Author Topic: The Hudlin 100: Ten Best Life Moments of 2016  (Read 1933 times)

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
The Hudlin 100: Ten Best Life Moments of 2016
« on: December 27, 2016, 08:21:57 pm »
Yep, new post on the main page.  Check it out then post here about it.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
Re: The Hudlin 100: Ten Best Life Moments of 2016
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 10:14:06 am »
Wonderful!  :)

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 05:54:51 pm »

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2017, 06:37:34 am »

Very cool recaps :)

So what network are the Image Awards on this year?  Looking forward to seeing actors, authors, shows and films get props that are often skipped over by the Globes, Oscars, Emmys, etc.

So the Black Movie Soundtrack spectacular skips 2017?  Curious.  Since the next one's for 2018, I guess I'll almost have no excuse not to plan to try and check it out.  Hopefully I'll be caked up and will have escaped by then.

I wish your Oscars telecast was on DVD.  The Academy should actually consider some boxed set compilations, or making them available on streaming sites.

A Batmobile!  So where did this one come from?  How long did you get to drive it around? How does it handle?

Is post-production done with Marshall?  When does it finally come out?

Niagara Falls and Hawaii... more bucket list locales.. very cool-- can anybody go to visit Diamond Head?

I saw that Showtime at the Apollo special! Didn't know you were involved, Mr. Reggie, Kudos!

Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2017, 12:00:38 pm »

Very cool recaps :)

So what network are the Image Awards on this year?  Looking forward to seeing actors, authors, shows and films get props that are often skipped over by the Globes, Oscars, Emmys, etc.

So the Black Movie Soundtrack spectacular skips 2017?  Curious.  Since the next one's for 2018, I guess I'll almost have no excuse not to plan to try and check it out.  Hopefully I'll be caked up and will have escaped by then.

I wish your Oscars telecast was on DVD.  The Academy should actually consider some boxed set compilations, or making them available on streaming sites.

A Batmobile!  So where did this one come from?  How long did you get to drive it around? How does it handle?

Is post-production done with Marshall?  When does it finally come out?

Niagara Falls and Hawaii... more bucket list locales.. very cool-- can anybody go to visit Diamond Head?

I saw that Showtime at the Apollo special! Didn't know you were involved, Mr. Reggie, Kudos!

The Image Awards are on TV One. 

We are mainly done with Marshall.  Tinkering with some additional music and titles, but the movie is pretty much locked.

Yes, anyone can visit Diamond Head and the pathways were packed the day we were there.

Thanks for the kind words about the Showtime At the Apollo special.  Very proud of it.

One of the background actors in the jury of MARSHALL also owned one of the Batmobiles (and a couple of other movie prop vehicles) which he rents out.  He asked if he could bring it to the wrap party and I very enthusiastically said yes!  He drove me around then let me get behind the wheel.  The Batmobile has no rear view mirrors so you have to be careful pulling into traffic or changing lanes.  But mainly it's about not driving like a maniac because...yo, you're deriving the Batmobile.  I feel no cop should be able to stop you. 

The movie will be out this fall.  Exact dates tbd.

The Bowl only likes doing the Black Movie Soundtrack concert every other year because it's a tough show to mount.  So everybody get their money out and be there!  Folks flew in from all over this year.