trek and I like talking Trek, but that doesn't mean I'm here to convert anyone into a Trek fan. Though it is nice regardless if anyone sees something I've put out there and it does tweak their interest.

To be fair, looking back over what I've written about this, I can understand how you could misunderstand what I wrote about the deadline, which I thought was self-evident, but then again, I have gotten these offers before whereas you might have been aware of them and how they work, so I will give you that. But that doesn't stop you from looking into the issue yourself and it still doesn't mean I have a responsibility to inform you of CBS All Access subscription offers.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 04:14:13 am by Emperorjones »

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: December 01, 2020, 03:20:16 pm »

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile